Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2015, 16:48   #6331
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Now on NH17/NH66 you can see a very rare signage. Speed limit markers saying 100!!! It is there in many places. I had never seen a 3 digit speed limit until now.
It was there on NH48 (Nelamangala Hassan) soon as it became 4 lane. Lots of places with 100 as speed limit. Later they were either changed to 80 or removed due to accidents and of course now we have speedbreakers increasing every day on this mere 150 kms stretch!!

Of course, if we talk about earlier days, NE1 (Baroda Ahmedabad) was (is) 100 KMPH and we know how much it is for Hyderabad Ring Road.
Old 11th October 2015, 21:08   #6332
BHPian

Re: The art of travelling between Bangalore - Mangalore/Udupi

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
By the way - Very few here know Aadyas.It has been my favorite since past 4 to 5 years though. Very good food (yes, better than Mayura for sure and at Par with Swati), Clean rest rooms, lovely staff and better options to eat too. They now are an "Andhra Special" joint.
Thanks; I will be going that way in ~ 12 days, will try to visit them. Are they veg only or non-veg as well? And cuisine - only Andhra?
Old 11th October 2015, 21:25   #6333
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
Thanks; I will be going that way in ~ 12 days, will try to visit them. Are they veg only or non-veg as well? And cuisine - only Andhra?
Recently they seem to have started Non Veg as well (ever since they became an Andhra speciality restaurant). Not fully sure about this.

I haven't visited this place since May like I mentioned. Seldom take a break when I am driving to Belur from Bangalore.

This one comes on the left hand side. First the 2 lane undivded Channarayapatna Bypass ends and becomes 4 lane again. Then you get a Truck Lay bye on the left. Soon after this lay bye is Aadyaas. Next to Aadyas will be A2B. A little ahead (say 50 meters) on right hand side will be Kamat Upachar and CCD.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2015, 22:51   #6334
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Kundapura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
It is fine, and no traffic either. Ampere's route has no bad stretch at all.
How about Tirthahalli - Ampar via Hulikal instead of via Agumbe?
Old 13th October 2015, 12:01   #6335
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Agumbe ghat road to be closed for 3 months from November for repairs to make it a full fledged "all-season road"
Source:Indian Express, Bangalore 12 Oct 2015 - Link
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2015, 13:40   #6336
Team-BHP Support

Re: Bangalore - Kundapura

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
How about Tirthahalli - Ampar via Hulikal instead of via Agumbe?
Thirthalli-Hulikal : There are more than one roads. The one via Mani dam is very good and was newly laid in end '14. However there are quite many turns/junctions on this route. You need to make sure, you dont get lost by taking the correct exits. Also dont expect many people to be present to guide you. Baring the Mani dam colony, there is no other traffic on this road. It can get quite lonely and desolate. And also Hulikal ghat road was being relaid towards Ampar. Dont know current status. Most people at Nagar head to Nittur for Kollur and hence dont take route to Ampar. Thats the reason, we dont get to know status of this section on a regular basis.

If you still want to take the road via Hulikal either be aware of the correct route in this area, or take the : Shimoga-Ayannur-Rippopete-Hosanagara-Hulikal-Ampar option.

Or stick to the standard route of Thirthalli-Agumbe-Someshwar-Ampar-Kundapur.

Last edited by ampere : 13th October 2015 at 13:45.
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2015, 19:06   #6337
BHPian

I believe a local Mysore newspaper reported that Shiradi Ghat will be closed from Nov 1. :(
Old 13th October 2015, 19:25   #6338
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Agumbe ghat road to be closed for 3 months from November for repairs to make it a full fledged "all-season road"
Quote:
I believe a local Mysore newspaper reported that Shiradi Ghat will be closed from Nov 1. :(
What? They can't close two major ghats at the same time!!! This simply can't happen.

Last edited by Samurai : 13th October 2015 at 19:43.
Old 13th October 2015, 20:07   #6339
BHPian

Hopefully they aren't stupid enough to close both at the same time. Perhaps Agumbe will remain open since Shiradi has higher priority (bus, truck traffic). It's not as if Agumbe was in pristine condition always, has deteriorated, and needs to be restored to its former glory!
Old 13th October 2015, 21:40   #6340
BHPian

Folks - need a little help here. Few of us planning to go to 'Turtlebay resort' near Maravanthe from Bangalore by bike (coming weekend). I have been trying to find the best route from Bangalore considering that there are couple of Harley's with low ground clearance in our group. I am looking for two options.

1. good route from Bangalore to Turtle bay resort.
2. on return we are planning to spend a day in 'Sakleshpur', so a good route from maravanthe to Sakleshpur and from Sakleshpur to bangalore.

both should be good for bike riding. Please share if you know of good route. Thanks !!
Old 13th October 2015, 23:02   #6341
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
A typo maybe ? Instead of Agumbe did they mention Shiradi ?
It's highly unlikely that both these ghat roads will close down at the same time.
Old 13th October 2015, 23:28   #6342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebmrajesh View Post
Folks - need a little help here. Few of us planning to go to 'Turtlebay resort' near Maravanthe from Bangalore by bike (coming weekend). I have been trying to find the best route from Bangalore considering that there are couple of Harley's with low ground clearance in our group. I am looking for two options.

1. good route from Bangalore to Turtle bay resort.
2. on return we are planning to spend a day in 'Sakleshpur', so a good route from maravanthe to Sakleshpur and from Sakleshpur to bangalore.

both should be good for bike riding. Please share if you know of good route. Thanks !!
Onward: Bangalore - Hassan - Belur - Mudigere - Charmadi - Ujire - Belthangady - Karkala - Udupi - Turtle bay.

I would suggest Thirthahalli - Agumbe route, but Agumbe ghat down to Someshwara is broken. Also Charmadi ghat is a bikers paradise.

Return: Turtle bay - Udupi - Belthangady - Uppinangadi - Nellyadi - Shiradi - Sakleshpur - Hassan - Bangalore.

This is my suggestion. Cheers!
Added_flavor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2015, 14:21   #6343
BHPian

Planning a long trip

Day one- Bangalore to Mangalore - suggested route by Google states Shirdi ghat, and i believe it is open till Nov so is this the fastest route? Any suggestions on where to stop for breakfast (Shark is too close to Bangalore)

Day two and three - Mangalore to Kundapur to Om beach - Still undecided whether to stay in Namaste Cafe or Namaste Sanjeevini. any suggestions? Got a 8 year old son so leaning towards the latter as it has a pool as well. Any suggestions of to do/see in and around om beach?

Day four drive via Karwar to Candolim and spend a three days in Goa

Head back post lunch and do a pit stop in Hubli - President hotel (via Ponda or the other route?) before heading back to Bangalore.

Some thoughts on places to eat
Mangalore - Shetty/Gajali
Kundapur - Shetty lunch home
Om beach - Namaste Cafe - any other places?
Karwar - The Amrut hotel
Goa - too many!

-
Old 14th October 2015, 14:43   #6344
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangaraj View Post
Day one- Bangalore to Mangalore - suggested route by Google states Shirdi ghat, and i believe it is open till Nov so is this the fastest route? Any suggestions on where to stop for breakfast (Shark is too close to Bangalore)
Yes, Shark is too close to Bangalore.
About 100Km from Bangalore you have some better options:
1. Swathi Delicacy before Yediyur. This is on right side and there is a break in median for U-turn. There is also Adigas Grand nearby but haven't tried that one
2. Mayura at Bellur Cross, on left side service road. About 10Km after Swathi
3. There is a new A2B near the Bellur Cross toll plaza, also Aadhya nearby though I haven't tried these.

At Mangalore, don't miss visits to Pabbas, Ideal ice cream and Ideal Cafe (fast food style, very good), all owned by the same folks.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2015, 15:03   #6345
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
3. There is a new A2B near the Bellur Cross toll plaza, also Aadhya nearby though I haven't tried these.
Nowhere near Bellur cross toll Plaza. These are after Channarayapatna Bypass towards Hassan or almost near Udyapura.

For taste, you either need to visit these places and eat or read few posts on this thread ☺.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks