Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2009, 09:41   #1
BHPian

Swift to SX4 - Booking a Black SX4 Zxi - Some queries on Pg3

Hi All,

I own a Nov 2005 Swift Vxi Metallic Beam Blue Color.It has around 35K on the board and is in a very good condition.

I want to upgrade to the SX4.I had gone to a MAruti Dealership in Kolkata and they have offered 2.4L.

Now I have a couple of questions.
1.Is 2.4L a decent value as I had expected something around 2.6 - 2.7L?
2.If I buy a Maruti Product ,SX4 in this case,should the valuation normally increase by 20-30K or is the valuation they give is independent of the car you buy?I have heard Maruti increases the valuation if the customer goes for an upgrade to one of its own cars.

Please help me out.Thanks.
Old 28th June 2009, 10:55   #2
Senior - BHPian

Joy,

Check at carwale.com and you will know the rates.

And this is what it gives:
Individual Value
Car Condition----Excellent----Good------Fair
Car Value (Rs.)--3,14,500------3,02,300--2,85,500

Dealer Value
Car Condition----Excellent----Good-------Fair
Car Value (Rs.)--2,78,000-----2,65,800--2,49,000

So now you know where your car was placed.

Last edited by HappyWheels : 28th June 2009 at 10:58.
Old 28th June 2009, 10:57   #3
Senior - BHPian

Why the SX4? Smitten at its what?
Old 28th June 2009, 11:22   #4
Senior - BHPian

unless you want to stick with Maruti, there are better options available in the price band
Old 28th June 2009, 12:00   #5
BHPian

Hi Mile Cruncher,

Re the upgrade from Swift to SX4. I am thinking of doing the same.

What are the better options available at the same price.

I took a test drive in the ANHC and was horrified by it's suspension on bad roads.
Took a Ford Fiesta cab from the airport to home. Myself, driver and two suitcases. The car bottomed out on two of the three speed breakers we went over.
Renault Logan - too much of a taxi image.
Hyundai - a personal mind block against anything Korean.
Aveo - Let's not go there!!!!

Would appreciate your input.

Regards,
SS
Old 28th June 2009, 12:15   #6
Senior - BHPian

Suzuki San,

The SX4 is a very good car. It looks good, is a proven package with decet equivpment levels and is backed by good MSIL *ss. There are a number of satisied owners of the car on the forum. Most people who speak ill of he car do so on hearsay ( except for one odd case).

Please go ahead with the car.Unless you drive over 2000- 2500 km per month, the SX4 is a real good choice.In case you clock very high mileage, you can look for a Diesel option.
Old 28th June 2009, 12:24   #7
BANNED

Dude you can also look at Cedia and Linea
Awesome cars as well
Old 28th June 2009, 12:45   #8
BHPian

Well, let's stick to the point and answer his question.

I think they offering 2.4L is pretty low. I'd expect at least 25K more. I think you should bargain, and bargain hard at that. Did you mention that you are buying an SX4 in the same showroom?

Also, try getting quotes from multiple dealers. I'd suggest going to the same dealer for selling your old car AND buying a new one. This way, they know it's 2 deals in one shot. You need multiple quotes for bargaining anyway.
Old 28th June 2009, 12:47   #9
BHPian

Thanks Happywheels.

I did check out carwale yesterday and saw the prices as well,I think atleast I should get 2.7,lets see because its only the start of the hard bargaining.

Also,SX4 should get hefty discounts since it only sells around 800/month.

@Suzukisan,Scarlet,Milecruncher,JK Das

I did test drive the following cars :

ANHC - Engine superb,ordinary interiors but most of all,way too expensive for me.A 9.5L car without alloys is shocking,so to fit alloys it will take the price above 10 which goes beyond my budget.

Verna - Petrol not that great.Diesel is awesome but again,diesel will cost me around 9-9.5,beyond my budget.

Aveo - As you said,lets not go there.

Linea - TD-ed one and found it a bit underpowered.If the power is OK to you,then a very good buy.

Fiesta - My friend owns a 1.6S aquarius and I drive it quite a lot.The best drivers car under 10L.Superb car and my next choice after SX4.

Why SX4?
From day one,I was facinated by its beefy looks and 16" alloys.Looks awesome.Engine is decent and equipment level is great.Interiors can be improved but I can do with it.SX4 was always a natural choice for me.And along with the FIesta falls in the 7.5L category(after discounts).

Also,did take some advice from ANANT NEHRU and MEER and they have really helped me a lot regarding their experiences in the SX4.

First,I need to sell my Swift a decent price,hope to get somewhere near 2.7L.
Old 28th June 2009, 13:48   #10
Senior - BHPian

If you want a new car... then SX4 is great value for money..the top model has all the goodies at a decent price. Also check Fiesta...its a geat drivers car at a good price. the 1.6 is very good. However, Suzuki has a very good after sales back up and resale value will be better.

2.4 for a 2005 swift vxi is fine here in delhi ..no idea about kolkota
Old 28th June 2009, 15:33   #11
BHPian

If your car was evaluated by a True value person, the price is more or less fixed. From now on, if you take your car to any number of dealers, the first thing they do is to check their database, to see if the car has been examined at any other true value outlet earlier. If it has been, they will quote the same value again, without even agreeing to evaluate your car.

If you buy an SX4 in exchange for the swift, you should get a fat loyalty bonus. Will push up the value of your swift to 2.6 or 2.7 lacs.
Old 28th June 2009, 15:34   #12
Senior - BHPian

You sir, are truly a maruti/Suzuki Fanboi.
Maruti needs more customers like you

Last edited by greenhorn : 28th June 2009 at 15:36.
Old 28th June 2009, 16:31   #13
Senior - BHPian

Isn't there an ongoing offer now that for an exchange of Swift (variant not sure) you get 10k as exchange bonus?
Old 28th June 2009, 16:51   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
You sir, are truly a maruti/Suzuki Fanboi.
Maruti needs more customers like you
More or less

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
If your car was evaluated by a True value person, the price is more or less fixed. From now on, if you take your car to any number of dealers, the first thing they do is to check their database, to see if the car has been examined at any other true value outlet earlier. If it has been, they will quote the same value again, without even agreeing to evaluate your car.

If you buy an SX4 in exchange for the swift, you should get a fat loyalty bonus. Will push up the value of your swift to 2.6 or 2.7 lacs.
Even I think they should offer something like 20-30K as a loyalty bonus and thats what I told them.Show me Maruti wants to retain a loyal customer
Old 29th June 2009, 09:53   #15
Senior - BHPian

As far as I know it’s a good choice.
My take would be SX4, Fiesta-S, Cedia.These are good performance cars. Though cedia is league above all.

SX4: good *** and has all the features. Need to worry about FE,should be around 10kmpl in city etc.
Fiesta-S: as told, good drivers car below 10L, need to have an eye on A.S.S, heard they have improved.
Cedia-Sports: you can go for used car & struck a nice deal.5.5 to 6L.nothing to write home about cedia.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks