Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2015, 14:11   #6391
Senior - BHPian

Re: The art of travelling between Bangalore - Mangalore/Udupi

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
What hotels in Udupi have you shortlisted? Or what is ur budget. I am at Udupi so I can book / recommend if needed.
I have shortlisted only Fortune and Kidiyur. Fortune is the first one that comes up in the booking websites and Kidiyur was suggested by a friend. I don't see Kidiyur listed in most of the websites though. Might have to call and book I suppose.

Please suggest something along the lines of these two. Main criteria is cleanliness and safe parking.
Old 21st October 2015, 14:27   #6392
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
I have shortlisted only Fortune and Kidiyur. Fortune is the first one that comes up in the booking websites and Kidiyur was suggested by a friend. I don't see Kidiyur listed in most of the websites though. Might have to call and book I suppose.

Please suggest something along the lines of these two. Main criteria is cleanliness and safe parking.
It's Hotel Kediyoor. In the heart of Udupi with the best parking. Rooms and facilities are good too. Fortune Inn Valley View is in Manipal and was a star rated property at one time. (Maybe still is). Good parking, star treatment, etc. But expensive. I can enquire at Kediyoor.

Other options like Kediyoor are Udupi Residency, Sriram Residency, Ramakrishna Hotel.
samaspire is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 15:25   #6393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It's Hotel Kediyoor. I can enquire at Kediyoor.
Thanks for the offer. Will let you know if I need help with the booking.
Old 21st October 2015, 16:08   #6394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
This is what happens when you only look at google maps and search your destination/POI versus knowing the place even before Googlemaps arrived.
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
Looks like some people depend on Google Maps to even slow down for speed breakers 😀
Give me a break guys! I'm totally unfamiliar with Hassan. When Parag's link showed Federal Bank, how was I to know it was the petrol bunk? A flat roof does not automatically imply it's a petrol bunk. Since I didn't see the bunk in Parag's link, I searched for the bunk in G-Maps (what other option did I have?) and when G-Maps didn't know where it was, I asked here again.

If this irritates or amuses you, I'll just back off and not ask questions here. I managed without TBHP before, and can again. I come here for the community spirit, not to be made fun of.
Old 21st October 2015, 16:24   #6395
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
Give me a break guys! I'm totally unfamiliar with Hassan. When Parag's link showed Federal Bank, how was I to know it was the petrol bunk? A flat roof does not automatically imply it's a petrol bunk. Since I didn't see the bunk in Parag's link, I searched for the bunk in G-Maps (what other option did I have?) and when G-Maps didn't know where it was, I asked here again.

If this irritates or amuses you, I'll just back off and not ask questions here. I managed without TBHP before, and can again. I come here for the community spirit, not to be made fun of.
Not at all TheTeacher. Don't take it seriously.

It was expected from anyone that a location marked as Bank (and no name of any fuel station exactly there) would amuse. I only meant that these days Googlemaps is reliable than ever before but has also got its own share of flaws.

It was only few months before that another BHPian gave Ashoka Hotel as the address in Hassan and landed up in a very secluded location all because it was wrongly marked.

For that matter, I have taken help from a BHpian and Googlemap maker Klub_Klass to mark roads around the Belur Temple which was never visible or marked in Gmaps before.

I hope you take this in right spirits and understand that it was never intended to you at all but towards Technology that can at times be a bane.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 17:32   #6396
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post

Quote:
TheTeacher, don't take it to your heart buddy, Parag was talking about technology what google maps has and speedsatya was pulling Parag legs. So nothing was intended to you buddy. We are always there to help you and will be there
fusionbang is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 17:34   #6397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Apart from this, Venkatadri Service Station which is a HPCL station at Santhepete Circle is another very reliable and good station which also accepts cards and owned by folks who flaunt multiple car/2 wheeler dealerships in Hassan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
Agree with ampere and Parag. These 2 fuel stations are quite popular in Hassan. Both of them are located on the right hand side of the road (when coming from Bangalore)
Quote:
For that matter, I have taken help from a BHpian and Googlemap maker Klub_Klass to mark roads around the Belur Temple which was never visible or marked in Gmaps before.
Thanks for the leads. I have added the HPCL Fuel Station on Google Maps using Map Maker. It might take some time for it to appear on the Google Maps

EDIT : I've deleted the Federal Bank (it's under approval). Will make necessary changes, once it's approved

The art of travelling between Bangalore - Mangalore/Udupi-hpcl-fuel-station.jpg

Last edited by Klub Class : 21st October 2015 at 17:42.
Klub Class is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 18:23   #6398
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I am not able decide one hotel in Udupi and you are now suggesting me to find four Please suggest hotels as well.
Kalasa/Horanadu: Upasana. (Very nice place. Have stayed here)
Udupi : Valley View (ITC Fortune Inn). Its in Manipal and not in Udupi. But I likd the place. A bit expensive though
Kukke: Vijay Inn Newly opened.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 18:48   #6399
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Udupi : Valley View (ITC Fortune Inn). Its in Manipal and not in Udupi. But I likd the place. A bit expensive though
Suprabha Regency at Kalasa is a nice Place.

Stayed here twice and liked it for its VFM proposition.

http://www.tripadvisor.in/Hotel_Review-g3247555-d3727631-Reviews-Suprabha_Residency-Kalasa_Karnataka.html

Upasana Retreat will be on the higher side like a Holiday resort.

Last edited by paragsachania : 21st October 2015 at 18:51.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 20:07   #6400
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Suprabha Regency at Kalasa is a nice Place.

Stayed here twice and liked it for its VFM proposition.

http://www.tripadvisor.in/Hotel_Revi...Karnataka.html

Upasana Retreat will be on the higher side like a Holiday resort.
Agree with Parag in this. Suprabha is super reasonable and is neat and clean. The food available at the hotel too is good. Have stayed here few times and have had a good experience. Moreover, I don't think there is anything of similar quality and budget nearby
funkykar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2015, 10:31   #6401
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Parag. You're one of the most helpful on TBHP, evidenced by the number of your posts and the more than 2.x thanks compared to posts! Your info has been greatly helpful to me and I am grateful for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
We are always there to help you and will be there
Thanks fusion, that's what makes this place extraordinary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
I have added the HPCL Fuel Station on Google Maps using Map Maker. It might take some time for it to appear on the Google Maps.
Thank you sir.
TheTeacher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2015, 14:39   #6402
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It's Hotel Kediyoor. In the heart of Udupi with the best parking. Rooms and facilities are good too. Fortune Inn Valley View is in Manipal and was a star rated property at one time. (Maybe still is). Good parking, star treatment, etc. But expensive. I can enquire at Kediyoor.

Other options like Kediyoor are Udupi Residency, Sriram Residency, Ramakrishna Hotel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Thanks again samaspire & ampere. Kediyoor was not available, so booked Forture Inn. Only booking this for now and will make other reservations as the trip unfolds.
Jaguar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2015, 14:47   #6403
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks again samaspire & ampere. Kediyoor was not available, so booked Forture Inn. Only booking this for now and will make other reservations as the trip unfolds.
Let me know if you need any help while at Udupi.
Old 25th October 2015, 09:50   #6404
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Survey work for the Shiradi Ghat bypass to begin in 2 days.

Quote:
  • The 23 Km long bypass starts from Heggadde to Adda Hole
  • It is a six lane road with one emergency lane and no curves
  • Of the 6 tunnels, the 3Km long tunnel is the longest
  • It will have 5 over bridges, the longest of which is 1.4 Km
  • All bridges over 100mtr in height
  • Road will be tolled
  • Project Cost Rupees 10,000 Cr, Construction by JICA
All bridges will be over 100mtr in height?

Source:New Indian Express, Bangalore 25 Oct 2015. Article:"Survey work on Shiradi Ghat Bypass in 2 Days" - Link

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 28th October 2015 at 13:42. Reason: Typo.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2015, 16:18   #6405
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Survey work for the Shiradi Ghat bypass to begin in 2 days.

All bridges will be over 100mtr in height?

Source:New Indian Express, Bangalore 25 Oct 2015. Article:"Survey work on Shiradi Ghat Bypass in 2 Days" - Link
I am laughing here thinking no curves

It will be a giant slide with everyone trying to do paisa vasool of their toll fee by going fast. And what about the uphill climb!!

I can't imagine the straight line for 23 km. Might cause alot of accidents . Do we have any links to similar projects/roads for me to understand how it would be like

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 28th October 2015 at 13:43. Reason: Quoted post edited.
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed