Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2006, 15:14   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenh0rn
Hi Guys! For those of you who own or have seen Sonata Embera in various colours...which colour should I go for?
There is a nice Steel Grey (dark grey) color (I do not know the official color) in which the Sonata looks great (even if a bit sombre). Thats the one I liked best.
Old 25th October 2006, 16:10   #77
BHPian

Thanks a lot DCEITE and Steeroid...as I see there's no consensus :P Ok I think i might go in for white since it's the only colour apart from black which needs no second opinion!
Old 25th October 2006, 16:14   #78
Senior - BHPian

its your car man. dont look for consensus. make your choice as it pleases you best. after all you are going to be seeing it everday. cheers
Old 25th October 2006, 18:24   #79
BHPian

White looks the best on the Embra and is also an easy to maintain color...

Rgds
Old 25th October 2006, 19:38   #80
Senior - BHPian

I second esteem_lover's opinion here ,colour and looks are subjective and differ from person to person.
You should be the best judge as far as choosing colour for your car.
Old 26th October 2006, 21:19   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenh0rn
Hi Guys! For those of you who own or have seen Sonata Embera in various colours...which colour should I go for? I am not going for Black! :'( though I read someone suggest a deep pearl blue for Embera somewhere... Is there any other colour you guys prefer?

I would like a colour which makes the car looks classy and elegant more than anything else. No Black please.

Thanks in advance!

Classy and elegant, then IMHO... its gotta be the deep pearl blue! The pearl effect really shimmers in the sun! white is like a bit elderish.... or too sober could say. Black, yea, maintenance is problem and looks very bad if dirty! the blue rocks all the way!

I for one was all set to buy the deep pearl blue color, but then switched the car itself.

@Sam : so what happened dude? have u got the sonata yet or not? go go go!

Last edited by Insane Devil : 26th October 2006 at 21:20.
Old 27th October 2006, 13:09   #82
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil
I'm told they have dropped the price to 11.5L! What's next?
Old 27th October 2006, 14:44   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
I think pretty soon they'll be giving away a Getz free with every Sonata!! Buy one get one free offer you know
Old 27th October 2006, 16:54   #84
Senior - BHPian

I suggest who wanna buy luxury sedans wait for new baleno I heard (not sure about it) it matches corrolla as per intial report but god knows till its launched waiting is worth since if new baleno can't match corolla but other cars in its segment might come up better discounts.

This is only word of mouth, I didn't see/heard any official news.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 27th October 2006, 16:58   #85
Senior - BHPian

Ravibhat, the Embera is one clear segment up on the Corolla, the new Baleno when launched will be one segment lower than the Corolla so not apples to apples IMHO
Old 27th October 2006, 20:42   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
When?
We almost bought this car but Hyundai Motor Plaza weren't offering any discounts so we decided to keep our corolla for some more time till the new one came out. I had gone to the Hyundai showroom just 2 weeks ago.
Cheers
Old 28th October 2006, 01:13   #87
BHPian

pls help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil
Quote:
hey guys ,after lot of negotiations, a hyundai dealership offered me a price tag of Rs. 11.3 lacs Onroad(finance discount excluded) and i was all prepared to buy embera but after few days when i went to their showroom ,i was told that the sales executive who was dealing with me has resigned ... after few rounds of hard talks they told me that they cannot offer me the same discounts cos Hyundai has stopped guving such discounts ... The best they told they could offer me was 12.5 lacs (this all happened in the period of 15 days) ...

I was too annoyed but could do nothing other than teaching them a nice,
hard lesson (i doubt they had ever heard such abusive language) .

Now i am waiting for the month december ,thats when i should be getting the discounts i 've been thinking of ..
But, i am still not sure whether i should be getting the CNG conversion done ... I had a word with an auto journalist (he is a member of the Autocar india magazine) and he strictly recommended me against it!
He said these cars(civic and embera) are complex, luxury cars ,therefore there are more of a chance of me facing problems with the car and as the warranty would be void ,it could burn a hole in my pocket ..

He said he is not against the CNG conversion but it should be done once the warranty of d car is over and from a approved center ..

Now after hearing from one of the top most Auto journalist(guys ,i was told not to disclose the identity ,since the guy very well knows about this website) i am thinking of dropping my idea ..

whats your say ???

Do you guys think the same and suggest me to buy a diesel car or is it worth going for the CNG conversion ?

The problem with the diesel car is that i dont find any of the cars suitable to me ...
1) Skoda octavia 1.9 tdi - Good car but looks dated and very high on maintainance ...

2) elantra - I drove this car last month ,found it very good but the interiors and exteriors put me off ...

I dont think theres any other diesel car in this segment ...
what should i do now ? totally confused
Thanks .
Old 28th October 2006, 03:44   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_78
hey guys ,after lot of negotiations, a hyundai dealership offered me a price tag of Rs. 11.3 lacs Onroad(finance discount excluded) and i was all prepared to buy embera but after few days when i went to their showroom ,i was told that the sales executive who was dealing with me has resigned ... after few rounds of hard talks they told me that they cannot offer me the same discounts cos Hyundai has stopped guving such discounts ... The best they told they could offer me was 12.5 lacs (this all happened in the period of 15 days) ....
Really sorry to hear that Bro... Better luck next time.

Quote:
Now after hearing from one of the top most Auto journalist(guys ,i was told not to disclose the identity ,since the guy very well knows about this website) i am thinking of dropping my idea ..

whats your say ???

Do you guys think the same and suggest me to buy a diesel car or is it worth going for the CNG conversion ?

The problem with the diesel car is that i dont find any of the cars suitable to me ...
1) Skoda octavia 1.9 tdi - Good car but looks dated and very high on maintainance ...

2) elantra - I drove this car last month ,found it very good but the interiors and exteriors put me off ...

I dont think theres any other diesel car in this segment ...
what should i do now ? totally confused
Thanks .

Seriously bro.. This is getting a bit too hilarious... First you wanted to but something between the Sonata / Civic / Corolla and some where in between the Optra which is a very nice car got lost...
and now you want to compare the skoda and elantra....Hmmm

Take my advise... Buy what you like.. You are the one going to drive the car everyday..not us...You will be seeing that baby in your driveway... You have to be satisfied... We can go on and on about the plus and minus points on cars for ever.. At this rate you will never but a vehicle...and we will not stop rambling on the point..

Your budget is around 12L. buy the car u absolutely love...
Forget the CNG like your source has said.. Wait for the free serrvices to get over... Do what u want with the car after that...No Company will refuse the service.. Dude thats where they earn..

And next time a salesman tells you a price pay 10000/- book the car on the spot.. He has to mention the deal to you on the papers... Even if he quits the company management cannot do anything but offer the car at same price... Dont wait..Opportunities dont come often....When they do..Grab them...Sometimes the waiting game can cost you a lot..

No Offence
Godfather
Old 28th October 2006, 10:37   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

But, i am still not sure whether i should be getting the CNG conversion done ... I had a word with an auto journalist (he is a member of the Autocar india magazine) and he strictly recommended me against it!
He said these cars(civic and embera) are complex, luxury cars ,therefore there are more of a chance of me facing problems with the car and as the warranty would be void ,it could burn a hole in my pocket ..

He said he is not against the CNG conversion but it should be done once the warranty of d car is over and from a approved center ..

Quote:
I would like to ask a ques from Iraghava ,danlanan ,supreme baleno and all those who are totally against CNG
Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
@sam, I can clearly see (and understand) your rationale in going the CNG way - saving on maintenance expenses. And going by your daily running, that is quite a huge figure and your thinking is justified.

Coming to your question, apart from performance (which is the first casualty) the other issues I see with this are the following. These are from my experience of converting my old (but reliable, pre-LPG) M800 to LPG. Yours need not necessarily be the same.

1. Reliability ........

Almost everybody at team-bhp was against you converting to cng on a car which is in warranty period,but you were going ga ga over cng and the low running costs beating everything.Now why is it that when these words come from team-bhp you dont like it and when it comes from... it seems like holy words.

Secondly what happened about the cng version sonata by jan 2007
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/302255-post67.html

Regarding the what car query kindly prioritise since even a maruti 800 could fulfil your needs of transporting you around with the least possible fuel.@Godfather in the above post seems to have taken out the words from my mouth and dont want to make my post any longer with the same words.

Kindly take this post in the right spirits and dont feel offended.

Ps: Mods am sorry have to make this such a big post

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 28th October 2006 at 10:54.
Old 28th October 2006, 14:33   #90
Senior - BHPian

Sam you're a funny man when we had advised you to not go in for a CNG you had harped on about costs, efficiency etc. Now that a so-called EXPERT has advised you you change your mind. Anyways like we had recommended earlier cars like the Civic/Embera are complex & are best left without conversions like CNG fitment.

Now that you're not interested in getting a CNG fitment I would recommend you have a look at the Civic/Embera again and redo your math regarding the Running & Fuel costs. Octavia is an option but IMHO it's not really in the league of either the Civic or the Embera. What you can also do is wait till next year for the Diesel Embera to be launched but the date is not confirmed yet & could be a long wait.

As for the price of the Embera I have a friend who's a GM-Marketing for a Hyundai dealer here let me talk to him & see if he can better the offer that's been made to you. Just for my information please tell me which dealer had offered you the price of 11.3L??

And just for the record I do know without your telling me who the person from ACI was. So even if you do or do not mention his name it does not make any difference to us.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks