Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2008, 14:52   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
SX4's seating position is horrid. I hated the test drive :(. In the sedans, the best seats are in the optra. The best driving position is hands down the cedia... nothing comes remotely close. Oh yes I'm 6'2''. Safari is sweet in comfort but manouvering it in city traffic on a daily basis will be a nightmare. Plus there are the tata reliability issues.
come on bro sx4 seating is great,yeah it may not be as confortable as other sedans , but its not that bad that your back will start paining plus it is the only sedan to have such a high seating position it feels just like an suv.
Old 22nd January 2008, 18:07   #47
BHPian

The new Grande would be perfect for your height. Take it for a test drive,you'll thank me when you buy it.
Old 25th January 2008, 14:04   #48
BHPian

I personally checked and took a test ride of NHC (v-tec) last week and found the headroom very less. I am not as tall as the person in question but the sitting position is not very good and comfortable. Apart from that legroom is also not adequate like we have in SX4 or Safari.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
For your requirements, i would suggest you the NHC, its a fantastic car and fits your requirement to a T, also the headroom is very good and you should not have issues with your back at all. The car is very comfortable, however power for the highways is just adequate, strech to the Vtec variant if possible.

In the SX4/Swift you wont have any problems at all with your head, i can assure you
Old 6th March 2008, 23:18   #49

searching for another car after my 1981mazda 323 gave up i went around a lot of second hand car dealers and tried a lot of cars but when i went with the family,alot of the cars did not fit us.Me beeng 6ft3in my daughter beeing over 6 ft ,and my other daughter a little under 6ft and my normal sized wife .The only car we coul fit in comfortably was a tata safari with leg room to spare and my shortest daughter even having space for a leg over
safari for space

jeremy
Old 12th March 2008, 18:44   #50
BHPian

Toyota Innova

Jeremy,

Wow!! Those are the heights of heights!! And I thought I had a tall family :-)

I recommend you check out the Innova as well. I know there are a lot of Safari fans in this forum, but my personal preferance has been Innova. I am going for it.

Good Luck.
Old 12th March 2008, 18:48   #51
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GentleGiant View Post
Jeremy,

Wow!! Those are the heights of heights!! And I thought I had a tall family :-)

I recommend you check out the Innova as well. I know there are a lot of Safari fans in this forum, but my personal preferance has been Innova. I am going for it.

Good Luck.
good choice. unfortunately jeremy is in malta so i dont think the innova is available there.
Old 13th March 2008, 10:28   #52
Senior - BHPian

Good choice man,innova is a good vehicle,Pete's could be an option too in the future.
Mods please close the thread as he has already taken a decision.
ram
Old 14th March 2008, 13:02   #53

Height is something you cant control but at least I can reach up to the top to wash!!!!!!!!!
Old 28th March 2008, 22:57   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrnsss View Post
Sir,

On the other hand if you want a car that can seat just you comfortably, I would suggest buying a Palio / Swift / getz and taking it to koyas and getting the front seat mount relocated by 2-3 inches.
Can the same be done in Bangalore? I am 6 2 tall and I need some more leg space in getz.
Old 29th March 2008, 10:07   #55
BHPian

just my 2 bits
World's tallest man drives a Chevy
Tacuma modified to fit
link to full story --->World's tallest man drives a Chevy
Old 29th March 2008, 10:42   #56
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Can the same be done in Bangalore? I am 6 2 tall and I need some more leg space in getz.
You can have the mounts extended on any car! However, do keep in mind that rear bench space will be seriously affected.
Old 9th April 2008, 19:29   #57
BHPian

Corolla for a tall guy

In my earlier post, I had mentioned that I am inclined towards the Innova. However, I have had second thoughts galore for the following reasons:

1. Parking: My apartment is just like any others, there are pillars everywhere. Besides, the approach to my parking slot is not straight forward. When I tried to park the TD vehicle, I was able to barely manage with the help of two "assistants" in ten minutes. I am sure this is going to be something that I may overcome, but I am concerned.

2. Sedan over MUV: Should I have the option, I would go for a sedan anyday. For my use (corporate/family/city driving for 90% of the time), I dont think that I NEED a large vehicle.

So, the BUY decision on Innova (which is still alive and kicking) seems to be coming out of lack of options rather than me developing a liking for the vehicle. By saying this, I dont mean to say that the vehicle isn't good. It is a GREAT VEHICLE for somebody whose requirement it suits. It isn't suiting mine perfectly.

However, after reading a few posts on this forum, I decided to TD a few options before I take the plunge (into an Innova). The Innova dealer who I am "involved with" these days didnt want to loose me and when I said I was looking at sedan options, he readily sent me a Corolla for a TD.

I cannot get technical as some of you folks do on my TD experience but from an absolutely lay person (who has not driven ANY sedan other than on TDs) point of view, here is what I liked and disliked:

Liked:

1. The cabin comfort was amazing. It was silent and the climate control seemed to know what my preference was. The seats came as a big surprise. It just didnt bother my back, which is a BIG DEAL considering that my back has a mind of its own.

2. The acceleration and breaking seemed alright to me.

Disliked/Issue:

I would have bought this car had my left leg didnt get stuck for room between the steering column and the instrument cluster that goes down to the floor/gear shift. Its not an issue with the car but its with me being tall.

I now am looking to TD a few other sedans to see if one of them compells me to buy it. The options I have in my mind are:

1. Cedia;
2. Optra Magnum;
3. SX4;
5. Elantra;
6. Octavia

It would help if somebody who understands my predicament gives me inputs that might help me in my decision.
Old 3rd June 2008, 14:23   #58
BHPian

I am delighted to let you know that after thorough research and consideration I have finally been able to make up my mind and buy a SILVER TOYOTA INNOVA V.

I took delivery of the vehicle on the 30th of May from Dobro Toyota and I must say that I am thoroughly satisfied from what I got to see in these first four days of driving it.

I would like to thank Avinash and Basu Tirthankar for lending their insight that helped me decide on this vehicle.

Cheers!!
Old 3rd June 2008, 16:28   #59
Team-BHP Support

Congrats.

What about the parking ?
Old 3rd June 2008, 17:04   #60
BHPian

I was having similar problem.
Am 6'3, after considering many hatches, i settled for Getz, could have taken Fiat too but i didnt hear good things about the tata service center near my home.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks