View Poll Results: Which one?
Octavia 112 20.74%
Superb 428 79.26%
Voters: 540. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2021, 03:47   #76
BHPian

Re: Same Price | Skoda Octavia L&K vs Skoda Superb Sportline

Dsinz, Congratulations on the new Superb. Wishing you happy and trouble-free ownership experience. The car in white looks too good with the black contrast alloy wheels.
Coming to the question many Bhpians are interested, Did you get any discounts? Assuming you purchased in Bangalore as per your Team bhp handle location.
nikhil_pon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2021, 06:15   #77
BHPian

Yes around ~3.5 Lakhs discount with Skoda Drive Assure Elite.
Old 4th August 2021, 19:24   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Voted for the Superb Sportline. If the choice was between an Octavia Sportline v/s Superb the option would have been different. Size-wise I would say the Octavia is perfect – not small, and not too big. But with the beige interiors it looks way too boring and I prefer the all-black cabin of the bigger sibling (or the brown in the L&K Superb).
Spot on. This is what I'd like to do to the Octavia if I were a product manager that can get things done:
  1. Sportline in all black trim on the exterior (including the grill border), just like the Superb Sportline trim
  2. All black on the interior too with Superb sportline style seats (the ones with integrated head rests)
  3. Give the option of DSG AND 6-speed manual for petrol heads like us to choose
  4. Get rid of those 'touchy, slidy' touch sensitive gimmicks and install rotary dials for ACs, etc
  5. Give that semi-black/Anthracite alloy wheels that's in Superb Sportline
If he likes the above bullets, the Superb Sportline will be the preferred choice if I were in his shoes. The Superb Sportline is what I will pick -- in fact, I'm currently in the same dilemma and leaning towards the Superb Sportline.
gigatech2006 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2021, 13:06   #79

This thread hits the nail on its head and really informative to understand all the PoVs here. I am also in the exact same dilemma right now. The two features I would miss the most in sportline would be TPMS and the 360 degree camera for such a big car. Might wait for discounts on octavia l&k before making any decision.
Old 27th August 2021, 16:30   #80

I went to the Skoda showroom at Mathura Road, Delhi to decode the dilemma between New Octavia or the Superb couple of weeks back.

First thing first, Superb Sportsline greets you as soon you enter the showroom. (Pics attached). Astonishingly, the New Octavia is nowhere to be seen!

I asked him TD for both in order to distinguish between the two. Having read my darting eyes he said we do have Octavia for TD. The showroom had plenty of Kushaqs and Superbs on display but Octavia was standing outside next to Superb for TD. This does tell what Skodas are probably pushing for.

Coming to the element....

First took TD of Superb L&K. It is a very statesmanlike car with it's sheer palatial elegance. While sitting in the driver's seat and looking back, my eyes had to travel some distance before they reached the back seat! Thank God for the 3 spoke steering wheel and proper gear knob(all of which is missing in the new Octavia, leave aside the sunroof).

On the drive, one does feel the weight of the car a bit which to me is confidence-inspiring, coupled with 2.0 TSI puts a wide grin on your face. Put in on Sports mode, and the tacho refuses to bulge below 2000 rpm. You will be surprised how fast this car can go given its weight and wide dimensions. She carries them really well. The throwback I experienced was out of the world, I felt like the car was receding from me and that engine note was a pure adrenaline rush. Moreover, it never felt like driving such a long car. The road I took didn't have many curves so couldn't push around corners but I did maneuver in smaller sub lanes and parked the car myself at the dealer in a tight spot to see if it is too much of a task, pleasingly not.

Octavia on the other hand greets you with modern-day tech but it didn't feel special the way Superb does. The co-passenger or the seats at the back isn't much far if I compared to the 4th gen Honda City I currently drive. The missing gear knob isn't very satisfying to operate. Driving-wise, it is surely more agile, feels very tight, and has more steering feedback as compared to Superb but failed to impress me as an overall package.

For a difference of 5 Lakhs, one could get Superb over Octavia that has a better road presence, is powerful enough to my liking, and can easily switch from statesman to the beast when you want her to be. The next generation Superb will surely get a drive-by-wire and maybe the two-spoke steering wheel as well . The present one looks very elegant, going by the new design language of Skoda it might not be as understated but this is obviously very subjective.

P.S I have no plans to upgrade from the City which is just 2 years old. However Octavia/Superb has been aspirational cars and so if I were to upgrade, it did be Superb Sportsline with enough discounts to get it closer to Octavia pricing.Lol
Attached Thumbnails
Same Price | Skoda Octavia L&K vs Skoda Superb Sportline-img_4280.jpg  

Same Price | Skoda Octavia L&K vs Skoda Superb Sportline-img_4281.jpg  

CarKid@40 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 18:41   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarKid@40 View Post
I went ... Thank God for the 3 spoke steering wheel and proper gear knob(all of which is missing in the new Octavia, leave aside the sunroof).

On the ...Lol
Thanks for the comparison. Quick question, did you see the Superb L&K with a 3 spoke steering wheel? That's probably an MY20 version. If I remember right, the 2021 superb has the same 2 spoke steering wheel for L&K and the 3 spoke, flat-bottomed one for the sportline.

I believe the 2021 L&K Superb also has automatic parking, which isn't there in the SportLine. Not sure if the 2020 superb L&K had it.
DDiSLover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 19:44   #82

Yes correct, I drove a 2020 L&K. While the 2021 L&K gets two spokes but cheerfully the Sportsline still retains flat bottom 3 spokes. I personally loved Sportsline over L&K because of the character it portrays with that blacked-out grill and smoked alloys. It does miss out on electronics like automatic parking, or creature comforts like ventilated seats but even in today's time when the competition has moved to cabin, I give less weightage to creature comforts.
CarKid@40 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2022, 13:55   #83
Senior - BHPian

Not sure if this is the right thread, but this also a comparison between a C & D segment sedans from the VW stable.

Laura TSI vs Passat 2.0 TDI - Driving Dynamics

I recently bought a pre-owned Passat B8 and now I have cars from the VW stable across B (Polo GT TSI) / C ( Laura TSI) / D ( Passat B8).

I have driven the Superb 1.8 TSI extensively and I expected similar dynamics. But when I drove the Passat TDI, I realised this is an entirely different beast. I was floored by 350Nm of pure torque that lugs this luxo- barge. But the delivery of those torques are very linear and they don't create a seat of the pants feel. It justs pulls the car forward and everything in rear view mirror becomes distant. All this without any drama and without engaging the sports mode. God knows how it will behave in "S". Also as a luxo-barge, you have to be respectful of its length and width and hence you can't chuck it into the corner. But it goes straight and it goes Fast!

My Laura TSI is 9.5 Years old, 72k on odo, bone stock with an upgraded suspension system. While certain panels creak due to the age, it is rock solid over rough ground or bad roads ( which are aplenty in Mumbai). You press the throttle and the car is super eager to jump and unleash its 250 Nm. May be because of its size and weight ( Laura is heavier than Octy MkIII and MkIV), Laura is much more enjoyable to drive than the Passat.

Bottomline - Laura is super fun to drive if you are in the driver's seat. The Manual Transmission is an icing on the cake. But Passat is the car if you are being driven around.
MileCruncher is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks