Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2023, 12:17   #316
BHPian

Re: The right way to play Badminton

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRandomGuy View Post
I feel I am a beginner just on the verge of getting to intermediate level.

Also, why do you say smaller head is better for beginners? Wouldnt a smaller head be difficult to use for a beginner as it reduces the contact area and hence more missed shots?
I'm just quoting what my friend said when I asked him about your query! He was right beside me when I was typing!

Makes me think, I think a bigger head is better in my opinion! What you are saying is pretty accurate tho! So chuck the Z-Ziggler bro! Just get the Finapi 232, not the Limited! Get it strung with Yonex BG65 at a tension of 25LBS. 25LBS should be perfect for that racquet cause I'm also at 25LBS and increasing the tension to something like 28LBS or 30LBS have chances of breaking the racquet! 25LBS is like a sweet spot! It can be changed on a later date if you want!
Old 30th September 2023, 14:24   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova.19_exe View Post
I'm just quoting what my friend said when I asked him about your query! He was right beside me when I was typing!

Makes me think, I think a bigger head is better in my opinion! What you are saying is pretty accurate tho! So chuck the Z-Ziggler bro! Just get the Finapi 232, not the Limited! Get it strung with Yonex BG65 at a tension of 25LBS. 25LBS should be perfect for that racquet cause I'm also at 25LBS and increasing the tension to something like 28LBS or 30LBS have chances of breaking the racquet! 25LBS is like a sweet spot! It can be changed on a later date if you want!
haha cool, 25 is good enough? I was thinking 27 would be a good fit. This racket is rated for 38LBS, it cant withstand 28 also?
Old 30th September 2023, 16:45   #318
BHPian

Quote:
haha cool, 25 is good enough? I was thinking 27 would be a good fit. This racket is rated for 38LBS, it cant withstand 28 also?
See, there is no problem with going that high.. But I would say, avoid ego-stringing! Just don't go high tension just because you can. Keep it simple!

It will withstand. It's rated 38LBS max. But you never know! The racquet won't tell when it's breaking.. Play it safe!
Old 30th September 2023, 17:35   #319
BHPian

Quote:
Don't go by the max rated LBS.. If you are starting out 22/23 should be good enough.. lesser the tension more area you will get for your mishits.
shashant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2023, 22:42   #320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashant View Post
Don't go by the max rated LBS.. If you are starting out 22/23 should be good enough.. lesser the tension more area you will get for your mishits.
I am not starting out.. Been playing for an year now. Feel I am on the verge of being an intermediate player.

As nova.19_exe suggested, 25 should be good enough for me.
TheRandomGuy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2023, 14:21   #321
BHPian

Quote:
I am not starting out.. Been playing for an year now. Feel I am on the verge of being an intermediate player.

As nova.19_exe suggested, 25 should be good enough for me.
Yes, so 25LBS should be perfect. But if in case, you feel like you want more or you wanna go down a lil, you can always do that.

25LBS is to familiarize you with your racquet!

Happy shuttling!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks