Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2006, 12:30   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by burjiis
Hello Venkat,
I just gathered that your car is brand new and you have done just 3000 kms on it. Well! give your car some time Pal, its FE will only increase. I have been recording my FE in a log book since I bought my car. My average FE is 12.02 till date from 13 Dec 2004. I have done modifications to my vehicle like a K&N and free flow, but that was 6 months later on 12th May 2005. My FE figures from 13 Dec 2004 to 16th May 2005 are as follows:

[FONT=Arial]Date[/FONT][FONT=Arial]Km reading
Regards,
Burjis
hey Burjis, i can't read your post....please edit and make it readable.

Last edited by venkatrx : 18th May 2006 at 12:41.
Old 18th May 2006, 12:57   #122
BHPian

Sorry, am unable to post tables created even from notepad.

Mod - you can delete them.

Burjis
Old 18th May 2006, 13:22   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatrx
If ACI says so i will accept it for what ever spares they have considered it is true.

But the prices and facts about bumper/headlight/taillamp/mirrors is still the same. Atleast i can hope that some other spares prices which are probably internal parts are atleast cheaper which has made ACI to give that report.
Incidentally the ACI report includes all the spares you mentioned above. Even including them, the overall spare cost is lower than NHC. So you can imagine how cheap the rest of the stuff is.

The mirrors are SGA and do cost a bit .. I think 5K for the pair.

Bumper prices were quoted by ECM .. they are lower than NHC .. please read previous posts before posting.

OEM MGA Headlight & Tailamps of BSII models cost approx 4000 for a pair and are available officially through dealers .. so it's not as if one does not have any option.
Old 18th May 2006, 13:24   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Negatives of baleno:
Spares cost
Hey Venkat...
My bro has a MASS here in Faridabad acccording to which the spare parts of baleno aren't that costly as mentioned in your other thread infact its very cheap.....
Pls i dont intend to support Baleno just bcos i own one.....I just bought it because it was in my budget n others weren't...

KP
Old 18th May 2006, 13:45   #125
Senior - BHPian

1) 1st a low FE claim, using Optra FE figures.
2) Then a high spares claim using selective data.
3) Finally a JD power report dated 2 years ago when the C segment had all of 3 cars.

Whats next in the pipeline, buddy ?
@venkatrx, hello, hello. u still there. Over.
Old 18th May 2006, 13:58   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
1) 1st a low FE claim, using Optra FE figures.
2) Then a high spares claim using selective data.
3) Finally a JD power report dated 2 years ago when the C segment had all of 3 cars.

Whats next in the pipeline, buddy ?
@venkatrx, hello, hello. u still there. Over.
1. Spares using selective data....dude frontbumper/rearbumper/mirrors/headlight/taillamps/mirrors are highly visible parts to a common man which can get damaged in city traffic. so whats selective about this? fine if you think some spare a,b,c are important you could have posted it.

2. JD power report 2 years ago....he he....its 2004 report so its just one year prior to most recent 2005 report (2006 report will come after 6 month) And now please see the 2005 report posted by aseem on the same thread, even there the baleno problems were 128 v/s 72 for hondacity.

whats next in pipeline? any credible information i find with proper source like i did before, i will post it for the benefit of the forum readers.
Old 18th May 2006, 14:01   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen
Hey Venkat...
My bro has a MASS here in Faridabad acccording to which the spare parts of baleno aren't that costly as mentioned in your other thread infact its very cheap.....
KP
kpzen it will be great if you can specify how much are the spares cost which you have mentioend is actually "very cheap". Also please mention the MASS name, so that next time i go to MASS in bangalore i can tell those guys why r they charging so much more when its avaiable so cheaply in faridabad.
Old 18th May 2006, 14:10   #128
BHPian

sorry off topic.......
I just wanted to know if any one has the price list of Opel Corsa 1.4 parts...
i tried searching for the Tread but was not able to find it...
Old 18th May 2006, 14:21   #129
ECM
BHPian

Quote:
But the prices and facts about bumper/headlight/taillamp/mirrors is still the same. Atleast i can hope that some other spares prices which are probably internal parts are atleast cheaper which has made ACI to give that report.
I think you do not read what other type for you.I yday replied with FACTS AND FIGURES but again you are singing old song of high prices for parts.Listen man,All MASS has common price tables so its unbelivable to assume what you say that your mass charges more from you.Read my msg which I posted exclusively for you but went unnoticed as uaual for you...read it 100 times with magnifing lens.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Part no.71711-65 G 01-799 front bumper with primer 3200.06+17%(P-H-Taxes)
Part no.71811-60 G 20-799 rear bumper with primer 2800.06+17%(same as above)
MUL stopped color bumpers long back,one needs to paint the bumper as per the color of your car,cost will be maximum 1600Rupees.
Honda's Bumper will cost you 8300+P-H-Taxes,color charges extra.
Check above part no.with ANY dealers/MASS in India and If I quoted wrong prices I shall stop writing here/anywhere.Always comeup with facts and no fictions my dear.I know you have serious prob with your FE in Baleno,May I help you and send an engineer for any help?Let me know.(I know many MUL ppl and I also know that they will come and solve your prob).Send me a priv.msg in that case if you wish.

Last edited by ECM : 18th May 2006 at 14:22.
Old 18th May 2006, 14:30   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECM
I think you do not read what other type for you.I yday replied with FACTS AND FIGURES but again you are singing old song of high prices for parts.Listen man,All MASS has common price tables so its unbelivable to assume what you say that your mass charges more from you.Read my msg which I posted exclusively for you but went unnoticed as uaual for you...read it 100 times with magnifing lens.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MUL stopped color bumpers long back,one needs to paint the bumper as per the color of your car,cost will be maximum 1600Rupees.
Check above part no.with ANY dealers/MASS in India and If I quoted wrong prices I shall stop writing here/anywhere.Always comeup with facts and no fictions my dear.I know you have serious prob with your FE in Baleno,May I help you and send an engineer for any help?Let me know.(I know many MUL ppl and I also know that they will come and solve your prob).Send me a priv.msg in that case if you wish.
ECM you go and read my post 100 times with magnifing lens.

In my 'spare cost' thread whats the prices i have mentioend for baleno
front bumper = 3754
what have you written 3200.06+17%(P-H-Taxes) : actually the tax is 17.32% and not 17%. So if you apply 17.32% on 3200 it will come to 3754.

So what you have written is nothing but same as what i had quote, just in a different format.

Honda city front bumper cost what i have posted 3300, i have also given the all the dealer numbers where the readers can call and confirm the prices.
Old 18th May 2006, 14:35   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECM
Good one ECM, and its a known fact that Venkatrx has an habit of ignoring the facts that contradict his logic or thought. I have by now told him 10 times since yesterday to have a look at ACI's latest issue to make him understand that the Baleno spare parts are indeed the cheapest in its segment but NO, this guy won't do that and will continue the same old poetry of his of Expensive spare parts and low FE of the Baleno.
Old 18th May 2006, 14:39   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Spares using selective data....dude frontbumper/rearbumper/mirrors/headlight/taillamps/mirrors are highly visible parts to a common man which can get damaged in city traffic. so whats selective about this? fine if you think some spare a,b,c are important you could have posted it.
A survey has to cover lots more than these 5 parts, considering the fact that a car has many times that many number of spares. Why did you not add the bonnet, the radiator etc - these could also get damaged in city traffic. And there are auto-mags that do these once in a while. I don't need to waste my time/effort to do this. You did hear about the one in ACI, right ? Go refer that. If you have actually paid 6L+ for the Baleno, and are worried about the spares cost, another 50 or 100 bucks for the magazine is no big deal.

Quote:
2. JD power report 2 years ago....he he....its 2004 report so its just one year prior to most recent 2005 report (2006 report will come after 6 month) And now please see the 2005 report posted by aseem on the same thread, even there the baleno problems were 128 v/s 72 for hondacity.
True. What did it tell you ? What I found from the two reports was that
(1) MUL seemed to have worked on getting issues corrected. Since the number of problems have come down from 169 in 2004 to 128 in 2005.
(2) If you compare the %age of decrease in problems reported, NHC managed a 25% decrease, while Baleno managed a 24.2% decrease. Big deal. And BTW, a report is a report, and when it is from a credible source like JD Power, it is supposed to be genuine. I am in no way saying that they are wrong in saying that the Baleno has more problems per hundred cars than the NHC. What got my goat was your linking those problems to FE.

Quote:
whats next in pipeline? any credible information i find with proper source like i did before, i will post it for the benefit of the forum readers.
Proper source ??? Yeah sure. Like quoting Mr.Rudra's OPtra's FE in a thread discussing Baleno's so-called low FE. Sure, sure. Keep them coming. Let the tbhp-ians get enlightened.
Old 18th May 2006, 14:45   #133
Senior - BHPian

Gentlemen,

I have created a separate thread to post spare prices for various cars here. So if you do not mind, can you post spare part prices on that thread? (Without any discussion over them ) People can come to their own conclusions based on figures presented there.

Thanks!
Old 18th May 2006, 14:47   #134
Senior - BHPian

Nice effort, @RX135. But, do you think it is feasible for us to collate such a large amount of data. Won't it be easier if someone scanned the ACI report and put it up here ? I searched the report on their website, but could not find it. Anyway, I agree with you that this thing is spilling over to other threads. Maybe we could use your thread for the discussions on the spares.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 18th May 2006 at 14:49.
Old 18th May 2006, 14:49   #135
Senior - BHPian

Post whatever is your first hand information. If the information is mammoth, it will take time and contributions from T-BHPians to build it.

If someone scans and puts up spares list from ACI in that thread, it will be great. (But, is it legal though?)

Last edited by RX135 : 18th May 2006 at 14:50.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks