Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2011, 15:05   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Buying a used Cedia a good decision?

A well maintained Cedia would be a great car to own, and it really helps that Ceida has poor resale value. Go for it if you are happy with the condition of the car. Do bargain hard.
Old 23rd December 2011, 01:15   #47
Senior - BHPian

Is there a basis for the below statement or is it one of the many generalized random statements that are increasingly floating around the forum these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
You will find yourselves wanting for spares
Old 23rd December 2011, 07:36   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
You will find yourselves wanting for spares although a nicely maintained Cedia would hardly give any trouble.
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Is there a basis for the below statement or is it one of the many generalized random statements that are increasingly floating around the forum these days.
Not sure about the basis of that statement, but in Bangalore after we test drove the Cedia, we spoke to one of the owners (of Black Cedia) whom i know through a friend. What he had to say was, rarely anything goes wrong with the car but knowing bangalore there are times because of inconsiderate road users you might need some parts replacement.

He had to wait for 3 weeks before the part arrived to be fixed, although it was not a critical part (meaning he could keep using the car, with some inconvenience).
Old 23rd December 2011, 09:29   #49
Senior - BHPian

^^ For that matter waiting 3 weeks is possible if the part is not in stock in India. Most of the parts are stocked in the UAE and that's the reason it needs that kind of time. I give an example of 'spares'. My car horn switch (the only obscure thing in this car) went bonkers and it just wouldn't stop blaring. I had to disconnect the horn and take to the dealer. He said the entire steering wheel had to be dismantled and the airbag+horn switch had to be replaced. And it would take approximately a month! Now until then do I drive without horn? that too in Chennai city? Answer came from the dealer. He replaced the entire steering wheel with a - stand-by or spare or old - whatever you want to call it - steering wheel, black in color though. It worked perfectly. He called when the original steering assembly was ready and 2 working days, I got the car back as good as original. And the car was under warranty and I got the whole thing free of cost.
I think not many car dealers do that!

Last edited by RajaTaurus : 23rd December 2011 at 09:33.
RajaTaurus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2011, 09:39   #50
Senior - BHPian

I'd list the parts I needed and time it took.

Front Bumper Brackets - 7-8 working days

Clocksprings, 3 times for three different cedias - 7-8 working days for 2 cars, 1 was readily available

Rear wheel hub (friend's cedia) - 7-8 days (cost 12k+)

Accelerator wire - one and a half month - actually the new parts ordering guy at asian motors was adding order wrongly. Once the order was put right, the part came in 8 days. However, it took me 2 visits to the ASC and then a 3 rd final visit to get it installed.

Parts such as suspension, clutch, brake pads, filters, plugs etc are readily available.

As I said earlier, with most major parts, expect a waiting of a week to 10 days. Something exceptional may get you stuck even for about 4-5 weeks.
Old 23rd December 2011, 09:44   #51
Senior - BHPian

^^^ Yes agreed, most critical parts that would stop the car, or make it almost unusable are available immediately (Like suspensions, gear box parts, and engine parts). There are others which if do not work cause some inconvenience sometimes are not available for few weeks.

So, now you almost have full details that you would need to take the plunge .
Old 23rd December 2011, 11:13   #52
Senior - BHPian

Wow you were lucky that it was in warranty! else it would have costed a rocket!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
^^ For that matter waiting 3 weeks is possible if the part is not in stock in India. Most of the parts are stocked in the UAE and that's the reason it needs that.....

you were right on spares being expensive, rear wheel hub at 12k+, my adventures rear wheel hub is about 2.5k...
btw how much did the accelerator cable cost?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
I'd list the parts I needed and time it took.

ith most major parts, expect a waiting of a week to 10 days. Something exceptional may get you stuck even for about 4-5 weeks.
yes my friend seems like i have all the info that i need now, spares being expensive if i end up picking a lemon then am gona have it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
^^^ Yes agreed, most critical parts that would stop the car, or make it almost unusable are available immediately (Like suspensions, gear box parts, and engine parts). There are others which if do not work cause some inconvenience sometimes are not available for few weeks.

So, now you almost have full details that you would need to take the plunge .
Old 23rd December 2011, 11:57   #53
Senior - BHPian

Company showrooms usually carry the regular spares in stock but the list is going down with time and you should be willing to wait. I own a 2003 lancer and I speak from experience. Also the quality of service has gone down considerably and atleast the Abad dealer has resorted to unfair practices and pricing.

But also to note is the point that Cedia is an easy to mod car with aftermarket spares easily available. Referring to my first statement, go crazy and mod the car.

It is worth every paisa of fun. But make sure the car you are looking for is well maintained.
devarshi84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2011, 12:10   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
you were right on spares being expensive, rear wheel hub at 12k+, my adventures rear wheel hub is about 2.5k...
btw how much did the accelerator cable cost?
Yup, spares are expensive. I have been quoted 19k for AC cooling coil of civic plus 4k for installation and gas.. Cedia wont be far off.. Even outside, I am getting the coil for about 7k plus 3k for gas and installation..

Accelerator wire for cedia costed 1,400. Engine & gear box mount of cedia is about 6-7k each.

Civic's engine mount costs 8k including labour and goes kaput every 20-50k kms max... and idler pully costs about 10k, again a problem with the car at home..

Some thing as small as Brake pads (front and rear) costs 7.5k and 9k for cedia and civic, respectively from ASC..

Quote:
yes my friend seems like i have all the info that i need now, spares being expensive if i end up picking a lemon then am gona have it..
You have to be very careful selecting these cars, picking up a lemon can cost you a lot.. Only way left then is to sell the car at a discount. But, the good part is, these cars will depreciate at 20-40k per annum from this price..So, even if you pick a lemon (after all the checks), you can sell it at a discount of 50k and get rid of it..

EDIT: there is this guy from Mumbai on FB selling his 2007 black cedia sports with 35k on the clock with some good ICE and accessories.. but asking is quite high, 5 lacs.. Here are some pics of the car..

Used Mitsubishi Cedia-samm.jpg

Used Mitsubishi Cedia-sam.jpg

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 23rd December 2011 at 12:29.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2011, 12:23   #55
Senior - BHPian

Are you aware of any deal that took place of an 07 or later Civic for less than 5L? I know the values have tanked down but is it this low now?

We are both talking Dilli market. In Bangalore, if you bargain hard, you can get one for 10 lakh

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please avoid quoting an entire large post. It inconveniences our small screen & mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 23rd December 2011 at 14:27.
Old 23rd December 2011, 12:25   #56
Senior - BHPian

Since you are upgrading from Fiat Adventure, to retain the advantages of such crossover vehicle, I suggest you to consider the Chevy Forester.
Parts are an issue but for most part the car is very reliable and nothing should break down (apart from the regular service parts)
If the usage is not much (< 1000 kms per month) the money you save in getting it at the bargain price will offset the petrol (+ low FE) disadvantage.
Old 23rd December 2011, 12:36   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Are you aware of any deal that took place of an 07 or later Civic for less than 5L? I know the values have tanked down but is it this low now?
ya, saw a 2007 S MT go for 4.9 lacs.. car had 87k on the clock..colour - maroon. Also saw an ad for 2008 purple S MT in HT classified for 5.5 lac, HR 26 number.. Me and Bhpian Ace 355 checked prices of few cars, 2007-08 and 3 months back and we had one black 08 S MT for 6.3 lacs negotiable..Have seen 06 go for 4.5ish.. Check HT classified on friday and sunday..

You wont believe but dealers are quoting 6-6.3 max lacs for my cousin's 2009 civic sports with 60k on the clock.. we thought of exchanging it for a used 2010 Cruze LTZ, which we were getting for 8.5 lacs (thats way below market price, but we knew the director whose car it was).. company vehicle..

Quote:
In Bangalore, if you bargain hard, you can get one for 10 lakh

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 23rd December 2011 at 12:40.
Old 23rd December 2011, 12:48   #58
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post

We are both talking Dilli market. In Bangalore, if you bargain hard, you can get one for 10 lakh
I hope you're joking mate!

If I remember correctly, Mitsubishi was trying to sell the Cedia at a price even below 10 lakhs several years ago. I'm sure if you bargain hard in Bangalore, you could get a decently maintained Cedia for as low as 3 lakhs. It's a great car, but even the general public knows about the lack-lustrous after-sales-service.

And our '06 Civic S with 50k on the clock would go for nothing more than 5.5 lakhs, even though it's very well maintained.

Cars have started depreciating a lot harder, the last few years.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 23rd December 2011 at 12:55.
Old 23rd December 2011, 12:56   #59
Senior - BHPian

thanks, Car seems to be good but as you said asking price is bit to high..

Quote:
Yup, spares are expensive. I have been quoted 19k for AC cooling coil of civic plus 4k for installation and gas.. Cedia wont be far off.. Even outside, I am getting the coil for about 7k plus 3k for gas and installation..
Yes, Forester would have been a good buy but am not sure how much a used one can be bought for??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Since you are upgrading from Fiat Adventure, to retain the advantages of such crossover vehicle, I suggest you to consider the Chevy Forester.
this car is on TBHP classified for 4.5 lacs.....wish i could have a look at this car
anybody in Mumbai who can check it for me

Quote:

Accelerator wire for cedia costed 1,400. Engine & gear box mount of cedia is about 6-7k each.

You have to be very careful selecting these cars, picking up a lemon can cost you a lot.. Only way left then is to sell the car at a discount. But, the good part is, these cars will depreciate at 20-40k per annum from this price..So, even if you pick a lemon (after all the checks), you can sell it at a discount of 50k and get rid of it..

EDIT: there is this guy from Mumbai on FB selling his 2007 black cedia sports with 35k on the clock with some good ICE and accessories.. but asking is quite high, 5 lacs.. Here are some pics of the car..

Attachment 859821

Attachment 859822

What difference/improvements does Sports version has compared to Evolution?

- Any changes in Engine/gearbox?
- Any difference in suspensions?
- Interiors?

How's the "rear seat" comfort, leg room, this is very essential.

Last edited by Amartya : 23rd December 2011 at 16:19. Reason: Back-to-back posts. Merged.
Old 23rd December 2011, 14:34   #60
Senior - BHPian

Re: Used Mitsubishi Cedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Yes, Forester would have been a good buy but am not sure how much a used one can be bought for??
this car is on TBHP classified for 4.5 lacs.....wish i could have a look at this car
anybody in mumbai who can check it for me
I suggest you look for example with KA registration. You may get a example with around 50K on the odo for around 4-5 lacs

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks