Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2015, 00:02   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car for Super Tall Men

I am 6' 2" tall and the cars I find comfortable for tall driver are:
Hatch - Wagon R, Swift
Sedan - SX4
SUV/ MUV: Ertiga (best choice), Scorpio

I find Maruti particularly good for tall drivers with the seat quality, height and seat travel. I would have gone for Swift instead of Getz if it had more space for my family. I am managing in my Getz by adding extra foam and using an extra cushion.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 20th March 2015 at 00:03.
Old 24th March 2015, 21:28   #92
BHPian

Update - tried the Ertiga and found the central console a serious hindrance to my left leg. Seating as recommended above cannot be faulted though.
Old 24th March 2015, 21:32   #93
BHPian

Try Ritz. Seating position in Ritz should be more apt for tall persons.
speedgun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2016, 21:40   #94

I am 6ft 2in but not too big at 65kg. I have had a Swift VDI since 2008 and clocked 89k. Given sporadic pain in the tail of my spine and left knee, looking at options, preferably south of 10L.

I test drove the following - primarily automatics with a view to giving my left leg rest but have not been able to make a decision

1. Ecosport AT - No room behind me after adjusting the driver's seat to the maximum legroom position
2. New Figo AT - Narrow car, did not seem to be suited for 5 passengers
3. Vento TSI - Absolutely loved this car. Left leg was able to rest on the seat due to the lack of a clutch but not too sure about the low seating
4. Ciaz AT - Very good in terms of space but the AT is not fun to drive at all
5. Baleno CVT - Not fun to drive
6. Baleno Petrol MT - With the seat height adjustment and light clutch seemed to be a good option

My preference would be grey/ black interiors and at least reasonably fun, if not a hoot, to drive.

Would be great to hear from the experts.

Thanks!
Old 26th March 2016, 23:17   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishna_kt View Post

My preference would be grey/ black interiors and at least reasonably fun, if not a hoot, to drive.

Would be great to hear from the experts.

Thanks!
I think you should try the Jazz V CVT. You may need to put black seat covers but the seating position is spot on for tall folks as am myself 6'2". It's a reasonably good performer with ample space for 5 and their luggage.
Old 27th March 2016, 18:30   #96

Thanks. I did try the Jazz both in CVT as well as MT options. I drivers seat is restricted from traveling way to the back. Hence, I feel leg room is restricted for a 6ft+ driver. Since, I was at Honda, tried the City - legroom was better, but not a big fan of the current version.
Old 27th March 2016, 19:34   #97
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Krishna.
Im 6 ft 2 inches tall too, with long legs. Am also very big built and nowadays, quite fat. 100Kgs.

I fit beautifully in my Dad's I20. I fitted very comfortably in his old Indica V2.

Every time I use a cab service, I realise how absolutely comfortable the following cars are;
1. Swift Dzire both old and new
2. Renault Logan/ Mahindra Verito
3. Toyota Etios - this is simply superb.

Other cars I can suggest to you are the petrol versions of Nissan Sunny, Renault Scala.

All of which should meet your requirement of below 10 Lac.

But seriously, all things considered, the best of the above mentioned, to me, are
A: Toyota Etios
B: Renault Scala/ Nissan Sunny.
Old 3rd April 2016, 14:06   #98

Thanks Shankar.

Have pretty much tried all options in the sub 12L bracket and finally decided to go with the new Baleno. It meets a lot of my criteria.

I actually booked it a while ago and should get it in the next couple of weeks.

Cheers!
Old 26th August 2017, 21:17   #99
BHPian

I'm 6' 2" with long legs. I've been using a Swift for the past 3 years. While somewhat manageable for short drives, the driving position quickly becomes uncomfortable for drives lasting longer than an hour - the lack of legroom and the lack of a telescoping steering complicate matters.

I'm now looking at AT cars in the 10 - 15L bracket which are atleast reasonably fun to drive. Finding a car with a good driving position (while leaving reasonable legroom for rear passengers) has been a challenge.

Hyundai cars (Creta and the new Verna) for some reason omit a telescoping steering wheel which greatly reduces driving comfort levels. In an Ecosport, my driving position leaves almost no legroom for the passenger behind me. While the Vento is comfortable, I've ruled it out for various reasons.

Any suggestions on cars that will "fit" people like me would be much appreciated.

I'm open to looking at used cars in a segment above if they offer better seating.
Old 27th August 2017, 01:22   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaqa View Post

Any suggestions on cars that will "fit" people like me would be much appreciated.

I'm open to looking at used cars in a segment above if they offer better seating.
I have a similar body structure and this was a major criteria for me when I was in the market 2 years ago. Though my budget was around 10L only and EcoSport was a top contenders for my requirements but the leg room left with my seating position was a deal breaker. Regarding AT cars the City and the Jazz have excess leg room which should prove to be enough even with your seating position. I test drove both the cars at that time but had my head touching the room in the sunroof equipped 4th gen city. Legroom in both the cars is sufficient and you can possibly fit two six footers one behind the another.

For a 10-15L lakh budget the Honda City is a no brainer with the AT in mind. Do check out both the VX/ZX and the V to see if you are comfortable with the head room. If you don't mind the hatch then the new Jazz Platinum edition with the Digipad system is also a good buy though at 8.42 lakhs for the CVT it does seem a bit expensive. None the less am fully satisfied with the jazz and don't get tired even on long hauls. My cousin recently got the CVT and he too is happy with the car in the city though finds it wanting on the highway. So I feel the City should be your first choice and the jazz can be a backup. Hope this helps.
ToyotaFan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2019, 14:33   #101
BHPian

Hi,

I looking for an advice from experts.
I currently own a 2011 scoprio and intend to change as I have been coming across a lot of niggling issues now. My requirements:

1. Budget < 15 Lakhs
2. Fuel Type: Diesel
3. Mileage: would be happy if it gives in a highway mileage of 20KM/LTR
4. No. of Passengers: Mostly me alone as my family stays in a different city
5. Monthly usage: 2500 KM
6. Highway usage: Would need to do Mumbai Pune once in a week
7. Safety: Airbag, ABS
8. Entertainment: touch screen audio screen Apple / Android play would be great to have
9. Max car holding duration: 3 years (I expect to shift out of the city by then)
10. Posture: The most important criteria: I am 6 feet tall / weight 100KG! and would need a car which can provide a comfortable posture for long drives. I can drive my scorpio comfortably from Mumbai to Bangalore, but I get a back ache in my wifes Celerio when travel from Marathahalli to white field!
11. Transmission type: Manual

I am willing to stretch my budget little to find a car which can meet my expectations.

The models which I have shortlisted based on team-bhp reviews are:
1.WR-V
2.Ciaz
3.Creta
I intend to go in for test drive for these models over the weekend. Incase if you have any other suggestion pls advice. I did not choose the below models as they are expected to go through a major make over
1.Verna
2.City
Did not choose tata, as I am yet to come over with my experience of Indica V2.

Your suggestions would be highly appreciated.
Old 8th February 2019, 15:13   #102
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SU-30MKI View Post
Hi,

I looking for an advice from experts.
I currently own a 2011 scoprio and intend to change as I have been coming across a lot of niggling issues now. My requirements:
Why not a Duster? I'm not quite sure how comfortable sedans would be, so Ciaz?
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2019, 20:53   #103
BHPian

Thank you for the comment.

Dusters sales nos have been pathetic, as per me it could mean only 2 things : it will go in for a major make over or the model might be discontinued.

I did a test drive of ciaz and s cross. My take: ciaz sitting posture is not suitable for a person of my build. S Cross was better than ciaz, but no where near WR-V. Certa was slightly better than WR-V, but then it’s a different class. I think I might settle for WRV as it meets most of my requirements except apple / android play.
Old 9th February 2019, 00:40   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for the comment.

Dusters sales nos have been pathetic, as per me it could mean only 2 things : it will go in for a major make over or the model might be discontinued.

I did a test drive of ciaz and s cross. My take: ciaz sitting posture is not suitable for a person of my build. S Cross was better than ciaz, but no where near WR-V. Certa was slightly better than WR-V, but then it’s a different class. I think I might settle for WRV as it meets most of my requirements except apple / android play.
Don't settle for the WR-V if you have are getting forced to compromise on anything. You should give the Creta 1.4 E+ diesel a try. It is cheaper (relatively) to buy and you will be able to add many accessories from outside at a very reasonable cost to upgrade it. Other than the Cruise Control, I believe everything else is an easy fit. One TBHPian has fitted that as well but I don't recommend playing with that until done by experts.

You could try the Ertiga as well but that would be quite a boring car to drive and too big for your seating requirements. I found Zest to be very comfortable in this aspect but you aren't considering a TATA. You might consider the Etios diesel if you are ok with bland interiors. Super comfortable with acres of legroom and boot.

Last edited by sunilch : 9th February 2019 at 00:45.
sunilch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2019, 01:17   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Certa was slightly better than WR-V, but then it’s a different class. I think I might settle for WRV as it meets most of my requirements except apple / android play.
Why settle for WRV when Creta is well under your budget? You have mentioned a budget of <15 lakhs. The S 1.4 diesel is easily under your budget. If you can stretch a little a little go for the SX 1.6 diesel for the extra comfort, convenience and ofcourse the amazing 1.6 L motor for its power and refinement.

Cheers!
DPetrolHead is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks