Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2008, 11:56   #31
Senior - BHPian

how about the cedia? i simply adorn the ergonomics's of the seats and the way the car handles, just drove it last week and was awesome, true to the name. its a bigger sedan in your price range and a better handler with a very powerful engine!

well convincing your wife is not going to be a problem, take her along with you on the TD session the car will impress her.

at that price you get ABS EBD SRS-airbags, alloys(15") body skirts spoiler with the sports model. i would say it just fits the bill!
Old 9th April 2008, 14:08   #32
Senior - BHPian

Hi SkyWalker,

> On top of that i made the blunder of commenting to my wife CVT 60K extra > is ok since she will find it easier to drive. And she turned up her pretty nose > and let me know that she is as good if not a better driver than me and she > didn't need my charity, thank you.

If you have not test driven a City AT, why don't you both take one?

I own one for six months and the AT part is the one I enjoy. You don't lose out on the driveability part and gain peace of mind. The mileage is very good. I am just learning to eke out good mileage out of it. My last mileage is 17.08 over 200kms with AC on. An overall of 13.25kpl over a distance of 10703kms.

The CVT aboslutely does not give you any jerks and all the acceleration is readily availbale either with a kickdown or a flick of the gearshift to S from the regular D.

It won't be a charity!
Old 9th April 2008, 14:17   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk
If you have not test driven a City AT, why don't you both take one? You don't lose out on the driveability part and gain peace of mind. The mileage is very good.
trrk sir, yes, the AT is really a boon. Am also looking at AT options (but in small cars) for my wife.

But we metro guys can only dream of that kind of FE with a CVT. The traffic where you are located is a dream compared to what the cities have, resulting in lower FE. CVT FE figures for cities are much lower, as seen on the forum.

But I think for Skywalker it is still a good option because his running is quite less.
Old 9th April 2008, 14:29   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
trrk sir, yes, the AT is really a boon. Am also looking at AT options (but in small cars) for my wife.
Santro AT is there - isn't it?

Quote:
But we metro guys can only dream of that kind of FE with a CVT. The traffic where you are located is a dream compared to what the cities have, resulting in lower FE.
you can say that again - in my previous job i was commuting between MG Road office & home near Airport Road. The 5.5 kms would take me 40mins-1 hour during peak hours. I would reach faster if i jogged home!
Old 9th April 2008, 15:23   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
from what i have read so far from the ownership experiences in this forum - i might be hooked if i TD the Cedia. I guess i will bite the bullet and go for a TD after all. The real trouble would be convincing my wife - how would you sell Mitsu to someone who doesnt even care about EVO?
do what i did- took my wife for the TD.. now i want safari - she wants Cedia!
Old 9th April 2008, 15:28   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker
Santro AT is there - isn't it?
Yes. But Hyundai is for me, what GM & Ford are for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80
took my wife for the TD.. now i want safari - she wants Cedia!
What's with the Safari craze on tbhp currently ? Anyway, either way you would win Madan, because both are good in their own way.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 9th April 2008 at 15:29.
Old 9th April 2008, 15:31   #37
Senior - BHPian

@Sky Walker - I would suggest you to wait for the Really New Honda City as you put it. There are lot of rumours about Oct Launch. Im kinda sure Honda will launch it this year. Linea also should be worth the wait( July '08). I think you should wait till Oct and then start a thread RNHC vs Linea .
Old 9th April 2008, 15:42   #38
BHPian

Your wife seems to be a keen driver and so are you (by owing the Palio), the logical upgrade would be a Cedia and I'm sure both of you would love it... No need of diamond rings, but just a TD would do... cheers!
Old 9th April 2008, 16:26   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes. But Hyundai is for me, what GM & Ford are for you.
a-ha! we all have our love to hates

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post
do what i did- took my wife for the TD.. now i want safari - she wants Cedia!
I have this funny feeling women love Jap cars. Here's cars my wifes likes - CRV, OHC, Innova, NHC. Suddenly, I get a feeling she would love the Mitsu if she tried it too - its a Jap after all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
the logical upgrade would be a Cedia and I'm sure both of you would love it... No need of diamond rings, but just a TD would do... cheers!
I am taking a TD. will report back.
Old 9th April 2008, 16:28   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Linea also should be worth the wait( July '08). I think you should wait till Oct and then start a thread RNHC vs Linea .
hmmm... looking at the kind of releases piled up - i am sure by end of the year i will own many threads but still only one car
Old 9th April 2008, 16:52   #41
BHPian

@Skywalker - I know the intention behind creating this thread is to try and get clarity on your choice's rather than getting more confused !! LOL !! But since there are recommendations coming up, thought i will give my 2paise on Tata Safari.

If you have done some extensive reading of tbhp you can see a big fan following for Safari.
+ves
- Fits in your budget (EX version),
- Great space + siting comfort.
- Not very difficult to steer within city (looks can be deceptive).
- Decent mileage -> i get 10 kmpl in City and have also got 15 kmpl on Highways.
- I read the 2.2 Dicor is much refined now.
- The maintenance costs are decent. Spares are not very costly.
- You might have end up saving some extra dough for some ICE work and accessories...
- Last but not the least == you tend to get a good amount of respect on Bangalore roads, autowallah's will not try their tricks of cutting you across and the road is at your disposal

The only negative i can think of is the Electricals, small niggling problems tend to creep up which can be an irritation.

If your choice is for a SEDAN only then my vote goes for the CEDIA, Mitsu is rumoured to be entering Indian markets on their own and we can expect some good A.S.S. The brand is gaining popularity in India, you can see a lot of hoardings and media ads also now for CEDIA. The sports model dons killer looks, all safety features inbuilt, leather seats etc. and i'am sure going from your Palio ownership you may not want to do some frequent changing. So resale value is something you might not want to bother.
All the best, nothing against NHC, but was not very impressed with the dealer Dakshin Honda when i was checking out cars in 2006. There reply was like "Take it or Leave it"....
All the best in your hunt.
Old 9th April 2008, 17:51   #42
BHPian

@Skywalker - I saw your concern about the spares being expensive because of low selling Mitsus. I think the pattern till now says that the spares will be cheaper. There was a price slash in Nov-Dec.
If you are looking for a Sedan, Cedia is your best bet! With so many cars being launched in India, resale value should not be a worry. Older models with fetch a lesser price anyway. Go for a TD!!
Old 9th April 2008, 18:43   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
a-ha! we all have our love to hates

I have this funny feeling women love Jap cars. Here's cars my wifes likes - CRV, OHC, Innova, NHC. Suddenly, I get a feeling she would love the Mitsu if she tried it too - its a Jap after all!

I am taking a TD. will report back
Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbaliga View Post
@Skywalker - I know the intention behind creating this thread is to try and get clarity on your choice's rather than getting more confused !! LOL !! But since there are recommendations coming up, thought i will give my 2paise on Tata Safari.
Good one carbaliga. My options were these two. Was quoted 9lac OTR for Cedia. Didnt buy it coz I cover 1500kms plus easily every month.

Dont buy the dual fuel version of Cedia as it will have an already full boot
Old 9th April 2008, 22:22   #44
BHPian

One more vote for the Cedia. I think it is a crime not to go for a Cedia if you have a budget for it. If you loved your Palio, you'll love Cedia. There is a common thread running in Fiat and Mitsubishi

If you are willing to wait, then wait for Linea, then wait for NNHC, then wait for the N lancer, and choose between Linea and new Lancer!

Innova is another very good car. I feel its size is more in the mind than on the road. Once you get used to the size of a car, the size doesn't matter. I have seen here in Mumbai, that in heavy traffic, the BEST buses move faster than the cars despite their size. So, pls do reconsider Innova.

If you strictly want to choose between NHC and Dzire, I suggest NHC CVT. A great car. Notwithstanding the theoretical data-sheets, in practice it is zippy and fuel-efficient!
Old 10th April 2008, 04:26   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Waiting

Dont buy the dual fuel version of Cedia as it will have an already full boot
Hey JK,you have enough space for a family trip even after the lpg tank.On a serious note the LPG option of cedia will work out cheaper than the safari in terms of running cost.
ram

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks