Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2024, 00:36   #2506
BHPian

Re: The Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
What a fairytale ending it could have been for Coventry but for that hairline offside. To come back from 0-3 down to restoring parity and then dominating the closing minutes, amazing game of football.

They are at 8th spot in the championship, don't know if it's still possible but this performance should give them heart.
They should've won as that offside was a disgrace. Felt like a win that is a loss. Its so sad to see what ETH is doing to this team. But hey the Dutch coaches are usually very stubborn.

In other news Leverkusen equalised against Dortmund at 90'+8' if that's not some sort of voodoo I don't know what is.

Last edited by digitalnirvana : 22nd April 2024 at 00:49.
digitalnirvana is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2024, 06:51   #2507
Team-BHP Support

Man United should introspect on how time and time again they manage to squander a position of strength to end up with mud on their faces. It's always the last 10-15 minutes that they just seem to loiter around and get hit hard.

Oh well, atleast we know who's going to win the FA Cup.
benbsb29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2024, 02:02   #2508
BHPian

Arsenal whipping Chelsea, already 5-0 with another 20 minutes to go.
hothatchaway is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2024, 01:52   #2509
Distinguished - BHPian

Manuel Neuer stands tall, it seems he will be the reason if Bayern does go through but Vinicius Jr might still ruin the party, what a player !

Edit: And Davies scores a stunner on the counterattack.

Edit: One error by Neuer and the game is even again !!

What a game of football !

Last edited by ABHI_1512 : 9th May 2024 at 02:16.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2024, 02:43   #2510
Mik
BHPian

Crazy finish to the game.
Somehow Real find a way. Tuchel has been a disaster for Bayern and his substitution of Kane made zero sense.
Real vs Dortmund final will be fun if the good Dortmund turns up to play.
Old 22nd May 2024, 11:39   #2511
BHPian

What a bunch of morons are running Chelsea football club now. Just when things started getting better and we looked set for a top 4 finish next season, Pochettino gets sacked!
There were so many times this season where our players and defence especially looked clueless and I also wished for him to get sacked then. But there were so many first team players injured throughout the season and in the end, he made the needed adjustments and finally started to make this team tick.
Wonder how will club get a manager remarkably better than him now, who needs to again assess the team, start implementing his playstyle. Sad for players as well, who had started to love Poch finally and used to his playstyle.
Old 23rd May 2024, 11:48   #2512
Team-BHP Support

Leverkusen are finally beaten, on a night that can rightfully be dubbed The Ademola Lookman Show. A hat-trick in a continental final for the talented young man, with 3 exquisite finishes.

What a story for Atalanta, a club based in quaint little Bergamo, forever in the shadow of Italian footballing giants, one that sends a club shirt to every newborn in town hoping they'll be a supporter one day.

Take a bow, Gian Piero Gasperini. Turned perpetual relegation candidates to European competition regulars, playing football any fanbase would be proud of, and delivering a major trophy to a club that hadn't won one since the silver-haired gentleman was 5 years old himself.

Leverkusen can be proud of their season, and can yet round it off with a domestic double over the weekend.

Football, the beautiful game.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th May 2024, 18:26   #2513
Team-BHP Support

What a hot mess Barcelona have turned into!

January

Quote:
Xavi: I'm leaving.
Laporta: Ok.
April

Quote:
Laporta: Please stay.
Xavi: Hmm...
Laporta: Here, sign an extension.
Xavi: Ok.
May

Quote:
Laporta: Actually, you know what, get out!

Chelsea having to up their game to be the best summer circus act in Europe.

Edit: Reportedly, a €10m+ sacking! I'll use my second allowed emoji:

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 25th May 2024 at 00:07.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th May 2024, 02:12   #2514
Team-BHP Support

The Football Thread-img_4166.jpeg

As a ManU supporter, I didn't see this coming. Ten Hag may just have earned himself another lifeline, perhaps?

Beating Man City of all teams to lift the FA Cup is the sweetest revenge.
benbsb29 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th May 2024, 10:18   #2515
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post

As a ManU supporter, I didn't see this coming...
Another demonstration of - and something the shrill pundits and telecasters should never forget - football isn't played on paper, it's done on the pitch; or no underdog would ever have a chance.

Irrespective of what happens to Ten Hag, his treatment throughout the FA Cup final broadcast was disgraceful, with constant speculation and questions over his future, even in post-match interviews.

They should let the man have his moment, you don't win a Cup final everyday, much less beat one of the best teams in club football to do it. But happy stories don't grab eyeballs like intrigue and speculation, sadly.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2024, 10:39   #2516
BHPian

Can anyone here explain what credibility does Kompany has to become Bayern's coach?
With so many good coaches still available, I am not still not able to understand why Bayern Munich thought that the Kompany is the person?

Meanwhile, everyday is bringing some new news about coaches now. Xavi sacking, Erik Ten Hag not sure about his continuation with United, De Zerbi quitting Brighton, Tuchel quitting Bayern Munich, and the list continues.

Probably this is the first time I have been reading more news on coaches than players

Last edited by Axe77 : 26th May 2024 at 12:25. Reason: Too many typos and acronyms. Please revisit our forum rules. Thank you.
kavensri is offline   Received Infraction
Old 27th May 2024, 07:08   #2517
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Attachment 2609571

As a ManU supporter, I didn't see this coming. Ten Hag may just have earned himself another lifeline, perhaps?

Beating Man City of all teams to lift the FA Cup is the sweetest revenge.
No I think Erik Ten Hag is a goner. He is not able to manage the costliest players in the squad (the likes of Sancho, Maguire etc) and these days players wield lot of power especially as moving players out won't be so easy (as they are on very high wages so selling them is very tough) Manager would have to go in this case. I am hearing Poch may replace him (not bad if you ask me).

Ten Hag has done well in his 2 years here if you ask me (developed young players like Garnacho and Mainoo) so he has been better than most of our recent managers but football world is harsh unfortunately.

Last edited by Axe77 : 27th May 2024 at 07:17. Reason: Typo / spacing / abbreviation.
Old 27th May 2024, 11:44   #2518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
No I think Erik Ten Hag is a goner. He is not able to manage the costliest players in the squad (the likes of Sancho, Maguire etc) and these days players wield lot of power especially as moving players out won't be so easy (as they are on very high wages so selling them is very tough) Manager would have to go in this case. I am hearing Poch may replace him (not bad if you ask me).
Poch struggled with player power too in PSG. When manager receives proper backing then player power can be curbed. We don't see player power in Mancity,Liverpool,Arsenal. The Moment something is off they bin that player. Besides I don't think it is logical to replace someone who won two trophies in two seasons with someone who never won in England.

We have seen ManUtd backtrack on decisions based on public opinion so maybe they will keep Erik.

Last edited by Revvatron : 27th May 2024 at 11:45.
Revvatron is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2024, 16:40   #2519
BHPian

My biggest gripe with Erik Ten Hag is that after two seasons we still don't have a defined style of play. Play from the back', but it didn't work most of the time. Forget the style, on many occasions the players looked like headless chickens. Passing has been atrocious all season because they don't have receivers in positions where they can comfortably receive it, resulting in attempted risky passes that eventually lead to opposition goals.

Injuries and a lack of quality from the bench haven't helped. But there are certain things that do not look right. Not playing Amad when he was better than the other wingers and giving Antony so many chances. Not having a plan B and being stubborn with his decisions is also a problem for me.

The board and the INEOS group must be tearing their hair out right now and Berrada and Ashworth haven't even arrived yet but their heads must be spinning. On the one hand they're not sure if EtH is the right man to take the club forward, but on the other hand it doesn't seem logical to sack him and start the 'rebuilding' process all over again with a new manager. The availability of Roberto De Zerbi, Tuchel, Thomas Frank, Pochetinno and especially McKenna could be tempting. McKenna knows the club inside out.

Bruno, Mainoo, Garnacho, Amad, Hojlund, Onana and Martinez shall form the core of the team and we shall building around this core. Dalot, Maguire, Van Bissaka can be bench options, everyone else can go in my book, including Rashford.
Old 29th May 2024, 15:44   #2520
Distinguished - BHPian

No buzz for the Euros?!

The 2022 World Cup made me a fan again, thoroughly enjoyed watching a lot of matches, including the forever tense final with shaky mobile data on a train journey! I fell in love with (watching!) football again, so now looking forward to the Euros, despite the inconvenient broadcast timings.

Who will win? Italy and Germany seem in disarray. Spain doesn't seem likely, so I'm thinking France, easily. Or perhaps it's England or Croatia's time finally?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks