Old 25th July 2011, 20:34   #346
Senior - BHPian

Re: Suman's Final Dilemma : 320d or X1? EDIT : It's the X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
We have even finalized the color - Deep Sea Blue, now its just the
Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Congrats Suman, Which Blue have you booked? Monaco Blue/Deep Sea Blue/they have one more shade i am unable to recall.
I guess Suman sir has booked deep sea blue color as he posted this earlier.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2011, 21:13   #347
BHPian

@Suman,

Congrats on the decision.Great car-nice choice of colour. Wishing you a very pleasant ownership experience. Good that they have the cars ready stock.

Hope you will be replacing the run flats with suitable Michelins/Yokos.
charthom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2011, 22:08   #348
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Suman, wonderful replacement for Safari
rkbharat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2011, 11:55   #349
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys for all the good wishes, I've taken the short cut by thanking your individual posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidwadia View Post
pls share the details on the final OTR cost (with the break up).
Also, what was the final deal offered to you on the 320d ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by manyu View Post
Congratulations suman ,

So what is the final OTR price you got for your x1.

Aand you got the BMW secure and BSI ?
Final on-road Gurgaon price is Rs 28,79,760 including BMW Secure as well as BSI Ultimate for 3 years/60k kms. Unfortunately, unlike the 320d, there are NO DISCOUNTS on the X1

Sid, didn't get into final pricing, the rock bottom pricing would only have been offered if I had decided to go with the 320d. They had already offered 1.5 lacs & had verbally told me that they'd offer another 30-40k if I decided to go with it. So I'm sure I could have squeezed them for 2-2.25 at least.

There are huge discounts on the 320i btw, they offered 3.5 lacs off straightaway so that can easily go up to 4 methinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
I am glad that you decided on X1..will wait for one of the best initial/long term ownership report as always. Afterall thats what inspires us pre-owned lovers to decide on the right upgrade (german, if at all..lolz)
And you've been of help throughout, I remember you egging me on to take that leap. Don't know what I'm getting myself into but taking the plunge irrespective!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
You also get to choose the interior trim (seat colour etc.) for the CE? I guess beige goes well with the deep sea blue exterior.
Yup, its Deep Sea Blue with Sensatec Beige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
@Suman
Had you checked the almost new X1s listed on team BHP classifieds? I am not sure if it would have resulted in substantial saving (Or there could be location issues too).
http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...1/BMW/X1.html/
He's quoting 28 lacs, may have come down but I'd rather get a new one at this price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
Hope you will be replacing the run flats with suitable Michelins/Yokos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Congrats! Blue is the best colour for X1. Get the cushiest tires you can find and you will be all set with ride quality!! You already have more handling that you need.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Have fun cruising & drive safe. We aren't going to let you off without a full ownership report

BTW, change those lousy run-flats to regular Michelins. Giant leap forward in ride & handling and no, the warranty isn't affected.
Sure Rush, gimme a couple of weeks & that thread's coming up for sure!

Guys, I'm really in two minds about the tyres. I hate the inconvenience of the runflats for sure but OTOH, I'm not ready to take the plunge because they've clearly told me that the thin sidewalls of the regular tubeless tyres of the same profile (225x50x17) would be detrimental to the suspension & they would not honor warranty should anything go wrong with the alloys or other suspension components.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Congrats suman.
Its indeed the sensible choice, considering where you drive you do not have roads, but craters .
she will be a great companion on highways and himachal trips too!
I hope its the sensible choice Tanveer & I hope the RFTs will not be a hindrance given the Gurgaon post-monsoon craters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Congratulations..!! BTW I was under the impression that X1 had a 3-4 month waiting on it. How come you getting it so fast?
When I first looked at it, months ago, it did have a long waiting period. I was pleasantly surprised when I enquired again in June - they said 6 weeks. And now, they have ex-stock! They have 3 Deep Sea Blues with them, quite a few whites, a couple of greys etc. So it looks like they over-estimated demand or have seriously ramped up the Assembly!
suman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2011, 12:05   #350
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I hope its the sensible choice Tanveer & I hope the RFTs will not be a hindrance given the Gurgaon post-monsoon craters!
Keep the runflats on for 30-40K kms, and when you change, go for regular tires. I guess suspension warranty will be almost over by that time.
Old 26th July 2011, 12:16   #351
Team-BHP Support

Re: Run flats - All you really want is the peace of mind. Two options:

Light Option - Pick up a tubless tyre repair kits and an air compressor
Heavy option - spacesaver wheel + jack rattling in the back
Old 26th July 2011, 12:22   #352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Re: Run flats - All you really want is the peace of mind. Two options:
My worry is more about the fine print - in case you have a puncture & you intend to replace the RFT & you are some distance out from the workshop, you first need to call them & take permission to repair & drive! Now, lets say, you repair & keep using (say you are out of range of a workshop), they will not replace it subsequently (a max of 4 RFTs are replaced in a year). And apparently, puncture repair on a RFT doesn't hold up as well or for as long as on a regular tubeless so its not like you can keep repairing punctures & using the tyre.

So its between the devil & the deep blue sea (or should that be Deep Sea Blue )
Old 26th July 2011, 12:32   #353
Team-BHP Support

Well, a friend of mines X5 ran 100km semi flat, he kept filling air and then got it properly repaired. We are off in a couple of weeks to Ooty so it will be interesting!

He is not mechanicaly inclined but loves his cars and drives hard!
Old 26th July 2011, 12:50   #354
Team-BHP Support

Suman RFT's have no sidewall flex which means they put a far greater load on the suspension than regular tyres. All road imperfections are directly transferred to the suspension as the tyre cannot absorb the bump.

Now with the regular tyre which alloys for sidewall flex small bumps are taken care by the tyres and suspension has to less work.

So that logic is flawed that regular tyres will be detrimental to the tyres.
Old 26th July 2011, 13:01   #355
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks guys for all the good wishes, I've taken the short cut by thanking your individual posts
Congrats on your choice Suman, the X-1 is surely amongst the hottest selling mini SUVs in the country today and the badge value too, is unbeatable.

One question though, how are you going to manage with no 4wd, lesser space and the harsh ride quality on your hill trips?

Lastly, what are the parameters that you compared the X-1 on, before zeroing down on it?
Old 27th July 2011, 03:17   #356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Keep 'em coming guys, I really appreciate your inputs! Oh & yes, I would like to keep the ex-showroom price to below 10 lacs........
2 years on and we end up with a BMW!!!!

Congrats Suman. For the decision and more so for being able to up the spend as much!

Wish you many many happy miles ahead.

Quote:
LOL, good analysis Doc. Lets just say that I am looking for out & out acceleration but not at the cost of stability & handling.
Guess when we get close to the plunge, practicality (Gurgaon's famed craters) tends to become more prominent (else would have been a 320)!!!

All the best
Old 27th July 2011, 05:28   #357
BHPian

Quote:
So we made a booking this morning! And I hate to break the hearts of the 320d fans but it looks like its the X1 sDrive20d that's going to find a place in our garage.

Ah, Finally you came around to it.
The first problem, people seem to think its the cheapest bmw when it clearly isn't compared to the 3.
since you bought the car now start to look for a portable hard disk for your music needs. the car does support wav files.look at my thread pics.
Old 27th July 2011, 13:42   #358
Senior - BHPian

Just curious Suman Sir, hope I didnt miss it, if discussed earlier.. Is the X1 a replacement for fiesta or safari. In either case, you need to start a new thread to find options for the replacement of the second one... Never know, you might end up with something different again.. And yes I am not sponoring .
Old 27th July 2011, 14:43   #359
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the X1!

TATA to BMW is a big leap and am sure its going to be a totally different driving experience. Am also sure you will get a lot of "WOW" in the office parking lot !
Old 27th July 2011, 15:13   #360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
And yes I am not sponoring .
Sponsor to main bhi nahi kar raha but now am very curious to know what you are going to opt for as your second ride Suman.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks