Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2008, 08:06   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minardi View Post
If you are willing to wait, then wait for Linea, then wait for NNHC, then wait for the N lancer, and choose between Linea and new Lancer!
Do you mean New lancer or Lancer cedia? Can you give details?
Old 10th April 2008, 08:44   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbaliga View Post
@Skywalker - I know the intention behind creating this thread is to try and get clarity on your choice's rather than getting more confused !! LOL !!
yep - i have reconsidered at least two cars i have not before - Cedia & Optra. but then again - the whole point of opening a thread here was t get all inputs - so i appreciate all inputs.

Quote:
But since there are recommendations coming up, thought i will give my 2paise on Tata Safari.
Thank you for your suggestion. I am afraid I was never a fan of big SUVs. They are definitely good looking and handle our pathetic roads better - but they are heavy and don't handle corners the way sedans do. I doubt if one is in my league. Now i know i mentioned Innova - but it felt more carlike - at least to me.

Quote:
If you have done some extensive reading of tbhp you can see a big fan following for Safari.
Oh, yes . OHC, Baleno, Palio and now Cedia and Safari.

Quote:
- Last but not the least == you tend to get a good amount of respect on Bangalore roads, autowallah's will not try their tricks of cutting you across and the road is at your disposal
on second thoughts, i would do anything to get rid of those pesky autowallahs cheers:

Quote:
All the best, nothing against NHC, but was not very impressed with the dealer Dakshin Honda when i was checking out cars in 2006. There reply was like "Take it or Leave it"....
interesting. mebbe competition changed them - the salesman i saw in Dakshin Honda was the most humble person i have met in my search (interestingly only Maruthi salesmen gave me attitude what with waiting period and all) in all my visits - he even bought the car to my residence at our convenient time so my wife could test drive again.

I try to keep the salesmen away from the car. most of them are ill-trained and don't know any better. I try my best to think - let me decide on the car - not on the salesman. The keyword here is "try"
Old 10th April 2008, 08:46   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Do you mean New lancer or Lancer cedia? Can you give details?
Autocar April has the scoop. new Lancer in 12+ price range coming out in early 09 - will be competing in new corolla+civic territory.
Old 10th April 2008, 08:50   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minardi View Post
If you are willing to wait, then wait for Linea, then wait for NNHC, then wait for the N lancer, and choose between Linea and new Lancer!
I still didn't get any answer to my question - is there some scoop, news, or even some basic info on the NNHC/RNHC? Pretty
Old 10th April 2008, 09:00   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
Autocar April has the scoop. new Lancer in 12+ price range coming out in early 09 - will be competing in new corolla+civic territory.
12lac+ And they will less Cedia at 9lac?

Quote:
I still didn't get any answer to my question - is there some scoop, news, or even some basic info on the NNHC/RNHC? Pretty
Jerish666 drove the Linea last time he was in Morocco. He fell in love with the built quality and looks of the car. He felt it a bit underpowered even though it had the Multijet with 90bhp.
Old 10th April 2008, 09:55   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Skywalker- I had posted this thread few months back on Next Gen City. It has the Inspirational Pics too & i dont think there s any spy pics on the net yet.
Old 10th April 2008, 09:57   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ok, not in my budget.
But as jkdas said, if they reduce cedia to 9L, then i will grab it. This thread has also confused me.. Should i go for the current lancer or wait
Old 10th April 2008, 10:07   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry forgot to mention the link of 2008 Honda city:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...onda-city.html
Old 10th April 2008, 10:16   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
i found it already. looked at threads started by you . thanks a lot - still getting used to TBHP even though i was a non-active member for a long time!
Old 10th April 2008, 10:33   #55
BHPian

Hey Sky Walker,

If your budget is 10 lakhs you can buy a City Vtec with Airbags, ABS, leather seats version. I bought one in last week and it is a wonderful car.
Typically Honda cars don't loose their value in the long run(espeacially the Vtec). So, you need not bother about the new 2008 model. The old Honda City is still a big value in the market and many people would buy it passionately.
Old 12th April 2008, 09:17   #56
Senior - BHPian

Skywalker, have a relook at the SX4. It is a great car . The inteiors may not be all that great but if you are ok with the the Dzire then the SX4 interiors are definitely ok. The car is great. As far as the build quality is concerned, build quality extends beyond great looking interiors and SX4 is good. The City is a good car but Honda is in my opinion overcharging us for what they give. It has great interiors but lacks saety features which are required. Moreover the City is on its last laps with the New City to be launched in the next 4-6 months.
Old 12th April 2008, 12:06   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...onda-city.html
thanks for this Link Karan. I can't explain, how enriched I am by the "what car" section . Its great, how someone's querry ends up becoming your own.

@Skywalker,
Your dilemma has been a boon for myself and I guess many others, really charged up, informative thoughts on this thread by everyone. Keep it going.

Eagerly waiting for your TD experience
Old 12th April 2008, 13:26   #58
Senior - BHPian

Cedia is one of the best bargain cars in the sub 10lacs category. Dont worry about the car being replaced. The original lancer was launched way back in 1998 and is going to be sold till 2010/ tighter emissions kill it. The new lancer ex is wayyyy better car than the cedia but will be priced in competition to the civic

Service is not the best but you wont get to complain.

I would still suggest you wait for the linea. If managers at Fiat are intelligent, expect the new linea to be fully equipped at a delicious price. I have liked everything about the car until now.
Old 12th April 2008, 15:06   #59
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Around the corner? I would think it will be atleast 6 months away.
Haven't even seen any spy pics yet.
Well, around the corner is a relative term though I wouldn't mind waiting even a year (or a little over) for a sedan that suits my needs perfectly.

Come to think of it : I have been waiting for 12 months already, for my next sedan. Dont ask....just wait and watch.

Quote:
My biggest open issue is this one - Is there anywhere i can read about NNHC and compare it with er... ONHC (how about RNHC? - Really NHC ).
Not yet, though Honda wouldn't really break their winning formula. You can expect it to be an evolved version of NHC.
Old 13th April 2008, 08:52   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
Skywalker, have a relook at the SX4. It is a great car . The inteiors may not be all that great but if you are ok with the the Dzire then the SX4 interiors are definitely ok.
Rajaneesh - thanks for the note, I have explained in another quote that Dezire was 2L less and has similar interiors. But more important than interiors were drivability in city & resale (which i guess might affected in the long run due to poor FE).

SX4 is indeed a great car, good safety features, fantastic VFM in this segment. It also has the great Maruti network. It however doesn't meet my specific criteria.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks