Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2008, 08:35   #16

@skywalker
I feel among the two 'City' is the best. After driving Palio for so long marutis ugly looking dezire is a big NO NO..( thats my view)
If you can wait for Linea..which I heard is coming in july..NHC might find a worthy competior
Old 9th April 2008, 08:35   #17
Senior - BHPian

Go for the City Gxi .. It's your best bet - Its a good car, very good FE & Best resale among all cars.

I think it now comes with Alloya also !!
Old 9th April 2008, 09:00   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Go for the City Gxi .. It's your best bet - Its a good car, very good FE & Best resale among all cars.

I think it now comes with Alloya also !!
Yes it does - 14" alloys are part of Gxi. As part of the package I will get 25K corporare discount, sunfilm, reverse parking sensor & some freebies like ipod connector, pillows, a pouch etc.

I asked about upgrading to 15" alloys and he told me that would lose the warranty on suspension. strange!
Old 9th April 2008, 09:15   #19
Senior - BHPian

Based on recent comments my suggestion either NHC or Cedia.

Cedia beats NHC very easily since its one level up and truely driver's car. It comes with fully loaded too for really less price. You can cross 130kmph easily in this cruiser. Its performance sedan.

On the other hand NHC If we drive decent with 80kmph speed its good sedan because it gives best FE, excellant resale value as of now and very well refined. Its economy sedan.

Please remember onething NHC body is thin and dents very fast like Maruti cars because its built to give best FE with aerodynamic style. On the other hand Cedia has good musle with great power.

Check out seating position in Cedia make sure you like it same applies for NHC too. I found NHC has better seating position.

Innova would be too big for your requirement I do agree that.

Regards,

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 9th April 2008 at 09:18.
Old 9th April 2008, 09:23   #20
Senior - BHPian

The City is a good choice here (good city car, decent on highways, good interiors, etc etc), if you ignore just one factor - safety. Some 10 years ago, when not many knew about ABS, airbags, it was OK to have cars with just seatbelts as safety features. Not any more. When today hatches come with these features, it is not excusable for a sedan costing 8L not to have these even as options.

And if you are going for the Dzire-D, which seems like a decent choice for your needs (has a boot and pretty cavernous at that, diesel frugality, better city drivability, A.S.S. etc etc), why did you opt for the Vdi and not the Zdi, which you can not only afford, but which I guess is the one with the airbags/ABS etc ? If Dzire, go for the ZDi.

I appreciate the way you have gone about the selection process - no importance given to snob value (what snob value anyway in the lower end of the spectrum), understanding driving/parking issues and thus not going for big cars (Innova), which you would anyway not be able to use fully.

You rejected the SX4 for interiors. Is the Dzire better than the Sx4 in interiors ?

And this is a perfect example of bunking the myth propogated by some on the forum that Honda buyers will not even look at the Dzire.
Old 9th April 2008, 10:05   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
When today hatches come with these features, it is not excusable for a sedan costing 8L not to have these even as options.
I do agree. i guess only Aveo,SX4,Dezire & Optra comes with full options in 10L cars. Kudos to Maruti & GM on this.

Quote:
why did you opt for the Vdi and not the Zdi, which you can not only afford, but which I guess is the one with the airbags/ABS etc ? If Dzire, go for the ZDi.
the trouble with Zdi is waiting period. I have some good connections in Maruti corporate sales/dealer and i am kind of assured a Vdi in 2-3 weeks max (and in 1 week hopefully). however they say Zdi might take longer - maybe even 2 months - beats me why! I will keep trying once i decide, and If i get the Zdi in <1month i would definitely buy it.

Quote:
You rejected the SX4 for interiors. Is the Dzire better than the Sx4 in interiors ?
No - it was effectively the same. But you tend to be a little lenient when you pay 2L less . anyway interiors was just one issue - two bigger issues were: (1) i felt i need to downshift more between 2/3 in city traffic in SX4 (2) poor FE - while it wont directly affect me, i am worried it would affect the resale in the long run - even for a Maruti.
Old 9th April 2008, 10:27   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker
the trouble with Zdi is waiting period. I will keep trying once i decide, and If i get the Zdi in <1month i would definitely buy it.
Hmm. So like the SX4, the top variant seems to be in demand for the Dzire also. Which seems odd because there are not many takers for the Swift-Zxi. Anyway, if you decide on the Dzire, IMO you should take the ZDi, even if it means waiting a bit. After all, it is about your and your loved ones safety.

Quote:
No - it was effectively the same. But you tend to be a little lenient when you pay 2L less .
True. After posting, it did strike me, but it was too late to edit. Yes, if you are paying 2L more, you would definitely expect better.

Missed your questions in the first post :

Quote:
Questions:
Assuming my car usage (small family,most driven alone) does it make sense to pay extra for the Honda?

1. If City is replaced this Nov, how badly will it affect spares / service / resale?
2. How bad is the GC problem, and assuming it hits speedbreakers every once in a while, would it affect the car badly?
3. Noise levels of the Dezire was ok, would it deteriorate over the years (Swift D owners)?
4. I keep hearing bad things about Maruthi build quality & rattles. Is is really that bad or a mere hype? (swift/sx4 owners)?
While the Honda definitely is overpriced, you could still buy it for the better quality, city driveability, interiors etc. I see lack of safety features as the only con.

1. No idea about resale. But spares/service should not be an issue, given that OHC owners are having no issue with the same.
2. GC issue is definitely bad esp. in Blore. Though it is not really the car's fault, but improper humps on the road.
3. No idea about diesels - prefer petrol anyday.
4. No idea about SX4, but see Swift owners reporting rattles on the forum and also read that this has been fixed in later versions. We have a 2007 Swift and there is no rattle at all.
Old 9th April 2008, 10:40   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
2. GC issue is definitely bad esp. in Blore. Though it is not really the car's fault, but improper humps on the road.
The sales guy took some time to show me, where it hits the speed breakers and told it it would be a non issue as Honda has "strengthened it" - salesmen will be salesmen! There are about 15 speedbreakers i face one way and new one keeps sprouting up.

My real question is: Assuming i drive slow around them and even then it bottoms out - would it have any long term impacts on the cars health?
Old 9th April 2008, 10:49   #24
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Skywalker, I would suggest you wait for the N'NHC (i.e. *New* New Honda City ) that is just around the corner. A Honda City fits your requirements to the T, while a freshly launched car always feels special to own.
Old 9th April 2008, 10:57   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Skywalker, I would suggest you wait for the N'NHC (i.e. *New* New Honda City ) that is just around the corner. A Honda City fits your requirements to the T, while a freshly launched car always feels special to own.
Around the corner? I would think it will be atleast 6 months away.
Haven't even seen any spy pics yet.
Old 9th April 2008, 11:01   #26
Senior - BHPian

the d'zire VDi - shouldnt it have an ABS option like the Swift VDi?

The cedia- good fit- has the necessary safety features (ABS and Airbags) and you can get a dual fuel version for about 8.6 Ex showroom.
HM and mitsu are working on a war footing in increasing their market share and customer satisfaction.
The gear ratio's are tall and support the traffic and highway driving, and the overall fit & Finish is great.

Do TD the thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Around the corner? I would think it will be atleast 6 months away.
Haven't even seen any spy pics yet.
i had read somewhere else on the forum that the thing is expected mid to late 2009???

Last edited by madan80 : 9th April 2008 at 11:03.
Old 9th April 2008, 11:05   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Assuming i drive slow around them and even then it bottoms out - would it have any long term impacts on the cars health?
This is one question that is tough to answer. My Baleno scrapes some breakers when I have 4-5 people in the car. After the first couple of scrapes, I used to get under the car to see the damage, but could not make out any visual damage. I could not even identify where it exactly scraped. Maybe if we jack up the car on a ramp, we might know exact details of damage caused.
Old 9th April 2008, 11:13   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
My biggest open issue is this one - Is there anywhere i can read about NNHC and compare it with er... ONHC (how about RNHC? - Really NHC ). I have heard in this forum that it is in Oct - but as a rumor. Honda salesman denies there's one in pipleline - but then i would expect him to!

One good thing about the wait tho is that i can check out Linea meanwhile - Bad thing would be SX4 Diesel might launch in Dec - another rumor!

I have been waiting for a Nikon D80 successor in March based on rumors - none came!
Old 9th April 2008, 11:26   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post
the d'zire VDi - shouldn't it have an ABS option like the Swift VDi?
no such option in Dezire. But then Zdi is there - which has all that and more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post
The cedia- good fit. HM and mitsu are working on a war footing in increasing their market share and customer satisfaction.
The gear ratio's are tall and support the traffic and highway driving, and the overall fit & Finish is great.

Do TD the thing.
from what i have read so far from the ownership experiences in this forum - i might be hooked if i TD the Cedia. I guess i will bite the bullet and go for a TD after all. The real trouble would be convincing my wife - how would you sell Mitsu to someone who doesnt even care about EVO?
Old 9th April 2008, 11:50   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
no such option in Dezire. But then Zdi is there - which has all that and more.

from what i have read so far from the ownership experiences in this forum - i might be hooked if i TD the Cedia. I guess i will bite the bullet and go for a TD after all. The real trouble would be convincing my wife - how would you sell Mitsu to someone who doesnt even care about EVO?
Tell your wife you get a diamond ring free with the Cedia! cheers:

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks