Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2015, 10:20   #61
Team-BHP Support

Re: Need a car within 15Lakhs On Road price

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
2. VW Jetta 1.4 TSI - This can test my budgetary limits but am also waiting to see what the 2015 face lift brings. Yet to TD but reviews seem to be generally positive. Thought it is a D1 segment car vis-a-vis a City (C2 segment), the gap is awfully narrow as it has been highlighted elsewhere on this forum.
The 1.4 TSI Jetta is a really good car but the upcoming facelift will be expensive than the current model. Did you inquire with the outlets if they have one and in case they do, are there any discounts or freebies such as extended warranty etc. offered? Do check. They may be looking to dispose off the current stock at discounted prices. And who knows, you might get a kickass deal!

Quote:
3. Polo GT / Fiat Punto Evo Abarth: Hot hatch territory but then I don't need space that much hence open to considering these as well. The Polo is an Automatic and am concerned about the reliability issues that is called out in the official reviews.
W.r.t. the GT TSI, there have been no issues reported online concerning the DSG. It is nearing 2 years since the car has went into retail and some folks have already clocked some 30k+ on the car with no issues reported so far. Honestly, 30k is not a high figure for the DSG to begin acting up (a 75k figure is a safe bet IMO) but we can believe that the DSG issues have been sorted out by VW. They have changed the DSG box oil from synthetic to mineral.
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2015, 10:40   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
Why not Fiat Linea T-Jet ? Great machine to drive, solid build quality, best ride and handling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Linea TJet.

113bhp@5000 rpm. (Compared to 117bhp@6600 rpm for the City).
207NM@2200 rpm. (Compared to 146bhp@4600 rpm for the City).

Thats way more torque and similar power, but lower down the usable range. And it has excellent ride and handling & the best steering feel (among the options listed).
Quite a few suggestions for the Linea T-Jet and I guess I should give it a thought. Did not think that it was better than the City in terms of features & build quality. Also reviews point out a "rubbery gearshift" hence did not really consider it. I will add this to my list for a TD and see how it compares to the City's gear shift.

I also hear that the automatics require maintenance schedules to be followed strictly. Is that true?

But the more I read reviews and ownership reports am kind of leaning (and dreaming) towards the Jetta and the City .

Nimz
Old 22nd January 2015, 10:53   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Bumping this up as I have a similar query..

Looking for a petrol sedan that tops out at 15L OTR in Bangalore.
Ford Fiesta Diesel is the best for you. The ANHC is not much of an upgrade over your car except rear seat space which is not needed in your case. The car has little turbo lag and is an able handler. The top model is fully loaded and with no civic/fusion available it is the best bet with 15L in India.
ToyotaFan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2015, 13:04   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Woah! hang on mate! My comment was a sercastic one. I felt the Ecosport with ecoboost way to underpowered in the city and hence implying that Nimz wouldn't have wished for a fiesta ecoboost.
Sorry then mate. I found it to be a nice city car. Havent taken it out on the highway so cant comment on that. I found it to be as good as most good hatches (swift for example). Ofcourse thats all it can do cuz of its engine capacity.
Old 22nd January 2015, 13:22   #65
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Did not think that it was better than the City in terms of features & build quality. Also reviews point out a "rubbery gearshift" hence did not really consider it. I will add this to my list for a TD and see how it compares to the City's gear shift.
Features - City definitely has the edge. However - the ex-showroom prices are almost 1L less than the City, and there are additional offers for close to a lakh as well.

Build Quality - No way. Linea TJet is build like a tank compared to the City. The current generation also feels a lot better on the inside compared to the one on which our review was based on.

Rubbery gearshift - Yes, that is a negative in the Linea. But not something you dont get used to within a few days. On the other side, you dont need to downshift as much as needed in the city - due to the diesel like torque available way down the rpm range.

And - your dream combination mentioned seems to be the ecoboost engine on the Fiesta. The only other car that can match the ride + handling + steering dynamics of the Fiesta is the Linea TJet. City might be marginally faster, but only in a straight line. And the turbo-petrol in the Linea TJet is more useable as well, with minimal lag compared to the ecoboost. Quoting from Team-bhp enthusiast car 2014 thread -
Quote:
'For manual transmission lovers, still the most satisfying petrol car (<10 lakhs) to drive on the highway'
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3583106

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 22nd January 2015 at 13:23.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2015, 14:47   #66
Team-BHP Support

Linea T-Jet if you favor Petrol, Fiesta Diesel Titanium if you're willing to consider Diesel. The two best driver cars out there right now for your budget.

Don't go ONLY by absolute numbers and feature lists if driveability and fun matter to you (Hyundai cars win the stats and/or feature-list game in their segments, you get the drift).

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 22nd January 2015 at 14:50.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2015, 20:41   #67
BHPian

Thanks everyone... cars to TD
1. Fiat Linea T-jet
2. Ford Fiesta Titanium
3. Jetta (seems loaded to the gills but does not seem like fun to drive but will TD just the same).
4. Vento TSI
5. And of course the City.

Couple of quick question on the Fiesta Diesel:

1. Does anyone have the 2014 Fiesta's 0-100 kmph timing? Could not locate it anywhere. Just curious to see how significant is the difference from a City.

2. Since I won't be using the car for my daily commute (will be walking to office) I foresee the car being parked for a week or so. Does this have any effect on Diesel cars? Starting trouble?

Thanks much

Nimz
Old 23rd January 2015, 01:38   #68
D C
BHPian

Quote:
2. Since I won't be using the car for my daily commute (will be walking to office) I foresee the car being parked for a week or so. Does this have any effect on Diesel cars? Starting trouble?

Thanks much

Nimz
I use a Verna 1.6 CRDi and I had parked it continuously for a month, multiple times a year. It fires up just fine after a month!

The only risk I could think of is rat damage, only if your area is infested by rats. I suggest you take a quick look at the below thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-car-rats.html
D C is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2015, 16:39   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D C View Post
I use a Verna 1.6 CRDi and I had parked it continuously for a month, multiple times a year. It fires up just fine after a month!

The only risk I could think of is rat damage, only if your area is infested by rats. I suggest you take a quick look at the below thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-car-rats.html
Good to hear that diesels fire up just fine.

And thanks for that entire threat on rats. I did hear that the basement parking in the apartment complex is rat infested. A friend of mine had a rat die in her Fabia creating a bad stink. :(
Old 23rd January 2015, 18:40   #70
Senior - BHPian

I don't want to confuse you further, but you could get great deals on used petrol sedans if you wish to go for a used one, honda accord comes to my mind!
Old 23rd January 2015, 19:23   #71
D C
BHPian

Quote:
Good to hear that diesels fire up just fine.

And thanks for that entire threat on rats. I did hear that the basement parking in the apartment complex is rat infested. A friend of mine had a rat die in her Fabia creating a bad stink. :(
Do not worry much about the rats. The thread I quoted above discuss various ways to avoid rats entering the car. I am sure that would help you out. Some of our fellows have used those techniques and have confirmed they are effective. Happy Driving!
D C is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2015, 19:48   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
I don't want to confuse you further, but you could get great deals on used petrol sedans if you wish to go for a used one, honda accord comes to my mind!
Thanks mate.. but am planning to get this through a co. lease hence it will have to be a new car!
Nimz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2015, 20:22   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks mate.. but am planning to get this through a co. lease hence it will have to be a new car!
Well, I see that you have included Jetta in your list(1.4TSI), if the maintenance too is looked after by the company they Jetta would be my pick for highway runs, feels as solid as the big Germans according to many reviews.

Last edited by giri1.8 : 23rd January 2015 at 20:23.
Old 23rd January 2015, 23:52   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Primarily used for weekend jaunts within B'lore and once a month or so hit the highway for trips to Chennai etc. Approx. 1000 kms a month hence a Petrol and needs to be a tourer of sorts.

Space not a concern. Back seats will mainly carry bags except for when family visits and I will be the only one driving it hence prefer a driver focused car that can accelerate cleanly and handles decently.

So the ones I have in mind are:
1. New 2014 Honda city (MT). Had a fuss free ownership experience the last 3+ years and liked the free revving Vtech engine. The new gen car has all the bells and whistles so all the better except for that "chrome mustache" in front.

2. VW Jetta 1.4 TSI - This can test my budgetary limits but am also waiting to see what the 2015 face lift brings. Yet to TD but reviews seem to be generally positive. Thought it is a D1 segment car vis-a-vis a City (C2 segment), the gap is awfully narrow as it has been highlighted elsewhere on this forum.

3. Polo GT / Fiat Punto Evo Abarth: Hot hatch territory but then I don't need space that much hence open to considering these as well. The Polo is an Automatic and am concerned about the reliability issues that is called out in the official reviews.

Not really considering the Vento or the Rapid as I think the City is better than these two. And not a big fan of Hyundai hence not considering the Verna.
Hi Nimz,

If you are going to be out and about with anyone occupying the backseat other than bags, specially kids, IMO you should consider only options with 6 or more airbags, which boils it down to the Jetta TSI and Hyundai Verna.

I probably wont recommend the wibbly-wobbly Verna for someone who needs a regular tourer with decent handling and highway manners, so I guess it would have to be the Jetta.

Checkout my thread on my own quandary where I am also planning to TD the Jetta hopefully in the next few weeks . I have almost decided on the Jetta, my real dilemma is whether to go for the 2014 Jetta 1.4 TSI comfortline or the 2015 Jetta 2.0 DSG highline trim.

Hope this helps.
H
harryputtar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2015, 18:17   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryputtar View Post
Checkout my thread on my own quandary where I am also planning to TD the Jetta hopefully in the next few weeks . I have almost decided on the Jetta, my real dilemma is whether to go for the 2014 Jetta 1.4 TSI comfortline or the 2015 Jetta 2.0 DSG highline trim.

Hope this helps.
H
Hey Harryputtar, did you manage to do the TD? Do they have any old 2014 stock left? The VW website does not mention Jetta at all. I have just relocated now and started calling up dealers for TDs. Been impressed with Ford and VW so far.. I just put in a request on their website for a TD and got calls same day. Lets see how their dealers respond. Fiat took its time to call me to set up a TD for this Saturday and no sign after that.

Also VW just told me that the 2015 Jetta is launching tomorrow.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks