Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

View Poll Results: Which C2 segment sedan would you choose?
Maruti Ciaz Facelift 40 12.27%
Honda City 79 24.23%
Hyundai Verna 109 33.44%
Toyota Yaris 24 7.36%
Skoda Rapid 30 9.20%
Volkswagen Vento 30 9.20%
Fiat Linea 14 4.29%
Other (please specify in your post) 0 0%
Voters: 326. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18th January 2019, 12:08   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Maruti Ciaz Facelift vs the others

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
I think that is mainly due to the soft suspension Ciaz is having and not because of Maruti improved the fit and finish by leaps and bounds..
Really? Soft suspension and hence less rattles? So a hard suspension equipped car will keep knocking itself and its passengers all over and hence more shakes experienced by the internals of the car and subsequently rattles surfacing earlier than expected?

Quote:
I think they have also applied some factory damping on doors as I did not notice ‘water falling on a hollow door panel’ sound when I washed my cousins Ciaz last weekend
This is something true and is quite evident from the fact that Ciaz does feel silent of all MJD cars from Maruti stable.

I have an example of a Ciaz that has done 70,000 Kms in 3 years. It was sold as the owner upgraded to a Crysta and for sure whenever I have been inside that car, it felt better in terms of NVH and for that matter rattles as well. This car made regular visits to Mangalore through all the ghats that touched the coast (Sampaje, Shiradi, Charmadi, Kuduremukha, Agumbe) and none of these roads were in pristine condition.

Last edited by navin : 21st January 2019 at 12:23. Reason: typo and grammar
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2019, 12:22   #77
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Really? Soft suspension and hence less rattles? So a hard suspension equipped car will keep knocking itself and its passengers all over and hence more shakes experienced by the internals of the car and subsequently rattles surfacing earlier than expected?
Compared to a relatively hard suspension car with almost same fit and finish, a soft suspension car is expected to be having less rattles. That does not mean that a hard suspension car will always rattle, it also depends on the fit and finish. As far as I have experienced, most of the dashboard and plastic panels in the new Honda City are relatively well damped with liners glued to most of the touching points. I have seen them in real as I have done door damping and usual plastic parts damping. But these plastic trims rattle more as Honda has increased the suspension stiffness there by sending more vibrations to the different parts of the car body including the plastic panels.

Note : I don’t have scientific proof for the above statements, this is my analysis and understanding.
pavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2019, 16:58   #78
BHPian

Guys have almost finalised Honda City Vx CVT and I'm getting the following offers on it right now :

1. Free Comprehensive Insurance.
2. Exchange Bonus - 30k
3. Corporate Discount - 8k
4. Free Accessories worth 10k

Now the issue is that should I go with the above or wait for March and see if I can get something more out of it.

Thanks in advance.
luvtandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2019, 17:32   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvtandon View Post
I'm getting the following offers on it right now :

1. Free Comprehensive Insurance.
2. Exchange Bonus - 30k
3. Corporate Discount - 8k
4. Free Accessories worth 10k

Now the issue is that should I go with the above or wait for March and see if I can get something more out of it.
Is this for the 2019 model? If yes, you might wait for March.
Check with your sales guy if any 2018 manufactured model is available? You will get more features and way more discounts than this.

Cheers!
DPetrolHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2019, 20:28   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPetrolHead View Post
Is this for the 2019 model? If yes, you might wait for March.
Check with your sales guy if any 2018 manufactured model is available? You will get more features and way more discounts than this.

Cheers!
Yup this is for the MY19 car, haven't asked the SA yet, will definitely ask for, but do company's offer more discounts in March ?
luvtandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2019, 21:04   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Yup this is for the MY19 car, haven't asked the SA yet, will definitely ask for, but do company's offer more discounts in March ?
First you should definitely check for a 2018 model, even if you have to search for it at various showrooms. And yes, the chance of getting a better discounts in March is more, because of closing of financial year coupled by overall decline in sales of passenger vehicles. So, the discounts will be definitely be same, if not more.

Cheers!
DPetrolHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2019, 21:10   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Guys have almost finalised Honda City Vx CVT .
Canít you postpone your purchase ?
As you might be aware the 5th generation is around the corner.
Reports and rumours say 2020. But then with Honda, you never know.
Say a late 2019 or early 2020 launch, would bother me if I purchase the car now.
greendream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2019, 19:14   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkeerthi View Post
Can someone who owns Ciaz tell me how the car fares in the long term?
We have a Ciaz Zxi+ at home since 2015, it has clocked around 40K kilometers.

If you take my opinion, it's a good city car only and lacks the punch on the highways. The engine gets noisy post 100 kmph and it really feels light.

There are some rattles from the doors, dashboard and from the roof liner (near B-Pillar).

If you like driving, Ciaz is not the car for you!
daf23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2019, 19:59   #84
BHPian

A close friend of mine has a 2 year old Ciaz that's run around 20 thousand kms, and it's already rattling. Nothing major, but there's always some perpetual rattling sounds, regardless of the road conditions. I have my doubts on the Ciaz's build quality.
Aaron:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2019, 18:11   #85
BHPian

Stuck in the same mess. Have a 2010 City that I need to replace. Already have a Hexa and Octavia for major work and a Brio for the market trips, so this is a backup car really, for trips with the dogs and to fill in if the others are out. Don't want to spend much more than 13-14L - which is making this a tough choice. It'll largely be a chauffeur-driven car, but I would like an automatic (in case wife needs to drive) and don't want to compromise on safety.

From all I've read and seen, the City is not something I'm keen on, specially given my experience with my old (outgoing) City. Plus the CVT is absolutely horrid, going by my experience driving a Jazz. Acceleration is atrocious and makes me feel lifeless while driving. Wife is keen on Ciaz, but somehow I am very uneasy about it's poor power level and the fact that every MS car I've seen has rattles soon after purchase. In Mumbai suburbs, so the roads aren't kind and the driver is hardly as careful as I'd like.

Would have gone for the Rapid given the joy the Octavia has given me, but the 1.5 TSI seems a proper 'mare. Even the salesman told me that for a petrol, the Vento would be better - but VW service is something I really want to avoid.

Is the Verna actually a decent vehicle? I'm big on safety and joy of driving - and Hyundai has always made me uneasy. Also, the Hyundai ATs I've driven (rentals) have always seemed horribly jerky and ineffective (drove an i30 in Aus and TDed i10 and i20 a couple of times). Not TDed the Verna - and don't plan to since the feedback seems to be that the AT continues to be poor on Hyundais (my standard is high, given the DSG on the Octavia).
imidnightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2019, 19:23   #86
BANNED

Voted for the Verna! A great list of features, good set of engines (bye bye Ciaz!) with a VFM price tag (City and Yaris are overpriced) with decent reliability and A.S.S (VW-Skoda ). Does not fully succeed in a particular area but does all things generally well. The only real downside is the rear space, but I am satisfied with it. Not outright cramped like the Polo
balderash_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2019, 11:12   #87
BHPian

Have a similar view with a few others here on Ciaz. The rattles bother me.

I own a 1 year old Ciaz S Diesel. Love the car for the silent, smooth and comfortable drive. Of-course the space was a major draw when I finalized it last year.
After spending more than a year with it, it still is better than a majority of the competition in the above parameters.

But i hate those rattles. They all seem to come from the dashboard, but cannot put a finger on where exactly.
aneezan is offline   Reply With Quote