Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2005, 16:14   #46
BHPian

I've got some news from the TVS guys in chennai!!
There is a Euro II Model, Petra 1.6 ELX with out alloys and rear spoiler, but has a cassete player (radio too) with 6 speakers. It goes for 4.99L Showroom after all discounts 5.3L on road.
Where as the Petra Euro III ELX with alloys and rear spoiler but no music, and 5.9L on road.
I have some doubts, what is the major difference in the EURO II and EURO III cars? (If there are any), other than the cosmetics (wheels and spoiler).
Does going for the EURO III model over a price of 60K make a good buy?
Coz spoiler is not going to change much on the back.
Is there any major change in the fuel systems of either cars?
Please advice.....
Old 9th September 2005, 16:20   #47
Senior - BHPian

There are a few disadvantages with going for the Euro II car:

1) It is old. I dont know how long it has been with the dealer.
2) It is Euro II! That being said, its resale value, if that is a serious concern will be lower than that of a Euro III version of the same year.

Otherwise there is no difference. If you can verify that the car is fine and are sure that resale is not a overwhelming concern, only then go for it.
Old 9th September 2005, 16:28   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashKeezh
Where as the Petra Euro III ELX with alloys and rear spoiler but no music, and 5.9L on road.
whaaa ?? no deck on the EIII ELX ??
they told me there is .. lemme try and go and check it out tomorrow ..
Old 9th September 2005, 16:45   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc
whaaa ?? no deck on the EIII ELX ??
they told me there is .. lemme try and go and check it out tomorrow ..
That may be a dealer offering Shuvo. But afaik, the ELX does not come with a deck.
Old 9th September 2005, 16:54   #50
Senior - BHPian

when i was buying my palio, i checked the sienna just for the heck of it (my budget definitely wouldn't stretch that far). i thought the sienna 1.6 elx had a cassete player. maybe the petra does not have it; i have no idea.
Old 9th September 2005, 16:58   #51
Senior - BHPian

yep .. kinda confusing ..
the last time I went they did not have a petrol ELX .. but did have diesel ELXs (both EII and EIII) .. and both of them had the deck ..

nah .. will hafta go and check it out tomorrow .. maybe go for a spin too
since they said they've got a couple of new EIII 1.6 ELXs ..
Old 9th September 2005, 17:14   #52
BHPian

the Euro II had been manufactured this march...
but are there any other serious concerns reg. pollution may be they would not be allowed in the roads after a couple of yrs or something like that... I am not so sure on that...
Old 9th September 2005, 18:04   #53
BHPian

the deck is more from the dealer, sorta a dealer extra... i tried gettting it from the dealer here, but they have been insisting that they have never provided this option as an extra... will keep you guys updated on the devs... as and when it happens..
Old 9th September 2005, 18:08   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, if you have bought an EII car then if they introduce EIV after some years, your car will still be allowed to run in the City.
Also i would sugest a Petra 1.6.
It is newer then the Baleno, better looking, more sturdy, has beter designed interiors, better VFM (Baleno needs better tyres), better performance, more stable.
It is not as small as buffetfan has made it out to be because while Baleno is bigger, it falls short on headroom.
The Petra is also as comfortable and a whole lot more safer.
The Baleno only has better a.s.s., space, FE but interiors are tacky and does not look like it would hold up well.
The Accent on the other hand, is neither as comfortable, as efficient, as fast, as safe, as big (i feel the Petra is bigger) as either the Petra or Baleno.
It just offers beter interiors but the suspension is not as goodand some of the examples i have seen look worn out and ratle.
We owned a siena which served us without even a single ratle or glitch for 5 years. We even took it to Jaipur from Mumbai and back.
The Palio too is performing similarly well but has a rattle comin from the dashboard after some off roading done at construction site.
Old 9th September 2005, 18:21   #55
BHPian

lamborghini,
i am sort of hooked on to the petra right now!!! am not even going for either an accent or a baleno... i get a top end petra for less than the price of a base model accent or a baleno!!! what more could i ask for... and that too a car which is the best in its class...
for now, im on the look out for the best possible deal from the tvs guys... like you said ... the EII model would still be ok .. but is it adviceable to go for the EII instead of the EIII for a difference of 60K odd?
i get a rear spoiler and alloy on the EIII ... which are not of high priority to me... hope every thing else is the same with the EII and EIII...
Will check with the dealer this weekend and update you guys on this..
Old 9th September 2005, 18:24   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashKeezh
... i get a top end petra for less than the price of a base model accent or a baleno!!! what more could i ask for... and that too a car which is the best in its class...
You have finally articulated what most of us who bought the Petra don't say so openly or clearly.

I think the EII model sounds tempting, but to befrank for the EIII. Not that you will have problems with pollution and all, but just because the car is already almost 6 months old.
Old 9th September 2005, 18:38   #57
BHPian

thats true typeO,
its almost 6-7 months old.
but first i'll try to see that it had not been used as ademo car, and also that the car is in good shape (of coz its gonna be).. then may be if i can strike a good bargain with them, i may opt for the EII.
i definitely am on the look out for the best deal, afterall im a middle class indian ( who atleast is not bothered too much for FE, after 5 years with a 250CC jawa got it from my dad...almost stock haven't changed much.. there was this other thread .. for top speeds .. did a 120kmph on that jawa with a pillion rider... off topic
kip you guys informed on the petra... as and when things hapen..
Old 9th September 2005, 21:47   #58
Senior - BHPian

if the petra 1.6 E2 is so old you can still ask for more discounts. Ask them to give in some more freebies and maybe they will do that for you in a week or two.

but I will personally recommend E3 and you should not take the car without the stereo.Boy these dealers try to save their every penny. but I prefer to get a better stereo fitted from outside. instead go for stanley leathers and ask him to finalize it for 6 lacs.
Old 10th September 2005, 12:42   #59
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
instead go for stanley leathers
Please? Leather seats in Chennai? By any chance, if your A/C fails, you won't stand a chance!
Old 10th September 2005, 17:50   #60
Senior - BHPian

@hrag, I guess you are confusing leather seats with PU leather seats. Leather is natural breather which suits well in even hot conditions.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks