Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2023, 12:25   #2461
BHPian

Re: The Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
What are the odds that two of ManUtd's players who have copped a lot of flak in recent times helped them win the last Champions League match - Maguire and Onana.

Not a convincing win, but they scraped through, nevertheless.

All their wins have been like this, their losses on the other hand, oh boy! Players have dropped their levels, EtH seem to be too stubborn to tinker with formations, and to add insult to injury, oh well, most of the players are out injured. It's been a long time since EtH was able to field his first-choice players.

In terms of players, Case and Ericssen are past their prime, Mount is still struggling to fit in, Sancho is out of the picture, Hojlund is still waiting for the pass from his wingers/creative midfielders, Bruno is frustrated and frustrating on the wing. I shudder to think of this weekend.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 30th October 2023 at 05:38. Reason: Fixed broken quote tag.
tchsvy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2023, 05:40   #2462
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchsvy View Post
All their wins have been like this, their losses on the other hand, oh boy!

I shudder to think of this weekend.
The Manchester derby was pretty much a one-sided affair.
I felt the penalty was a bit harsh, and if not for Onana's saves, the scoreline would have been a lot worse.

As the commentator said, Haaland alone has scored more goals than the entire ManUtd team this season.
Old 30th October 2023, 10:50   #2463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
The Manchester derby was pretty much a one-sided affair.
I felt the penalty was a bit harsh, and if not for Onana's saves, the scoreline would have been a lot worse.

As the commentator said, Haaland alone has scored more goals than the entire ManUtd team this season.
OT: Paul Pogba's brother has claimed that Paul buried a hyena to curse Man Utd, whatever it is this team is cursed beyond belief!

The team has been in 'rebuild' mode under 4/5 managers now, it's getting beyond frustrating. The results are bad enough, but the way they are losing is unbelievable. They can't string few passes together, yesterday they were running around like headless chickens, with no direction, especially in the final third. It's not just about goals, it's about getting into the opposition box, that's where the problems lie, after Bruno and Amrabat it's Onana who has made more passes into the opposition box!

I am not sure if the players lack motivation, or if the manager is the problem (again!), or if the general standard at Carrington and Old Trafford has dropped so low that nobody cares any more.

On and off the pitch, there is complete and utter disarray and the situation is hopeless.
Old 30th October 2023, 14:08   #2464
BHPian

This club needs major reboot in terms of players. Even though the buck stops with manager at the end, I think it is the players who are not following the directions. We have seen in few games like Tottenham, Arsenal and Bayern were they were good and sticking to plan for 20 mins or so but then they would drop off. And across the managers it is these players who are the constants. But if manager is not able to whip them into shape then manager has to take the blame as well, not to mention the weird decisions he is making.
Ten hag had time and yet united is playing counter attacking football against mid and lower table teams which is unacceptable. We have seen other clubs hiring managers and team started to play accordingly, why can't this happen with United
Revvatron is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2023, 16:14   #2465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvatron View Post
This club needs major reboot in terms of players. Even though the buck stops with manager at the end, I think it is the players who are not following the directions. We have seen in few games like Tottenham, Arsenal and Bayern were they were good and sticking to plan for 20 mins or so but then they would drop off. And across the managers it is these players who are the constants. But if manager is not able to whip them into shape then manager has to take the blame as well, not to mention the weird decisions he is making.
Ten hag had time and yet united is playing counter attacking football against mid and lower table teams which is unacceptable. We have seen other clubs hiring managers and team started to play accordingly, why can't this happen with United
Licha, Rapha, Case, Amrabat, Mount, Onana, Hojlund, who form the core of the team now, except Bruno i.e., were bought in the last 2/3 windows. Licha, Amrabat, Onana, Antony etc have worked under EtH and know his game plan, that is the reason the club went with his word when they brought them to the club. Yet, the drop in their performances can be seen clearly. For all the criticism he received for buying (unknown) players left, right and centre, Todd Boehly has been more involved with the team and reportedly went to the dressing room to give piece of his mind when they were underperforming. At United, there is nobody to take the responsibility, the Glazers are only bothered about the figures and run the club as a business, but they need to understand that at this rate Utd will lose all its sponsorships and followers rather soon. I am not sure what Ineos and Ratcliffe can do with this club.
Old 3rd December 2023, 11:22   #2466
BHPian

After recent performances as a Manchester United fan, is there a support group/ therapy sessions for us
Revvatron is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2023, 12:52   #2467
BHPian

Quote:
After recent performances as a Manchester United fan, is there a support group/ therapy sessions for us
They have simply lost how they were in the glory days. Even after Ronaldo was dismissed I felt things would change but they haven't. Consistency is a myth in this side. Given how they have been playing, the simplest decision for you would be to change sides and cross into City territories.
Old 3rd December 2023, 12:57   #2468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-innova-guy View Post
They have simply lost how they were in the glory days. Even after Ronaldo was dismissed I felt things would change but they haven't. Consistency is a myth in this side. Given how they have been playing, the simplest decision for you would be to change sides and cross into City territories.
Unfortunately fans can't do that. The best I tried was to not watch the match at all but it being a weekend I always end up turning the TV on and get heart broken. The worst part was that result against Newcastle was inevitable, so I preponed my drive which was suppose to be on Sunday night so that I can totally avoid it. Earlier this feeling was only against Man City or Liverpool, now even against Newcastle,Villa etc.,
Old 3rd December 2023, 13:58   #2469
Distinguished - BHPian

^ Don't follow social media pre-game hype. Avoid watching live matches no matter how optimistic you feel. Just follow the action/analysis after the match - still a great way to follow your club without all the depression stuff. I agree watching a match live is fun but man it ruins my mood and health (due to late night match times) when the team is consistently awful.
androdev is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2023, 16:22   #2470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
I agree watching a match live is fun but man it ruins my mood and health (due to late night match times) when the team is consistently awful.
True that, especially the champions league games. Up until 2-3 pm only to see such performance and then struggle the next day. The only reason kept watching late night was because not sure when they will be in CL again
Old 3rd December 2023, 17:07   #2471
BHPian

I've been a fan of United since the start of the 1998 season. Even till now, my favourite footballer remains as Ryan Giggs.

I regularly watch the matches as much as possible.

Earlier, it used to be for enjoyment of the game and the style of play. Now it's to build character and patience. I'm so Zen this season.
Old 4th December 2023, 05:44   #2472
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
If we were to form one now, we'd have a mad dash of members willing to join and vent. The CL performance against Galatasaray was mind-boggling - Onana's gaffes taking the cake. It hurts to see such poor performance despite the occasional wins. Their CL performances this season has been painful to watch and I suppose i speak for most of us.

The loss to Newcastle.. less said the better.

On the bright side, I take solace in the fact that I do not sacrifice my sleep to watch these games, I just catch up with the highlights and news articles.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 4th December 2023 at 05:46. Reason: Typo corrected.
benbsb29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2024, 20:43   #2473
BHPian

Bringing this thread back to life; isn't anyone following the EPL and the CL? The EPL is set up for a mouthwatering finish with very little separating the top 3 ie Liverpool, City and Arsenal. Foden is in breathtaking form and the way he destroyed cross town rivals Man United last weekend should send a message to Jurgen Klopp ahead of the upcoming clash. Arsenal are also in sublime form and are decimating the smaller teams, but their real test will come against City.

The UEFA Champions League action is also heating up with Kane dragging Bayern into the last 8. Some exciting games ahead.
Old 6th March 2024, 21:11   #2474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
Bringing this thread back to life; isn't anyone following the EPL and the CL? The EPL is set up for a mouthwatering finish with very little separating the top 3 ie Liverpool, City and Arsenal. Foden is in breathtaking form and the way he destroyed cross town rivals Man United last weekend should send a message to Jurgen Klopp ahead of the upcoming clash. Arsenal are also in sublime form and are decimating the smaller teams, but their real test will come against City.

The UEFA Champions League action is also heating up with Kane dragging Bayern into the last 8. Some exciting games ahead.
I am following top 5 leagues in Europe plus UCL and Europa league.
Coming to EPL, though I am a city fan, I must appreciate the youngsters in the LIV team. With Klopp leaving at the end of this season, I guess each and every player in that team is extra motivated to win the league this season.
And not only the competition is heating up at the top 3, there is a mini competition for 4th place and then 18th place as well.
Coming to UCL, this season could be most open tournament with none of the teams can be called as clear favorite.
kavensri is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2024, 21:34   #2475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
I am following top 5 leagues in Europe plus UCL and Europa league.
Coming to EPL, though I am a city fan, I must appreciate the youngsters in the LIV team. With Klopp leaving at the end of this season, I guess each and every player in that team is extra motivated to win the league this season.
And not only the competition is heating up at the top 3, there is a mini competition for 4th place and then 18th place as well.
Coming to UCL, this season could be most open tournament with none of the teams can be called as clear favorite.
Klopp has done a phenomenal job with the youngsters at Liverpool. They were good enough to beat an almost full strength Chelsea side in the Carabao finals. I especially like the full back Bradley Connor, very versatile and can play upfield too.

Re CL, I think it may just once again boil down to City and Inter, with the latter looking much much better this year.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks