Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2008, 11:48   #91
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

OT!

> FE for me - in Cochin - is 9 in the city and about 12.5 to 13 on the
> highway.

I presume that is with AC on. I get similar figures if I use it exclusively in Alleppey town area. If is is used for other than town use, 13.5 is easy and more if I try to eke out mileage!

Mine is carbon bronze. What colour is yours?

It is excellent in bumper to bumper to traffic, as good in highways and in my recent Munnar trip, excellent in mountain roads too. Downhills, the lower gears alone don't give enough engine braking as in regular automatics, but a slight foot on the brake pedal combined with a shift to S does the job of bringing down speed beautifully.
Old 6th May 2008, 12:31   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I presume that is with AC on. I get similar figures if I use it exclusively in Alleppey town area. If is is used for other than town use, 13.5 is easy and more if I try to eke out mileage!
@trrk - yes the FE I mentioned is with the A/c on always.

Quote:
Mine is carbon bronze. What colour is yours?
New warm silver (actually I think it is more golden than silver) - done a little over 20,000 kms.

Quote:
Downhills, the lower gears alone don't give enough engine braking as in regular automatics, but a slight foot on the brake pedal combined with a shift to S does the job of bringing down speed beautifully.
But wouldn't a shift to L going downhill help matters? Or is it for climbing only?
Old 6th May 2008, 13:22   #93
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

> yes the FE I mentioned is with the A/c on always.

Even my figures are with AC. The AC in fact is never switched off!

> New warm silver (actually I think it is more golden than silver

That is also a good colour.

> But wouldn't a shift to L going downhill help matters? Or is it for climbing
> only?

You can use the L if the speeds are lower. With CVT is always tries to match the RPM and the speed, and so engine braking is less. So a light foot on the brake brings down the speed and the engine braking is also used. Better than using only the brakes where they may heta up and fade.

Though feed back is almost nil, after getting used to the light steering, it was a nice drive up and down the Munnar hills!
Old 6th May 2008, 13:40   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

> yes the FE I mentioned is with the A/c on always.

Even my figures are with AC. The AC in fact is never switched off!

> New warm silver (actually I think it is more golden than silver

That is also a good colour.

> But wouldn't a shift to L going downhill help matters? Or is it for climbing
> only?

You can use the L if the speeds are lower. With CVT is always tries to match the RPM and the speed, and so engine braking is less. So a light foot on the brake brings down the speed and the engine braking is also used. Better than using only the brakes where they may heta up and fade.

Though feed back is almost nil, after getting used to the light steering, it was a nice drive up and down the Munnar hills!

Trrk & Wilful i think we can discuss about CITY CVT in another thread. We are actually hijacking Skywalker's thread here.
Old 6th May 2008, 14:31   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Trrk & Wilful i think we can discuss about CITY CVT in another thread. We are actually hijacking Skywalker's
Yes we are - unintentionally though.
My apologies.
Old 6th May 2008, 15:32   #96
Senior - BHPian

Wilful Thanks ! Skywalker Voila this thread is all yours again.
Old 6th May 2008, 15:52   #97
BHPian

hey skywalker - so what are you finally placing your money on. Going across all the posts probably confused you even more. It certailnly confused me .

I am also undergoing through the same dilema. But still am debating between Sx4 Zxi and Swift Vxi Abs .
Old 6th May 2008, 16:57   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
but seems like you really loved the magnum. What stops you from buying it?
Hi skywalker, harsha, the only thing that is stopping me is the loan amount as I would want the ABS (which is available in the top end version only) and being extremely conservative, the sheer quantum of the loan is causing me to think! :-( My whole family loves it and hence it is only a question of convincing my mind by my heart. I think I will soon surrender! Will keep you all updated! :-)
Old 15th June 2008, 19:16   #99
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Any particular reason for the dislike of HM? Frankly considering the fact that you are in Bangalore, service is not a problem. Lathangi is pretty decent. In 10lacs and with a running of 8400km per year (i assume month was a typo), Cedia is your best bet by a mile. The other option is the Optra Magnum LT but thats roughly 11.5 onroad and your kind of running doesn't warrant a diesel.

If you liked the NHC or the Swift Dzire, you'll be blown away by what the Cedia can do.
Hey 'ForeignChaos', I have been in a great dilemma for quite sometime on the question of NHC or Cedia? May be you can help.

I know Cedia performance will be definitely better interms of power, but is the ride as refined as NHC?

Also what is the milege you are getting in City and on highways? Any idea about FE of the ALPG version?

Also if you can give some idea about the cost of maintenance of Cedia that will be great.

Thanks a ton.

Cheers,
Old 16th June 2008, 18:12   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
Hey 'ForeignChaos', I have been in a great dilemma for quite sometime on the question of NHC or Cedia? May be you can help.

I know Cedia performance will be definitely better interms of power, but is the ride as refined as NHC?

Also what is the milege you are getting in City and on highways? Any idea about FE of the ALPG version?

Also if you can give some idea about the cost of maintenance of Cedia that will be great.

Thanks a ton.

Cheers,
hey buddy, cedia handles and performs way better than nhc no doubt. but i have been told that the FE it gives in the city is only about 7-8 kmpl in bangalore city. in the highway i was told that it stretched to about 13 kmpl. nhc is the clear winner here.
as regards maintenance, i dont have much clue.
my uncle was also having a hard time deciding between nhc and cedia. so i did a bit of research by contacting a pal who owns a cedia. hence the above info.
cheers,
harsha
Old 16th June 2008, 19:58   #101
BHPian

I will have disagree with you on the FE of cedia. I have never seen less that 10kmpl on my cedia. Mostly normal fuel and 90% AC.
This week I filled 25 Liter HP normal fuel soon after the fuel lamp shown up. Already done 175km and I am sure it will do 250km with 25L before the fuel lamp shows up again.
I closely monitored first 1000km. My cedia gave me an average of 11.5 with 240km on highway and rest in Bangalore City.
I hope it goes to at least 11-12kmpl in bangalore city after my 10K service.
I have seen some of the other cedia owners in this forum complaining about their mileage. Not sure what is going wrong in their case.
Old 16th June 2008, 23:51   #102
Senior - BHPian

I roughly get around 9km/l and trust me I floor it the moment I see empty space. The best in the city I've managed is around 12 when driving how most people drive - shifting around 2k rpm. On the highway it consistently gives 12 when doing a constant 140-150 and 15-16 if you drive at 80-100.

Obviously the NHC will give better mileage. That iDSi engine is built with one sole purpose - Mileage. The VTEC will be marginally more in terms of FE but again driving experience is a question mark.

I got my car serviced at Southern recently. Though they did an okay job, they couldn't fix one rattle that has been bothering me for a while. It was gone for a few days after service but now its back :(. Other than that, I've faced absolute zero issues with the car in a year (16000km).

Last edited by reignofchaos : 16th June 2008 at 23:53.
Old 17th June 2008, 10:50   #103
BHPian

I am glad that koova and reignofchaos have thrown light on the FE aspect of the Cedia. It would have been sad to see such a nice car being overlooked due to a misconception.
Ya, the City with iDSi engine can not be compared wrt mileage to the Cedia, they are as different as cars can get.
Could you throw some light about the ride qualityof the Cedia?
Thanks!
Old 17th June 2008, 12:22   #104
Senior - BHPian

Its pretty decent and a nice compromise between ride quality and outright handling. Probably not as well damped as some of the larger sedans like the Passat or Camry but better than the average D segment. Definitely better than the Corolla and Octy RS which were the other cars I tested.
Old 17th June 2008, 12:31   #105
Senior - BHPian

Cedia satifies your demands more perfectly than any other. Next option is Verna as diesel as it has good engine and again meets you needs.
City you can have Vtec that doesnt have any problems regarding power.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks