Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2006, 09:09   #31
BHPian

I am very picky when it comes to heavy metal. So my list is short. But I do keep listening to find new favourites. These are some I've been listening to so far:
Rob Zombie/White Zombie
Korn
Saliva
Creed
Nickelback
Linkin Park
The Offspring
Old 7th February 2006, 10:04   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
Wrong Wrong Wrong.
Do not confuse metal with Hard rock.
Aerosmith, Iron Maiden and even ozzy are not metal they are hard rock bands. Infact its very difficult to find a "British" metal band, most of the metal bands like Judas Priest, Blind guardian. Slayer, Pantera etc., are US based. Technically speaking Metal is a very very violent form of hard rock.
wrong wrongwrong wrong -

actually as a genre it is a very dfficultto define Heavy metal .
the foremost definition is actually a tribute to the forefathers and founder of heavy metal - Black Sabbath - the Sabbath sound as we know it was more of a Doom Metal ..it is confusing becuase the founders never played the same styles of metal..

a modern definition of of heavy metal would be -
led by mid range to high vocals , anthemic choruses ,wheedling guitars ,heavy ,dry bass riffs and speedy drumming ...
and they are not always violent in nature ...

As for british bands ...heavy metal legends were pure english Black Sabbath , Judas Priest ,Iron Maiden...
Following their lead altough with Cradle of Filth argueably the best Black Metal band ever ...

Americans , produce good death metal bands and industrial music ..black and pure metal always came from europe ..Children of Bodom is swedish ..beautiful power metal ,they sing tolken poetry ...
Old 7th February 2006, 10:08   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?ushk@r
Man...came to know that Korn is shifting from Rock to Hip-Hop Dont know wats up wid them
hey Korn is typically is SKA metal - rap core

Korn jus has one track with Nas in the new album ,in Follow the leader they had a track with Ice Cube nothing more hip hop than that...both those tracks rocked ....but this one is one of heaviest albums by them ...has a lot of old korn we used to know element ...
Old 7th February 2006, 10:31   #34
Senior - BHPian

How many Jimi Hnedrix fans here? I am one.....just gotta love that guy......
Old 7th February 2006, 12:57   #35
BHPian

Oh man... I was waiting to see if someone would mention Blue Oyster Cult!! Good boy adit! I just love Don't fear the reaper!!! I missed adding NIN, Manson, RATM, skidrow, BRMC (Black Rebel Motorcycle Club), Audioslave, Bush, Rush, Deftones, Incubus (awesome drummer!), Lamb Of God, Machine Head, Moist, Mr. Big (listen to Addicted to that rush... guaranteed to drive you insane!), Mudvayne and as a single I like Our Lady Peace's Whatever, Phish, RHCP, Soundgarden (!!!!), The Who (how could anyone forget em!), the cult, STP, steppenwolf (esp his born to be wild!) to my list! Dont much care korn and silverchair! Sum41 and Blink182, are too punk'ish for me, but their drummers are extreme. Esp. Travis Barker, he's awesome!

Godspeed.

Alok.
Old 7th February 2006, 13:04   #36
Senior - BHPian

Ohh ohhh i love The Who ..
deftones !! Orgy !! Sevendust !! Machine Head !!Gravity kills !!Anathema !!
no one mentioned Rammstein..i was hoping they'd be popular ..
Old 7th February 2006, 15:05   #37
BHPian

I did mention Rammstein ...and yes I quite like them ....Engel, Du Hast are great!
Old 7th February 2006, 16:15   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhay
I did mention Rammstein ...and yes I quite like them ....Engel, Du Hast are great!
Yeah Du Hast is fabulous! Heard xXx OST - Bang Bang? I luv this song!!

Also, did u hear the "Barbie girl" song of Rammstein?? LOL...itz damn funny!

Last edited by ?ushk@r : 7th February 2006 at 16:17.
Old 7th February 2006, 16:31   #39
BHPian

Yeah the xXx song is good too - Fueur Frei !
Dont think I have heard the Barbie one....plenty of good ones Asche zu Asche, Mutter, Du riechst so gut, Heirate mich..
Old 7th February 2006, 23:06   #40
Senior - BHPian

Rammsteins new single Rosenrot is out ...i downloaded the album ...

i love Spiel Mit mier , tier , eiifesucht ,senshust , bestraffe mich ...

Children of bodom came out with their version of Britney Spears -"Hit me baby one more time ".. for the first two days i downloaded that album i was listening just to that track...wasnt funny but heavy as hell ..so is their Cover of the Final Countdown...

anybody heard Hallowed Be thy name ?? by Cradle of Filth ?
Old 14th February 2006, 07:19   #41
Senior - BHPian

Marilyn Mansons Wedding !!

Heavy Metal News ...

Marilyn Manson married is long time girlfriend Dita Von teese in Ireland ...

Quote:
"Everyone expected Manson and Dita to have some sort of crazy vampire wedding, but anyone who knows the couple knew it would be the classy, stylish affair that it was," a wedding guest tells PEOPLE. "They are totally in love."
to read more follow this link - http://celebrity.aol.com/people/atao...137134,00.html
Old 14th February 2006, 10:21   #42

Hey ppl !! Wassup !!
I was amazed and happy to see a heavy-metal thread in a Automobile forum !!

Its awesome !! so many Slayer fans here as well !!!!

So, anyways, I had head last year that Megadeth was planning to tour in India. Any truth to this news ?!!
Old 14th February 2006, 22:53   #43
BHPian

I'm more into classic, hard and glam rock (Led Zep, DP, Gn'R , Poison, Alice Cooper, Kiss, Aerosmith, Skid Row, Cinderella, Lyn Skyn, Hendrix, Dream Theater, Queensryche, rainbow...could go on and on ....)

In metal my favourite would be Dio by far - simply the best voice and music arrangements.
Others are

Maiden
Priest
Megadeth
Metallica - old

Im not fond of neo-metal and what passes as rock these days - with the exception of The Darkness perhaps...

Quote:
So, anyways, I had head last year that Megadeth was planning to tour in India. Any truth to this news ?!!
Dunno about this but Maiden had stated in that they wanted to tiour Indi a- this was around 4 years back - nothing ever materialised :(

btw,www.hardradio.com is a must for all metal and rock fans - interviews, previews, streaming audio, reviews , upcoming releases, tour info - it's all there.

And i'm gonna get shot for this but guess who i hate the most - Kurt effin cobain and his 'noise factory' called Nirvana ! Shot himself and immortalised himself - cant stand alternative and grunge.

Rock on folks !
Old 15th February 2006, 17:15   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_lover
anybody heard Hallowed Be thy name ?? by Cradle of Filth ?
Ye... I did. I have it's vid too. I don't know if it's the real COF cover video of Hallowed be thy name though, cause this S!-!iT is an anime vid... gory to the bone! But the double bass in this version kicks more hiney than the Iron Maiden version!

Godspeed.

Alok.
Old 23rd April 2006, 16:52   #45
BHPian

Speaking of hallowed be thy name....has anyone heard the fear of the dark cover? Its simply awesome.....I love the way he screams mother******* after the violins stop....and zaphod stfu cobain and nirvana both rule!

Last edited by TributE : 23rd April 2006 at 16:53.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks