Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2008, 13:26   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
I have seen some of the other cedia owners in this forum complaining about their mileage. Not sure what is going wrong in their case.
It all depends on the traffic conditions in which you drive everyday. With 100% AC, I get a mileage of 8-9 kmpl in Bangalore city as I hardly get a chance to engage 4th gear on my way to work and back. Most of the times it is a crawl in second or third gear. I am sure the figures would be better for someone driving in better conditions.
Old 17th June 2008, 14:54   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maibaa View Post
It all depends on the traffic conditions in which you drive everyday. With 100% AC, I get a mileage of 8-9 kmpl in Bangalore city as I hardly get a chance to engage 4th gear on my way to work and back. Most of the times it is a crawl in second or third gear. I am sure the figures would be better for someone driving in better conditions.
This could be tree.
I commute on Outer Ring road I and get to maintain 40-100 speed mostly. Also I always change gear at 2000rpm. No unnecessary breaking. I guess I have an ideal driving condition (when considering Bangalore traffic).

I agree that it has to do so much with the road/traffic/driving habits etc.
Old 18th June 2008, 15:14   #108
BHPian

Quote:
This could be tree.
I commute on Outer Ring road I and get to maintain 40-100 speed mostly. Also I always change gear at 2000rpm. No unnecessary breaking. I guess I have an ideal driving condition (when considering Bangalore traffic).

I agree that it has to do so much with the road/traffic/driving habits etc.
Wow! yours is almost a Highway driving condition! we guys doing a crawl in the city (MG road, residency road and richmond road) barely get to shift above second gear! and we blame our poor vehicles for low FE!
Old 18th June 2008, 21:37   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.cs1 View Post
Wow! yours is almost a Highway driving condition! we guys doing a crawl in the city (MG road, residency road and richmond road) barely get to shift above second gear! and we blame our poor vehicles for low FE!
Yeah..you are right to some extend.

I have adjusted my office timings to beat the traffic.

I reach office at 7:45 in the morning and leave office at 4:45 in the evening.
In the evening I usually get stuck at Eco space on Outer Ring road. When I know there is a long waiting, I put off the engine. On outer ring road it is always like that, either you move seamlessly or get stuck completely. I agree that driving in Bangalore Central-Business-District and outer parts are different.
Now we know the worst anyone can get with Cedia is 7-9 in heavy traffic, 10-12 in moderate traffic and best on Highway is 13-15. (All with A/C on at least 90% of the time)
I hope all cedia owners would have the same opinion.
Old 19th June 2008, 09:34   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now we know the worst anyone can get with Cedia is 7-9 in heavy traffic, 10-12 in moderate traffic and best on Highway is 13-15. (All with A/C on at least 90% of the time)
I hope all cedia owners would have the same opinion.
Absolutely spot on.. Exact figures I get in Chennai at various driving conditions.
I used to drive in mixed traffic, (about 10 kms with 3rd and 4th gear and 7 kms, in 1st - 2nd and 3rd gear), in Chennai, and I used to constantly get 11 average... Then I moved within City and drive most of the times in 1st-2nd and ocasionally 3rd gear, and I get 8-9 kmpl...

Yet to take on a long highway trip...
Old 21st June 2008, 18:48   #111
oss
BHPian

Looks like it is going to be Cedia for me....Was concerned about the resale value part, but with the initial discount and the competitive pricing should offset that a bit, and the rest is the premium paid for the sheer driving pleasure which i think may not be all that great in Honda City.
Thank you all for your valuable feedback. Will update you guys once i finalise the car.
Old 21st June 2008, 20:39   #112
oss
BHPian

There are talking about some Synchronizer in the 1st gear. Can someone tell me what this is and the benefits that it provide?
Old 23rd June 2008, 12:34   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
There are talking about some Synchronizer in the 1st gear. Can someone tell me what this is and the benefits that it provide?
Not heard about this. Is this something new?
Old 25th February 2009, 16:20   #114
BHPian

Budget 7-9L OTR for a petrol car only. Whats my best bet?

My dad's planning to pick up a new car in the 7-9L territory. Budget absolutely cannot exceed this. Since his company is paying for it, he can opt only for petrol engined car (Stupid I know, but what can one do?).

What cars should we be looking at? Needs are:

Good FE
Reliability
High speed stability on the highway
Easy to drive
ABS absolutely necessary.
Good backseat

Bring it on thick fellas! All help appreciated.

Note from Team-BHP Support : Thread MERGED. Please use the search feature before creating a new thread on a topic that might already exist. Please continue your discussion in an existing thread. This will keep all the relevant information in one place and make it easier for readers in the future.

Last edited by Jaggu : 25th February 2009 at 17:06. Reason: search please, and continue in an existing thread
Old 25th February 2009, 17:51   #115
Senior - BHPian

At 9L OTR in Bangalore - you get SX4,City E and Fiesta. If you are ok with the looks,you can also get a Dezire Zxi. All capable machines, with decent mileage.

Highly recommend the City E as its the best compromise among the 6 key parameters you mentioned.
Old 25th February 2009, 17:57   #116
BHPian

I will recommend the Linea D or Fiesta P/D or the Verna D. The City is terribly overpriced and it looks puny.
Old 25th February 2009, 18:05   #117
Senior - BHPian

@Proxima: read again - he says he needs a petrol.

@WL: But you can try the Linea P - its a great VFM and looks real good.
Dont recommend the Fiesta as its a size smaller and you have mentioned backseat as a key criteria. Sweet car to drive though.

Last edited by SkyWalker : 25th February 2009 at 18:19.
Old 25th February 2009, 18:20   #118
BHPian

@ SkyWalker; What car did uou end up choosing? Sorry I didn't read the entire thread but it was similar to my query.

Any thoughts on the Linea?
Old 25th February 2009, 21:28   #119
oss
BHPian

Check this out:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...cification.jpg

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1188255

Buying a Corolla Altis stripped down version makes immense sense than going in for a ANHC, which is stripped down anyway regardless of the version

Last edited by oss : 25th February 2009 at 21:30.
Old 25th February 2009, 21:37   #120
Senior - BHPian

@WL: to keep it short - decided to wait for ANHC at that time. I will most probably book ANHC (or Verna Diesel) in the next 10 days. There's another thread on it.

Last edited by SkyWalker : 25th February 2009 at 21:40.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks