Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2005, 10:08   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
now that's one helluva excellent way to buy a new car. LOL! best of luck and post the pictures with your experience with the dealers soon.
also tell the dealers they are gonna be mentioned on the prestigious team-bhp.com
maybe you will get a better response than others.
i'll do that dev!!! i've already mentioned that i've 10-15 friends who have either a palio or a petra!!.. so they knew it was a group that crossed geographical boundaries ...
but nonetheless, i'll make sure they know what our forum is about and how we can spread word reg good service and bad too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative
Hey AK. Definitely wait till Monday. The rumours have started again. :(
typeO could you elaborate on that!!! coz, rumours have been around from time imemorial (atleast the roumours about fiat has been ) so is this something that needs to be worried about, i wouldn't want to repent taking a purchase, so please advice on the news that you had heard

thanks ak,
Old 29th September 2005, 10:17   #107
BHPian

typeO, i just read the post on the fiat exit plans!!! ...
i've come to a conclusion not to believe in the press!!! after almost 4 year of the channels and press, printing a news on a day, and contradicting the same the next!!! so unless the companies come out saying we have exit plans or alliance plans, we will definitely not know the true picture!!! so i'll prolly wait till things settle down, hope to have a clearer pic in a weeks time!!! coz, i'll be finializing the deal only after i come back from a trip to our HO... and that'll be the 7th or the 10th of oct...
right now i have time as a luxury!!! but for how long, we'll have to wait and see!!!

ak
Old 29th September 2005, 10:57   #108
Senior - BHPian

This drama is an awesome soap AK. Take your time. That is the best thing to do.
Old 30th September 2005, 15:21   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative
This drama is an awesome soap AK. Take your time. That is the best thing to do.
this has been more than a drama...
i don't know what exactly to say about fiat right now...
and will have to wait for my purchase.... lets see how things work out..
Old 30th September 2005, 15:29   #110
Senior - BHPian

Been talking to dealers AK. None of them seem to be perturbed. They are even incredulous. If Fiat is actually packing up, then it might come as news to the dealers too. And there is a new boss coming in.

Just wait another week I guess. But if this drama does not turn you away from Fiat, I will be surprised. On the other hand I might have surprised some people here too.
Old 30th September 2005, 15:35   #111
BHPian

you have to be prepared to be surprised!!! ...
coz i've got some assurances from the dealers that even (worst case) if fiat is closing shop, they would be servicing fiat cars, only the warranty would not be covered... but it really doesn't give us much chance of deciding in favor of a fiat car!!!

ak
Old 30th September 2005, 17:53   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

Don't worry bro,
Go for the Fiat and relax.
Chances of something going wrong during the warranty it self is very rare.
Nothing happened to Our nexia. It has had zero breakdowns even when Daewoo left there was nothing to worry about an none of our FIAT cars have reported problems till date.
But it would be better if you wait.
Old 1st October 2005, 04:47   #113
Senior - BHPian

infact its better if you buy your car in 2006. even if you buy the petra then buy it in 2006.

this way the car will be registered for 2006.
Old 7th October 2005, 12:32   #114
BHPian

hey guys!
just came back from a company party!!! was away from my PC for the whole week!!! so couldn't check the forum!!!
i got a call from the ford guys now, and got a new price for the 1.6 ZXi (fully loaded) ikon. the current OTR for the oct month is 5.81 L (and 5.66 L with corp disc)...
since i was out of the city, i couldn't meet the bankers for finalising the deal on the petra!!! hope to look into this too before i take the petra!!

hope im not dragging this too far!!!
thanks
ak
Old 8th October 2005, 01:09   #115
Senior - BHPian

wow what a twist. The Fiat dealer will be frustrated right now. HEheh
Old 8th October 2005, 01:14   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashKeezh
No amount of vaccilation is too far when you're buying your ride! Take your time and decide well.
Old 9th October 2005, 09:34   #117
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey Avinash,
Do let us know with your decision though the Petra still remains better overall because it is a better car overall.
Take your time and go for a long drive in both and then decide.
Old 9th October 2005, 18:44   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hey guys!
just came back from a company party!!! was away from my PC for the whole week!!! so couldn't check the forum!!!
i got a call from the ford guys now, and got a new price for the 1.6 ZXi (fully loaded) ikon. the current OTR for the oct month is 5.81 L (and 5.66 L with corp disc)...
since i was out of the city, i couldn't meet the bankers for finalising the deal on the petra!!! hope to look into this too before i take the petra!!

thanks
ak
Just try to find out that the new "reduced prices" are not a preclude to phasing out the 1.6...
Love the handling of the Ikon but somehow could never get to terms with the lack of space and the loads of road noise filtering in the cabin...maybe not enuf insulation...
Old 9th October 2005, 20:06   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan
Just try to find out that the new "reduced prices" are not a preclude to phasing out the 1.6...
I think they are, but it should'nt matter....Ford will continue to support it.

Once the Fiesta comes on board with the Duratec 1.6, the Rocam 1.6 will be put to rest and the 1.3 will be the only choice for the Ikon.
Old 10th October 2005, 04:32   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
you have to be prepared to be surprised!!! ...
coz i've got some assurances from the dealers that even (worst case) if fiat is closing shop, they would be servicing fiat cars, only the warranty would not be covered... but it really doesn't give us much chance of deciding in favor of a fiat car!!!

ak
Yup...in hyderabad Sureka continues to soldier on after they shutdown their dealership as a Fiat authorised service centre...
They never have a single part in stock and the mechanics are geenrally very free (at least they were last time I went there 1 year ago).
I get my uno serviced by a regular motor mechanic now...however never faced the problem of spares till now...plenty available in market generally....for som though yo need to go to the fiat dealership...but generally some jugaad is possible even if you dont get the original part

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks