Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which car would you buy NOW?
Baleno 98 60.49%
Ford Fiesta 1.6 64 39.51%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2006, 12:53   #166
BANNED

Samurai, you had to offload people just to get the damn thing to move??? Wow, that's like the saddest thing I've heard in a while. I'm sure the 1.6 is much better.
Old 20th March 2006, 12:57   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
Any new product will generate some initial enthusiasm among consumers, but then that is just the "Intro" stage for the product. There still remain three more stages in the product life cycle - "growth", "maturity", and "decline". Let's wait and see, how it turns out to be.
I'm happy to see that you are acknowledging (indirectly though, so perhaps you do not realize that you are acknowledging) that the Fiesta hasn't been around long enough for a lot of people (read those who wish to study the market for five or seven years before they finally go in for "proven" cars) to make up their minds.

Last edited by Aditya : 21st March 2006 at 15:40.
Old 20th March 2006, 13:21   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman
I'm happy to see that you are acknowledging (indirectly though, so perhaps you do not realize that you are acknowledging) that the Fiesta hasn't been around long enough for a lot of people (read those who wish to study the market for five or seven years before they finally go in for "proven" cars) to make up their minds.
Even while bringing out the pro's of the Baleno, I have also listed the cons. Same with Fiesta. Have acknowledged what it has and does not. I don't believe in bashing any car just for the heck of it.

Last edited by Aditya : 21st March 2006 at 15:44.
Old 20th March 2006, 15:47   #169
BHPian

Be happy with whatever sales figures you are trying to speak about and most importantly enjoy you fiesta, its a nice car too..But sadly Team-Bhp thinks otherwise and judges the Baleno better than the Fiesta. Thats it!

Last edited by Aditya : 21st March 2006 at 15:20.
Old 20th March 2006, 16:07   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85
But sadly Team-Bhp thinks otherwise and judges the Baleno better than the Fiesta. Thats it!
Speak for your self Prince.......only 113 members (at this point) have actually participated in this poll and Team BHP has a lot more members than that; so lets just say that members participating in the poll have shown a preference towards the Baleno.........

As far as the "whatever sales figures" are concerned, these are available in ACI, anyone having doubts can check these out themselves
Old 20th March 2006, 16:15   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman
Speak for your self Prince.......only 113 members (at this point) have actually participated in this poll and Team BHP has a lot more members than that; so lets just say that members participating in the poll have shown a preference towards the Baleno.........
lets say only 113 members would be interested in deciding between the baleno or the fiesta - rest are not concerned, as they have other cars to consider ..

similarily, there is only a percentage of indian car-buyers who are making the decision between the two - and not everyone is looking at them

but - out of those who are concerned about this comparison, the results are as above ...
Old 20th March 2006, 16:18   #172
Senior - BHPian

The baleno for me anyday.... I've been a proud Maruti customer for over 12 years and have never had any major complaints....

few things that keep me loyal to the maruti brandwagon:

availability of spares, extensive dealer/service network, no complicated engineering involved.... can get almost everything fixed at a local mechanic in times of desperation (like on a highway/village)... touchwood... my car has never died out on me.... except for battery problems after 3 years of usage....

but can i ever remain a maruti customer is something time will tell... my dream car is out there somewhere...
Old 21st March 2006, 15:37   #173
Team-BHP Support

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Personal attacks on fellow BHPians are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. All members are part of the Team-BHP family and any discriminating or derogatory comment is dealt with severely.

We advice you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Stick to the topic and keep the discussion healthy.
Old 21st March 2006, 18:29   #174

Hey All.......just wanted to let you know that i'm now a part of priveleged Baleno Club..Got mine delivered this sunday.......Black........Got sum nice alloys.......Damn the car looks sweet.........N hell.......Even without the first service it runs like a dream..Torque.......Torque and more torque...that too when i'm trying with all my might to keep it below 2000rpm.......Now when i say the drive is sweet mind you that its not a flat opinion.i test drove the fiesta 1.6 a couple of times.....And honestly........i cudnt be happier to have gone with the baleno.......Will post pics n other specs soon in the appropriate section.........
Old 21st March 2006, 18:46   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
The torque simply sucks, it simply couldn't start in a 30 degree gradient with 5 five people. I had to offload three people before it could take on that road. I had to downshift to 2nd in uphills where Baleno effortlessly had climbed in 4th.
I am surprised that a 1.4L petrol car (a so-called newer technology car) had trouble taking off with 5 people, on an 30 degree incline. What's more surprising is that there have been no rebuttals or rejoinders to this comment. A known limitation, perhaps ?
How does the 1.6L version fare on this count ?

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 21st March 2006 at 18:48.
Old 22nd March 2006, 01:10   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
I am surprised that a 1.4L petrol car (a so-called newer technology car) had trouble taking off with 5 people, on an 30 degree incline. What's more surprising is that there have been no rebuttals or rejoinders to this comment. A known limitation, perhaps ?
How does the 1.6L version fare on this count ?
Can't say the same about Aveo 1.4 which has the same hp as Baleno 1.6. The 1.4 Fiesta is on the line of Flair, the specs say it all.
Old 22nd March 2006, 09:11   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The torque simply sucks, it simply couldn't start in a 30 degree gradient with 5 five people. I had to offload three people before it could take on that road.
The Fiesta has a torque of 127Nm@4,000rpm which is quite low at a high rpm. I tried to find the torque figures of the Aveo and I know that it also has 127Nm but even the Gm India site doesn't specify at what rpm it's developed. If the figures are almost the same, then logically the Aveo should also have the same problem. What about the Baleno's torque? The NHC has 125Nm@2700rpm.

NHC 125Nm@2700rpm
Fiesta 127Nm@4000rpm
Aveo 127Nm@-------?
Old 22nd March 2006, 09:36   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit
The Fiesta has a torque of 127Nm@4,000rpm which is quite low at a high rpm. I tried to find the torque figures of the Aveo and I know that it also has 127Nm but even the Gm India site doesn't specify at what rpm it's developed. If the figures are almost the same, then logically the Aveo should also have the same problem. What about the Baleno's torque? The NHC has 125Nm@2700rpm.

NHC 125Nm@2700rpm
Fiesta 127Nm@4000rpm
Aveo 127Nm@-------?
Along with the torque details, one should also take into consideration the weight of the car - the fiesta is clearly the heaviest of the three by far. And though baleno might have a similar torque, its much lighter than any of the three above..

NHC - 1065 kg
Aveo - 1095 kg
Fiesta - ~1150 kg (around that figure)
Baleno - ~950 kg (around that figure)
Old 22nd March 2006, 09:37   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
The torque simply sucks, it simply couldn't start in a 30 degree gradient with 5 five people. I had to offload three people before it could take on that road. I had to downshift to 2nd in uphills where Baleno effortlessly had climbed in 4th.
With all due respect, Samurai San - I doubt if ANY car is underpowered to the extent that you have to offload 3 people to start off on a gradiant. Overloaded Ambassadors and Premier Padminis have done this time and again on our ghat roads before the 'new generation' cars arrived.

I remember you had a similar situation with a gradiant on the approach to your parent's (or in-laws?) house - we discussed this about a year ago. Ask a Taxi driver in a fully loaded amby to take that gradiant and watch how he does it.

Last edited by Steeroid : 22nd March 2006 at 09:43.
Old 22nd March 2006, 09:43   #180
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit
What about the Baleno's torque?
Its 130.5 Nm @ 3000 rpm ..
And the baleno weighs 985 kgs ..

However if u drive a baleno u can feel the torque almost from idle .. One has to drive this car to understand the torque levels ..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 22nd March 2006 at 09:45.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks