Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2015, 11:53   #6346
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The art of travelling between Bangalore - Mangalore/Udupi

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Nowhere near Bellur cross toll Plaza. These are after Channarayapatna Bypass towards Hassan or almost near Udyapura.
My bad, yes Aadhyas & the new A2B are further away near CR Patna at Udayapura. Thanks for the correction!
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 13:03   #6347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
My bad, yes Aadhyas & the new A2B are further away near CR Patna at Udayapura. Thanks for the correction!
So what are the options I have if I am diverting towards Arsikere after CR Patna?
Old 15th October 2015, 13:05   #6348
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
So what are the options I have if I am diverting towards Arsikere after CR Patna?
There is a Coffee Day after Arsikere. But thats it. I am not aware of any good place. You will have to go into Shimoga town for a good hotel. (Eg Royal Orchid)
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 13:08   #6349
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The Arsikere turn off bypasses CR Patna and you will turn right just after the toll plaza. Your options on the NH48 are still Swathi/Adigas grand near Yediyur and the Mayura at Bellur Cross.
Udayapura is further ahead so not really an option unless you want to go all the way there and head back towards Ariskere turn off.
Or the CCD at Arsikere on the NH206. Have heard of Preethi canteen at Birur too but just is just a small roadside shop/eatery. Rest rooms, etc suspect here for a break with family.
Shimoga does have options but I guess is too far for a breakfast stop.

Last edited by NPV : 15th October 2015 at 13:10.
Old 15th October 2015, 13:17   #6350
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The Arsikere turn off bypasses CR Patna and you will turn right just after the toll plaza.
You turn off after the 2 Lane CR Patna bypass ends for Arasikere. The Previous toll would be Hirisave which will be at least 25 kms away while the next toll is Shantigrama which is another 10-15 kms ahead.

This is exactly the point where you need to turn right for Arasikere. None of the toll booths are to be remembered for reference.

So to remember where to turn right, its simple. The CR Patna bypass is 2 lane unlike the regular 4 lane road. Once you enter the bypass, you will have speedbreakers at 3 locations. First when you enter the bypass, second at the Nuggehalli Intersection and the third one at the end of the bypass which is the Intersection with the CR Patna-Gandsi-Arasikere road.

Last edited by paragsachania : 15th October 2015 at 13:30.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 14:06   #6351
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
There is a Coffee Day after Arsikere
Quote:
Your options on the NH48 are still Swathi/Adigas grand near Yediyur and the Mayura at Bellur Cross.
Quote:
You turn off after the 2 Lane CR Patna bypass ends for Arasikere
Thanks guys.. I am aware of the turn-off coordinates. My query was more around eating options available. Looks like Swathi, Mayura, and Adigas are the options I have other than the CCD after Arsikere.
Old 15th October 2015, 14:19   #6352
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks guys.. I am aware of the turn-off coordinates. My query was more around eating options available. Looks like Swathi, Mayura, and Adigas are the options I have other than the CCD after Arsikere.
I was only responding to NPV as there is no right after any such toll booth on CR Patna bypass to turn right .

There are highways and then there are drivers. Apart from this, there are specific kind of travelers who can't drive without a CCD or a Kamat. I hope that is not the case with you. If so, apart from CCD near Arasikere, you have Priti Canteen at Birur for yummy Dosas that you can always try. Not a swanky restaurant but you cannot have a cake and eat it too.

Few places around this region are better experienced the way they remain even today. Have a safe trip.

Last edited by paragsachania : 15th October 2015 at 14:37.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 15:06   #6353
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I was only responding to NPV as there is no right after any such toll booth on CR Patna bypass to turn right .

There are highways and then there are drivers. Apart from this, there are specific kind of travelers who can't drive without a CCD or a Kamat. I hope that is not the case with you. If so, apart from CCD near Arasikere, you have Priti Canteen at Birur for yummy Dosas that you can always try. Not a swanky restaurant but you cannot have a cake and eat it too.
Thanks for clarifying that the exit is on the 2 laned CR Patna bypass but quite a distance after the toll plaza The last 2 times I've been on that route, was before and after the CR Patna bypass was opened adding to my confusion about the toll booth.

Couldn't agree with you more on CCD's which are usually never our preferred break stops. In fact not even the A2B's these days, we stay away from them, especially the ones that resemble refugee camps

Last edited by NPV : 15th October 2015 at 15:12.
Old 15th October 2015, 16:08   #6354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
there are specific kind of travelers who can't drive without a CCD or a Kamat. I hope that is not the case with you
Definitely not Thanks for all the tips! Another query - is the jinxed railway overbridge at Yeshwantpur / GG Palya (connecting ORR to NH4) ready yet? Or am I better off going via Mekhri Circle?

Last edited by cool_dube : 15th October 2015 at 16:15.
Old 15th October 2015, 16:43   #6355
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Definitely not Thanks for all the tips! Another query - is the jinxed railway overbridge at Yeshwantpur / GG Palya (connecting ORR to NH4) ready yet? Or am I better off going via Mekhri Circle?
Yes. If early morning before 7am, Mekhri circle IISc Yeshwantpur is best and if peak hours, you can always take BEL Circle - Jalahalli - HMT Watch Factory - Platinum City Apartments - U Turn at Goreguntepalya-NBTL.

Since I stay in Vidyaranyapura, this is the best escape route to avoid the mess if gates are closed.
Old 15th October 2015, 17:01   #6356
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
There are highways and then there are drivers. Apart from this, there are specific kind of travelers who can't drive without a CCD or a Kamat.
Quote:
CCD many a times is the saviour. Because thats the only place you can hope to get a clear wash room! (Note the stress on the word hope!)

Many other places dont even propose to have one. (Apart from a full restaurant). Thats one reason I avoid, road sides hotels, however good they may be in terms of quality of food; when I am with family.
Old 15th October 2015, 17:10   #6357
BHPian

Quote:
There is Vinayaka Cafe in Kadur, looks it is newly opened. It is towards the end of Kadur town and on the left side while going towards Birur.
We had breakfast there about 3 weeks back and was quite good. It is good for family and has clean toilets.
gypsyFreak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 17:19   #6358
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
CCD many a times is the saviour. Because thats the only place you can hope to get a clear wash room! (Note the stress on the word hope!)

Many other places dont even propose to have one. (Apart from a full restaurant). Thats one reason I avoid, road sides hotels, however good they may be in terms of quality of food; when I am with family.
Days have changed and to run a business today one needs to have good rest rooms even if not good food. Many times I have banked upon COCO fuel stations who have offered me keys to access cleaner rest rooms. I have been lucky there and I guess there is absolutely nothing wrong in that.

When you dont have choices, you plan accordingly and it always works. There are aplenty options not on Googlemaps but merely famous due to word of mouth publicity and they have just evolved and got better.

Take the case of 3 Restaurants inside Belur town. They had to get better in last 3 years as they never had choice lest they wanted to shut shops.

Take the case of the famous thatte idly spot inside Kunigal who is now moving into a full fledged facility right on the bypass.

Agree that CCDs are good options on our highways but till we never try anything else we will never known the reality.

So if there is NOTHING, CCDs are saviors but if there are options, they ought to be tried.
Old 15th October 2015, 17:25   #6359
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
So if there is NOTHING, CCDs are saviors but if there are options, they ought to be tried.

Thats exactly I follow too. In case of no good restaurants, even I look for COCO bunks in case of urgency. Even I have never been disappointed with the results.
Old 15th October 2015, 20:10   #6360
Senior - BHPian

Planning to do a Bengaluru Udupi via Mysuru. I cannot skip Mysuru as I am picking up my nephew. It will be a leisure drive. Can gurus here direct me through a route which can be an enjoyable drive to all. Don't mind even if it is slightly longer. My ride will be a Baleno.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks