Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2018, 09:32   #1771
BHPian

Re: The Mutual Funds Thread

Hey Guys,
I was trying to register L&T mutual funds as a biller in icici bank. Normally for SIP registration you just need to add urn no provided by the mutual fund house.
However while adding L&T, in consumer identification details it is also asking for consumer PAN details. I am bit confused here. Does it requires my PAN no or L&T mutual fund house PAN no.
This is the first time I am registering L&T , for other funds have never faced any issue. Can someone help me in this regard.
Old 2nd January 2018, 16:50   #1772
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
Hi, friends need an information related to KYC requirements for an NRI. Recently my residence status changed to NRI and I have already redeemed all my previous investments.

Now I would like to restart mutual fund investments, to enable this, what is the KYC requirements? Should I submit the KYC documents to individual fund houses, CAMS and Karvy separately or I can complete the formality by submitting the documents to anyone?

Also, I have an account with Fundsindia with residency status as resident Indian. So if I submit the documents to Fundsindia, will my residency status will get updated automatically with all fund houses?

Has anyone gone through this phase?Any pointers will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Hi Maxtorque, answers to your queries are as below;

1). Since your status is been changed from resident to NR, you need to resubmit your KYC docs to restart your investments, you can submit your docs either to CAMS or KARVY your re-kyc will be done. Documents required visa copy, passport, pancard. However Aadhar is not mandatory in case of NR customers.

Pls ensure your investment account is linked to the correct account, NRO or NRE account, depending on your source of funds which you are willing to invest.

2). Coming to your status up-gradation with FundsIndia, your RM with FundsIndia can do it easily on your behalf.
Old 2nd January 2018, 20:13   #1773
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramvicky1984 View Post
3. Direct investment is the way to go- how do i create SIP. Reading the thread suggests using mf utilities. Can some suggest how to use it? I browsed it's website but could not understand. Do i need to create eCAN or partial eCAN or Filleezz?

I referred to this post http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post4223885. I am a novice at all this but need to start ASAP.
I had the same confusion few months back and then came across Unovest website and registered there.
You can trade in direct funds for free. Its like a wrapper around MF Util.

All the instructions are there -> fill up the CAN form and PayEzz form (for SIPs) and drop them at a Karvy center. In less than a month (for PayEzz setup), you will be all set to invest in direct funds for free of charge. CAN setup will be done within a week or so.
Old 2nd January 2018, 20:34   #1774
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterf View Post
Hey Guys,
I was trying to register L&T mutual funds as a biller in icici bank. Normally for SIP registration you just need to add urn no provided by the mutual fund house.
However while adding L&T, in consumer identification details it is also asking for consumer PAN details. I am bit confused here. Does it requires my PAN no or L&T mutual fund house PAN no.
This is the first time I am registering L&T , for other funds have never faced any issue. Can someone help me in this regard.
My understanding is that it is asking for your PAN number.
Old 3rd January 2018, 02:33   #1775
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varoon9999 View Post
Hi Maxtorque, answers to your queries are as below;

1). Since your status is been changed from resident to NR, you need to resubmit your KYC docs to restart your investments, you can submit your docs either to CAMS or KARVY your re-kyc will be done. Documents required visa copy, passport, pancard. However Aadhar is not mandatory in case of NR customers.
Thanks mate. Much appreciated. I will get in touch with FundsIndia team.
Old 3rd January 2018, 11:52   #1776
BANNED

I tired to register on Camsonline. I got a message, already registered - fine but from where?
Old 11th January 2018, 00:18   #1777
Senior - BHPian

I need to park some money for a period of 1-2 years. I was thinking of distributing it equally among Franklin India Low Duration Fund and SBI Dynamic Bond Fund.

I am confused about whether to invest lump some or put the money in a liquid fund like IndiaBulls Liquid Fund and do an SIP into the Debt funds.
Old 11th January 2018, 09:01   #1778
BHPian

With a high risk appetite, I have a running SIP of 3000/- each in the following funds to build my retirement corpus (20 years from now):

DSPBR Opportunities Fund-Reg(G) Equity - Diversified funds
Kotak Select Focus Fund(G) Equity - Diversified funds
Mirae Asset Emerging Bluechip-Reg(G) Equity - Mid-cap funds

My outflow is 9000/- INR currently. I want to extend it to 15000/- by including 2 more funds to my portfolio.

Kindly advise. TIA.

Few funds in mind:
BNP Paribas Mid Cap Fund
HDFC Mid-Cap Opportunities Fund(G)
MOSt Focused Multicap 35 Fund-Reg(G)
Aditya Birla SL Equity Fund(G)

Rgds,
Vinod

Last edited by Mr_Bean : 11th January 2018 at 09:05.
Old 11th January 2018, 09:54   #1779
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
My outflow is 9000/- INR currently. I want to extend it to 15000/- by including 2 more funds to my portfolio.
Vinod,

I would suggest increase the amount in existing MF instead of buying new ones since your risk profile isn't changing.

I would also suggest to have 1 large cap, 1 multi cap and 1 mid+small cap MF portfolio.
Old 11th January 2018, 10:30   #1780
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
With a high risk appetite, I have a running SIP of 3000/- each in the following funds to build my retirement corpus (20 years from now):

DSPBR Opportunities Fund-Reg(G) Equity - Diversified funds
Kotak Select Focus Fund(G) Equity - Diversified funds
Mirae Asset Emerging Bluechip-Reg(G) Equity - Mid-cap funds

Vinod
@Vinod
One suggestion I can make to you - this was done for me by my friend who is a bit more knowledgeable in these matters.
I see you have two SIP in Regular Growth Plans.
Change all your Regular Growth Plans to Direct Growth Plans.
You will earn a higher interest in this way.
But from a capital gains standpoint, the day you convert your funds, will be treated as the date you have invested into the fund.
This basically becomes a new fund investment from a taxation point of view.

For Reference Only
Enter the fund as regular growth and direct growth and compare the difference in interest earned over 1yr, 3yr and 5yr.

As @ghodlur has suggested, it would be advisable to to increase the SIP amount in your existing SIPS rather than go for new ones.
Old 11th January 2018, 18:42   #1781
BHPian

What is the feedback on these funds. Are they good for long term SIPs.
- Mirae Asset Emerging Bluechip Fund - G
- L&T India Value Fund - G
- SBI Magnum Multicap - G
- Kotak Select Focus Regular - G
- HDFC Balanced fund - G
Old 11th January 2018, 22:58   #1782
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I tired to register on Camsonline. I got a message, already registered - fine but from where?
MF providers usually registers customers on Camsonline without any notification.
Old 11th January 2018, 23:26   #1783
BHPian

The android app for eCAMS is not bad. You automatically get all those funds listed which have your email address as correspondence address.
In my case I have mine, my wife's and my parents' funds all listed, which makes the app cluttered withy plenty details.
Old 12th January 2018, 10:28   #1784
BHPian

I am a bit scared due to continiously uprising market, don't know when it will be corrected. Different advisors/experts share different views on this.

Right now I am continuing with my monthly MF SIP of approx 65% of my savings. Remaining approx 35% monthly savings I am putting in safe guaranteed return instrument (which gives me ~8% tax free returns, i.e. SBI Max gain home loan).

Can experts please guide me? Should I continue 65% exposure to equity, or should I reduce it, or increase?
Old 12th January 2018, 20:40   #1785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcoze View Post
I am a bit scared due to continiously uprising market, don't know when it will be corrected. Different advisors/experts share different views on this.

Right now I am continuing with my monthly MF SIP of approx 65% of my savings. Remaining approx 35% monthly savings I am putting in safe guaranteed return instrument (which gives me ~8% tax free returns, i.e. SBI Max gain home loan).

Can experts please guide me? Should I continue 65% exposure to equity, or should I reduce it, or increase?
I am no expert. However my learning and advise received is keep investing your savings when the market is going up and down. I did that in 2008 crash had a roller coaster ride. So if you do not need money now or in next 2 -3 years. Keep investing. Read through when you have time.

https://www.valueresearchonline.com/....asp?str=34961
https://www.valueresearchonline.com/....asp?str=33901
https://www.valueresearchonline.com/....asp?str=34989

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks