Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2014, 22:48   #226
Senior - BHPian

Please note the veterans nationals is at bhopal february end and the last date for entries is jan 29.BAI ID is mandatory or the player must have applied for one to participate.More details on the website www.badmintonindia.org
Old 16th January 2014, 22:58   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Please note the veterans nationals is at bhopal february end and the last date for entries is jan 29.BAI ID is mandatory or the player must have applied for one to participate.More details on the website www.badmintonindia.org
Ranjit I can't send u pm.. Ur inbox is full
Old 17th January 2014, 11:32   #228
Senior - BHPian

Re: The right way to play Badminton

Quote:
Originally Posted by khadoos baby View Post
Wow. You go to gopichand axademy. I think coaches there ll be best people to answer all your mentioned questions.
I just go there coz its close to home and office. I don't take any coaching there. Even if I want to take coaching, it's not possible as all coaching slots are already full. I have even heard that there is a 2 year waiting period for kids. It seems after the success of Saina and others, all parents here want to make their kids badminton players. There is a huge rush!
Old 17th January 2014, 11:36   #229
BHPian

Having youngsters taking the sport seriously is good for Indian badminton!

My eyes lit up, when I read you go to Gopichand Academy to practice. Lucky guy!

You can just watch them play/practice and am sure you will learn, absorb and adapt so much more.

I too am playing it as a hobby and your choice of racquet should come from experts aboard this forum.
Old 17th January 2014, 17:24   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csateesh View Post
@ranjitp here you go !!

This is the one which is good
http://www.jabong.com/Asics-Domain-2...es-485506.html

While this one is just out of the world
http://www.jabong.com/Asics-Gel-Sens...es-485505.html

Happy shopping !! If you have anyone returning from US you can definitely get it lot more cheaper

http://www.amazon.com/ASICS-GEL-SENS...s+gel+sensei+4

It fits so snug that you should wear it to experience it.

Cheers
Can you just tell me difference between the two asics shoes . Performance or weight etc???
Old 17th January 2014, 17:38   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khadoos baby View Post
Can you just tell me difference between the two asics shoes . Performance or weight etc???
It is the fit and cushioning !! As simple as that
Old 17th January 2014, 18:15   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csateesh View Post
It is the fit and cushioning !! As simple as that
What I want to know is if you have used either or both and what difference you found btw them.
Old 22nd January 2014, 10:32   #233
BHPian

Am getting - Asic's Domain 2 Blue for 5000 while the same is available for 5999/- on some websites.

Do you reckon this pair is good for my fragile ankles and knees? Bear in mind I will be playing on concrete (paver blocks) surface!

S
Old 22nd January 2014, 10:48   #234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saildrive View Post
Am getting - Asic's Domain 2 Blue for 5000 while the same is available for 5999/- on some websites.

Do you reckon this pair is good for my fragile ankles and knees? Bear in mind I will be playing on concrete (paver blocks) surface!

S
Compare it with Yonex SC5 which is also 5K and see which of the two you are more comfortable in.
Old 22nd January 2014, 11:04   #235
BHPian

ASIC domain 2 blue is a great shoe and if compared to scs5 , I would suggest you to go for it. It's better fit n lighter than sc5. Sc5 is heavier because of extra cushion. But tht blue ASIC is pathetic looking , so no show points against yonex sc5.
Old 22nd January 2014, 12:12   #236
BHPian

Thanks Ranjit & KB

Would you be knowing a good place to string my racquet in Mumbai? and how much would it cost?

S
Old 22nd January 2014, 12:19   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Ranjit & KB Would you be knowing a good place to string my racquet in Mumbai? and how much would it cost? S
Almost all major sports stores ll string racket.
Cost depends on type of string.
Cheapest is yonex bg65. For tension, check your racket, it ll be printed somewhere on racket.
You ll get it in 2-6 hrs and from as cheap as 350 bucks.
Old 22nd January 2014, 13:19   #238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Ranjit & KB

Would you be knowing a good place to string my racquet in Mumbai? and how much would it cost?

S
Just as KB mentioned,do it some place close to your house so that you can pick it up.All the places do a decent job.I got it strung at Champion and Total and found both to be good enough.I usually get it strung at the upper limit ,but the downside is if you are playing doubles,and if you run a risk of a clash(playing with not so good players or players who forget that they are playing doubles and not singles),then if the racquet is at a high tension the frame may just crack!A safe tension for almost all yonex racquets is around 18-20,the shops to be on the safer side always string it at 18-20 so that the customer does not go back to them saying "string snapped so fast-your quality is not good!!".I string my racquets at around 24 at the moment.

my suggestion is that as long as one thinks they are at an beginner/intermediate level of play,its best to string it at 20-22lbs.Higher the tension,more the skill and control needed to control the bird as higher tension would result in more power,so if a player is somebody who already has a powerful arm/shoulder etc,then the higher tensions would add to the zing hence the need to have better skill to control the play.Say for instance APACS Virtuoso 30/50 has a permissible tension level of 36!!!
Old 30th January 2014, 12:51   #239
BANNED

I never thought I would bump into badminton thread on TBHP. Great.

One advice. How is the Flypower Attack Power 1 racquet? I have bought one recently but am unable to find anything about it through Google. Thanks in advance.
Old 7th March 2014, 10:33   #240
BHPian

Looking for a badminton shoes within 2.5 k range.
Anyone who uses Yonex World Champ Sc 4 Badminton Shoes (Rs. 2500) ? I would like to know the durability and grip of the same. If that's not a good one I'm planning to blindly go for 'Nivia Appeal Court Shoes' (Rs. 1300) for the time being.

Most Viewed