Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2006, 09:20   #31
BHPian

Great you liked it!! What color have you got it booked?

I may not be getting output because I am driving mostly on the rpm band of 1500-2500.
Old 7th August 2006, 09:22   #32
BHPian

Oh Great! prince85 and me on the same page asking Shade!! Well Its good!

Last edited by rohitbagai : 7th August 2006 at 09:28.
Old 7th August 2006, 11:53   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85
Somehow make your dad switch over to the VXI. IMHO, It sure is better value than the LXI. Do let us know about the progress. BTW, which shade of colour have you deceided on????
Higher models are better value for money, normally but do have poor resale than lower-end versions. The extra accessories in top-end versions go for free when reselling the car.
Old 7th August 2006, 12:06   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeis
Higher models are better value for money, normally but do have poor resale than lower-end versions. The extra accessories in top-end versions go for free when reselling the car.
I don't think soo coz i sold my Esteem LX 1997 model car last year for 90k in exchange for my new car but on enquiring the Maruti guys told me that if mine was a VX, i would have got around 20k more. Hope that helps.
Old 7th August 2006, 12:14   #35
BHPian

Quote:
I don't think soo coz i sold my Esteem LX 1997 model car last year for 90k in exchange for my new car but on enquiring the Maruti guys told me that if mine was a VX, i would have got around 20k more. Hope that helps.
I was talking about relativity, man. Of course VX would go for higher value than LX. Are you forgetting that if you would have bought VX instead of LX you would have paid 80-90K extra? You would get merely 20k for your extra 90k in this case.
Old 7th August 2006, 12:45   #36
BHPian

Well...the car is booked....have asked for a Black Esteem...feel its looks grand!!...nd prince...think the upholstry nd interiors are same in both lxi nd vxi...the door trims..etc..etc..nd i would be shiftin the ICE setup from the old car itself...so they mp3 player they provide wil be an extra burden as i have to sell it off.....also..they are giving me remote locking with free the car ...so 30k extra???...can spend it on tires nd alloys right??......
Old 7th August 2006, 12:59   #37
Senior - BHPian

1.30 lacs for 96vx...a terrific price buddy...which dealer is that ??? please check on the new car price with more than one dealer & see it that is not inflated. if it isn't, then u made the right choice...
cheers
Old 7th August 2006, 13:05   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeis
I was talking about relativity, man. Of course VX would go for higher value than LX. Are you forgetting that if you would have bought VX instead of LX you would have paid 80-90K extra? You would get merely 20k for your extra 90k in this case.
The difference between an Esteem LXI and VXI is 30k .
Old 7th August 2006, 13:06   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover
1.30 lacs for 96vx...a terrific price buddy...which dealer is that ??? please check on the new car price with more than one dealer & see it that is not inflated. if it isn't, then u made the right choice...
cheers
These are the new dealers in Mangalore called Bharath cars...well had checked the price outside...they were offerin me 90K....
Old 7th August 2006, 13:18   #40
Tapan

Quote:
Dear Angelfire,
Well i have been using ESteems since 1997. Soo far we have bought around 5 Esteems since then since we use them in the tourist sector. It includes a 2005 October Esteem Vxi. Then there is a 2006 Jan Esteem Vxi which i use for my self. I feel there is a huge difference in performance between the Carb and MPFI Esteems. Rohitbagai, maybe yours is a one off case. But i have very often redlined my Esteem which is 6.5k rpm and not 6k like you say. The top whack that i have managed is 175kmph on the the Mumbai-Pune expressway.
Dude are you sure about this ? 175 kmph in esteem...?????????? There must be some major odo issue in your car. According to Joshi AutoMobiles - Chandigarh's Maruti Dealer, they say that it cannot go beyond 140-150 that also if the road condition is too good they say. OIn normal road condition they say it cannot go beyond 120-130 as it might get too dangerous.

Corsa's top speed claimed by company is 162 kmph. I never got it up more than 155 kmph. Skoda's 1.9 TDI top speed is 182 kmph and never got it up more than 180 kmph. Corsa is much heavier than esteem and still you managed to get it to 185 that needs to get in record books. No offence, but i think you need to get your ODO fixed and re-check it.

Thanks.

Last edited by Tapan : 7th August 2006 at 13:24.

Old 7th August 2006, 13:20   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelfire
Well...the car is booked....have asked for a Black Esteem...feel its looks grand!!...nd prince...think the upholstry nd interiors are same in both lxi nd vxi...the door trims..etc..etc..nd i would be shiftin the ICE setup from the old car itself...so they mp3 player they provide wil be an extra burden as i have to sell it off.....also..they are giving me remote locking with free the car ...so 30k extra???...can spend it on tires nd alloys right??......
I agree that the the ICE is very basic in the Esteem VXI which you can change just like i did.

Door trims and seat upholstery are much superior in the VXI. Just go and check it out first. Seriously, you will know the difference that i am talking about right away. The LXI door trims are same like the LX which are fully cloth with only front power window switches on them. It looks shabby and downmarket

The door pads of the VXI are a class above the LXI(which is plain cloth). Agree you are getting central locking free from the dealer but then in a VXI, it would be factory fitted

. You can ask for some other accessories in place of central locking incase you go in for a VXI. Plus, are you sure you can take manual windows for the rear with the LXI???.

I advised you the VXi coz you have many additional features which can't be added later on like the rear defogger, height adjustable drivers seat, Auto antenna, rear p/w etc, rear centre armrest, better upholstery and door trims.

You can get accessories like Fog lamps, Spoiler, Body coloured OVRM's/door handles later but it won't have that stock feel about it.

You wanna spend on alloys??? You can do it anytime later when you have the dough to spend on it. BTW, Esteem Vxi comes with 175-70-R13 tires whereas the LXI comes with 155-80-R13's.

I suggest you buy the VXi, get the tires changed to another brand of your choice right away since you may have to hardly shell out 2-3k in exchange for the stock tires when new. You can put alloys when in due time later when you have the dough to spend. Hope this post helps in your decision!
Old 7th August 2006, 13:26   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapan
Dude are you sure about this ? 175 kmph in esteem...?????????? There must be some major odo issue in your Thanks.
Correction its not 175kph, its 185 kph! I did in in almost 3 Esteems MPFI's speeds in the range on 180-185kmph on the speedo in goa, belgaum and Mumbai - Pune Expressway. So are you trying to say that all 3 cars had a faulty speedos??? I know its not entirely accuarte like any other cars but it was a speedo indicated 185kph that i have managed in the ESteem. BTW, Maruti claims 165kmph as the true top speed of the Esteem.

Why don't you have a look at our very own T-Bhpian Turbo_C's Photo Gallery where he has done a speedo indicated 170kph on fatter 185-70-R13's Bridgestone Potenza G!!!'s which should be even more difficult considering the fatter tires. Here is the link http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vbpicg...?do=big&p=1324

BTW, the top speed of the Ford Ikon 1.6 mentioned by the company is 170kmph but it easily manages 190kmph on the speedo.

We all know that there is a marginal speedo error against the true speed a car can achieve in every single vehicle. And BTW, these speeds i am talking about have been done on cars that are hardly 6-8months ..

BTW, we are going off topic on this thread. Lets gets back on to it boys

Last edited by prince85 : 7th August 2006 at 13:40.
Old 7th August 2006, 13:41   #43
BHPian

throughly checked nd Quoted 1.10 lac....plus 20k loyalty bonus....so 1.3lac

True value guys always quote less, my M 800 which was 3 years old and done 40,000 KM was in an immaculate condition with only a minor accident,the guys quoted 1.15 Lac, After which i decided to advertise in our DRDO township i got lotsa response and finally sold it for 1.58 Lac. Try it with others used car agencies and never ever put your car for display with those guys.Also try and get an agency which has a good reputation of selling used cars but it might delay the process of selling your car as there will be a wide varities of machines.
Old 7th August 2006, 13:43   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnaturallywired
throughly checked nd Quoted 1.10 lac....plus 20k loyalty bonus....so 1.3lac

True value guys always quote less, my M 800 which was 3 years old and done 40,000 KM was in an immaculate condition with only a minor accident,the guys quoted 1.15 Lac, After which i decided to advertise in our DRDO township i got lotsa response and finally sold it for 1.58 Lac. Try it with others used car agencies and never ever put your car for display with those guys.Also try and get an agency which has a good reputation of selling used cars but it might delay the process of selling your car as there will be a wide varities of machines.
I agree True Value guys normally quote very less for our cars wheb we sell them but they charge a lot more than normal when they resell it to other potential second hand car buyers
Old 7th August 2006, 13:45   #45
Tapan

Hi,

This is not correct. I still say its wrong...if it has a computer outlet then put that in and then take it to the speed you took 3 cars to and then get the exact thing and let us know.

You yourself saying that Maruti says it can go 165 kmph and you took it to 185 ? Did company missed something ?!! Why would a company say that it cannot go beyond 165 when you have taken to 185. The company does so much testing and to get top speed dunno how many tests they have done. The meter you're showing in image is near 165 and is not 170 at all.

I don't agree with you. Delaer and both Maruti's Dealer and Regional Office people have confirmed it.

Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks