Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2012, 12:37   #106
BHPian

Re: Brand new ANHC or used Civic to keep for 10 years. Edit: Got a 2007 Honda Civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by autofreak View Post
sumeeth, its normal to have fade/scratch marks in the interiors especially on power window switch consoles. even my car with 22K on odo had scratched logo on the steering wheel. I am replacing it with Type R Red H logo. If the internals and accident history are clean. you may go for it. All the best
Where can one get the Red H logo for civic?
Old 29th February 2012, 21:50   #107
BHPian

Re: Brand new ANHC or used Civic to keep for 10 years. Edit: Got a 2007 Honda Civic

Sumeet congratulations. I picked up a pre-owned 2007 Civic of the same color a month back after reading all threads on the topic and I am so happy I did it.
Mine's an A/T. I changed all fluids: engine oil, A/T fluid, coolant, brake fluid, P/S fluid and oil filter. Changed to stock K&N filter and upgraded cabin lights to LED and the car works like a dream.

Happy driving!
navinmra
navinmra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2012, 22:33   #108
BHPian

Probably this is the most relevant thread as the car in question is "Used Honda Civic AT". Looking for a better option amongst one of these:

1. Jul 2007 CIVIC AT - 6.9 lakhs, 42000 kms
2. Dec 2006 CIVIC AT - 6.3 lakhs, 36000 kms

Planned Usage:
1. Monthly - 300 to 400 kms (mostly driven by wife, ferrying my kid, shopping)
2. Expected FE - 8+ should be fine for me, mostly city use (Will CIVIC AT match ?)
3. Term to keep car - Atleast 3 years
4. Budget - 5 to 8 lakhs
5. Will be a secondary car but used everyday - need reliability.
6. AT is an absolute must and I want to treat myself with paddle shifters (i can compromise though on this feature)
7. Boot will be frequently used.
8. May not be used for frequent highway drives or driven on bad roads.
9. Do not want to spend more than 30,000 annually (apart from fuel) on maintenance.
10. No modifications will be done.

While the other question "which is a better VFM alternative to used CIVIC AT" would be irrelevant to this thread, pointers are always welcome (on IM / I can start a new thread somewhere else for the comparison), I'm looking forward to potential issues I can have with used civic listed above (for approximate 10,000-15,000 kms of running in 3 years). Or, can I still look for some higher mileage AT and older too, given that it may not be used for more than 15,000kms when it changes hands.
Old 3rd June 2012, 21:31   #109
BHPian

Folks, I have booked August 2006 Honda Civic S-AT, 49000 kms on odo. Offer price was 6.10 lakh (after negotiation). The caveat is that the car was not insured from August 2011 till now, and the seller (classic motors) is suggesting that he will put a random IDV of 5 lakhs while insuring. I will be the third owner. The car is in good shape, timely serviced, but lack of insurance is raising eyebrows. Will there be any legal issue ? I will have paid the insurance before I own it and hit the road.

Somethings about the car:
1. Engine bonnet firewall chewed by rats
2. Battery is stock - Please suggest the battery rating and replacement brand
3. Tyres are stock - less life remaining, so will be changed (so negotiated from 6.25 to 6.1 - anyways 6 years almost nearing, so better to discard them)
4. Underbody damages were nicely concealed with paint. However visually / structurally no damages.
5. All electricals, A/C working fine.
6. Suspension is toughened

I plan to finalize the deal in 4-5 days. If there's an issue, I will cancel this booking and I might lose some token amount - but that's fine as long as I do not have a lemon and a genuine object.
Old 3rd June 2012, 21:37   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devsoftech View Post
Folks, I have booked August 2006 Honda Civic S-AT, 49000 kms on odo.
I hope you have checked for engine mounts as it's a issue with pre 2008 models.Also check for brake pedal shuddering which happens due to wear and tear of brake pads and disk rotors.
sumeethaldankar is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2012, 21:46   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Folks, I have booked August 2006 Honda Civic S-AT, 49000 kms on odo. Offer price was 6.10 lakh (after negotiation). The caveat is that the car was not insured from August 2011 till now, and the seller (classic motors) is suggesting that he will put a random IDV of 5 lakhs while insuring. I will be the third owner. The car is in good shape, timely serviced, but lack of insurance is raising eyebrows. Will there be any legal issue ? I will have paid the insurance before I own it and hit the road.

Somethings about the car:
1. Engine bonnet firewall chewed by rats
2. Battery is stock - Please suggest the battery rating and replacement brand
3. Tyres are stock - less life remaining, so will be changed (so negotiated from 6.25 to 6.1 - anyways 6 years almost nearing, so better to discard them)
4. Underbody damages were nicely concealed with paint. However visually / structurally no damages.
5. All electricals, A/C working fine.
6. Suspension is toughened

I plan to finalize the deal in 4-5 days. If there's an issue, I will cancel this booking and I might lose some token amount - but that's fine as long as I do not have a lemon and a genuine object.
I dont know much about car prices in Bangalore but 6 lacks for a 2006 civic without insurance and owned twice doesn't seem like a good deal! Also the battery will need replacement plus new tires!

Please check the used car thread for civic prices.2007 civics go for 5 lakhs in Mumbai(according to used car thread!) this was before the petrol price hike!Now it should be even less!! Even though Bangalore used car prices are higher than Delhi, Mumbai i think the deal is bad.
Please post in the used car thread to get faster responses.

Thought i'll help

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 3rd June 2012 at 21:53.
Old 3rd June 2012, 22:28   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Folks, I have booked August 2006 Honda Civic
ct.
Most of the points you have mentioned are questionable, no insurance renewal, underbody damage concealed, rats eating the firewall etc.

I would suggest avoiding this particular car other than if you know the dealer well or if he is your friend.
Old 4th June 2012, 08:39   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Folks, I have booked August 2006 Honda Civic S-AT, 49000 kms on odo. Offer price was 6.10 lakh (after negotiation).
=================
Incase you are still deciding, here is a better deal IMO. Click here
Though this is a 1.8 S MT. But atleast you have insurance and you would be the second owner.
Old 6th June 2012, 16:41   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
I hope you have checked for engine mounts as it's a issue with pre 2008 models.Also check for brake pedal shuddering which happens due to wear and tear of brake pads and disk rotors.
I am considering a 2006 Civic as well. Are you able to elaborate (or point me to a thread) on the engine mount issue and how can I spot it?
Thanks
Old 6th June 2012, 21:39   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmadhok View Post
I am considering a 2006 Civic as well. Are you able to elaborate (or point me to a thread) on the engine mount issue and how can I spot it?
Thanks
Check out below.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2353530

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2353530
sumeethaldankar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2013, 00:14   #116
BHPian

Hey fellas
I am going through the situation where many have been through but my case is a slightly different. I currently own OHC 1.5 and the maintenance has started getting on higher side and actually its more of inconvenience caused due to frequent visit to workshop so looking for a change.
I prefer a pre-worshipped vehicle to deffer the initial high depreciation as many bhpian do.
I am looking for a city ivtec or civic manual. Budget is fixed so if I go for city it will be not more than 2 yrs old but if civic is there it will be the new face lifted one (i believe started coming in late 2008).
I hold on a vehicle till it starts falling apart.
Have ANHC in friends and family so a known territory but no idea about civic.
Can people suggest how is it to have a pre worshipped civic and what to take care of while buying a pre owned.
What all difference is there is the older civic and the 2nd gen. one?
Valuable suggestions awaited.
Thanks!

Last edited by Honda Monk : 27th May 2013 at 00:26.
Old 29th May 2013, 09:37   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda Monk View Post
Hey fellas
I am going through the situation where many have been through but my case is a slightly different. I currently own OHC 1.5 and the maintenance has started getting on higher side and actually its more of inconvenience caused due to frequent visit to workshop so looking for a change.
I prefer a pre-worshipped vehicle to deffer the initial high depreciation as many bhpian do.
I am looking for a city ivtec or civic manual. Budget is fixed so if I go for city it will be not more than 2 yrs old but if civic is there it will be the new face lifted one (i believe started coming in late 2008).
I hold on a vehicle till it starts falling apart.
Have ANHC in friends and family so a known territory but no idea about civic.
Can people suggest how is it to have a pre worshipped civic and what to take care of while buying a pre owned.
What all difference is there is the older civic and the 2nd gen. one?
Valuable suggestions awaited.
Thanks!
Face lift has below changes other than the visual differences.
1-Fuel economy display.
2-A tad stiffer rear suspension.
3-Cruise control.
4-Steering mounted control and aux in receiver.
The civic has a engine mount problem where the same goes kaput in 40k kms.I believe honda has addressed the issue in the face lift model as i am yet to hear about mounts being busted in the newer civic.

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 29th May 2013 at 09:39.
Old 29th May 2013, 10:31   #118
BHPian

Hey, many congratulations sumeethaldankar. Good to know that u chose the Civic. That's a fantastic car to drive around, I must say. Wishing you happy miles with your civic!
GreyAsta is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks