Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2020, 06:08   #3331
BHPian

Re: The Mutual Funds Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
Do all MF's of a Fund house show up in our cams account automatically or do we have to add them manually. I am having two funds from ABSL ,one I directly invested (ELSS) which shows up in cams and the other a Debt fund invested through a broker which does not show up in the cams account.
cams will only show mutual funds for the fund houses that are associated with them.
I suggest using NSDL/CDSL eCAS, these are monthly statements that show all holdings of mutual funds and demat accounts in single statement.
Old 16th June 2020, 07:39   #3332
BHPian

Re: ICICIDirect Regular to MFUOnline Direct Option?

I had all my MF investments done through ICICIDirect. Few months back I opened an account with MF Utilities. I could see most of the investments done through ICICIDirect in MFU portfolio. As MFU has the option of switching to 'Direct' option, I switched all of them to 'Direct' fund option. Once this was done, I could see these switched MFs disappear underneath my ICICIDirect MF portfolio. But some funds which are NOT appearing in MFU are still hanging out in ICICIDirect portfolio. Is there a way to switch them also to 'Direct' option?

Please advise!
Old 16th June 2020, 08:51   #3333
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
But some funds which are NOT appearing in MFU are still hanging out in ICICIDirect portfolio. Is there a way to switch them also to 'Direct' option?
I thought all the fund houses are part of MFU. In that case, all your investments if made under the same KYC details should be listed under MFU. If for some reason, these funds are not visible under MFU, I think you should first redeem them and then make fresh investments through MFU.
Old 16th June 2020, 08:54   #3334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
I thought all the fund houses are part of MFU. In that case, all your investments if made under the same KYC details should be listed under MFU. If for some reason, these funds are not visible under MFU, I think you should first redeem them and then make fresh investments through MFU.
A switch is nothing but a redemption and repurchase, if not supported by MFU, you can do the redemption manually and repurchase the same fund for the same amount but under the direct plan.
Thebat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2020, 10:49   #3335
BHPian

A good podcast on debt mutual funds in India

This is one of the best podcasts I have listened to about the debt mutual funds landscape in India.

The run on debt mutual funds. Is your money safe?
Capitalmind Podcast
On today's show, Shray and Deepak discuss debt mutual funds. How do they really work? What do they invest in? And how do you evaluate these funds before investing in them?

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR...AAAAHQAAAAAQAQ
Old 16th June 2020, 12:45   #3336
BHPian

Guys I am having ABSL Balanced Advantage Fund,and it is not performing as per my expectation,very negligible returns. Any suggestions where I should switch ?
Old 16th June 2020, 14:42   #3337
BHPian

[quote=JMaruru;4824560 But some funds which are NOT appearing in MFU are still hanging out in ICICIDirect portfolio. Is there a way to switch them also to 'Direct' option?

Please advise![/quote]

If the folio does not show up in MFU, then it has not got mapped to your CAN. In MFU raise a ticket - via the support/complaint page - to map those folios, quoting the fund name and folio number. Once it gets mapped to MFU you can then switch or redeem/purchase as direct.
grazd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2020, 15:51   #3338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthian View Post
Maybe we would not only get our principal back, but may even expect some interest?
Pursuant to Vodafone paying a tranche of interest and principle to Franklin, we received some money in the bank. Hopefully the entire amount would slowly come through. While i do agree that if any misappropriation or sweeping-under-the-carpet measures are being attempted, those responsible in FI should get their just desserts; what i cannot fathom is the freeze on voting and subsequent disposal of moneys. To this end, why is it felt that by disbursing moneys, the trail. would become cold or the perpetrators go scot free? Why can't both be done?

ps: Yes, once we receive our money, our inclination, desire or focus may change and become blurred; but since the issue has been flagged, it would go to its logical conclusion - irrespective of the fact whether moneys are disbursed or not.
Old 17th June 2020, 10:51   #3339
BHPian

What funds should be looked at in the current scenario for fresh investments. Index or funds which invest in US markets or emerging markets.
Old 17th June 2020, 12:31   #3340
BHPian

The US markets are overpriced at the moment. The US central bank is "virtually" printing money and injecting it to the commercial banks to mop up the long term treasury bonds because of the Covid-19 crisis. The situation might change after the US elections in November.

Quote: It works like magic. With a few strokes on a computer, the Federal Reserve can create dollars out of nothing, virtually "printing" money and injecting it into the commercial banking system, much like an electronic deposit. By the end of the year, the Fed is projected to have purchased $3.5 trillion in government securities with these newly created dollars, one of many tools it is using to help prop up the ailing economy during the COVID-19 pandemic, according to Oxford Economics.

https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/mo...ed/3038117001/

Quote:
What funds should be looked at in the current scenario for fresh investments. Index or funds which invest in US markets or emerging markets.

Last edited by pradkumar : 17th June 2020 at 12:34.
Old 18th June 2020, 07:02   #3341
BHPian

Quote:
Guys I am having ABSL Balanced Advantage Fund,and it is not performing as per my expectation,very negligible returns. Any suggestions where I should switch ?
Quote:
Sounds like you are chasing performance. Any investment will go through inevitable periods of underperfomance and outperformance. That is why time in market matters. Not sure how long you have been invested in this fund and what your return expectation is. I hope you figured out your investment horizon and risk appetite before investing. And I hope you are not expecting that long term return of a balanced fund to be similar to that of an equity fund.

For the fresh investments, I would suggest you first decide on time frame and the risk. Please keep in mind that emerging market is always expected to give better return compared to developed markets; but that comes with more risk and volatility. And the word 'expected' is very important. There is no guarantee that expectation will be fulfilled. And nobody really knows which investment will outperform in the future.
Old 18th June 2020, 10:59   #3342
BHPian

I have zeroed on PGIM India Global Equity opportunities Fund for exposure to International markets. The Other funds I have are

ELSS
Axis Long term equity fund
ABSL tax relief'96
Mirae tax saver
Motilal Oswal long term equity

Debt
Canara Robeco ultra short term
IDFC ultra short term

Balanced
ABSL balanced advantage which I am switching to PGIM
Old 18th June 2020, 14:18   #3343
BHPian

Hi,

An interesting fund that invests across US, China, France, and many other countries. The risk and return are unknown. Personally, I am hesitant to invest in a fund unless I know the risk and return parameters.

Morningstar gives its holding fund, PGIM Jennison Global Equity Opportunities a 5 star rating.

https://www.pgimindiamf.com/mutual-f...rtunities-fund

Pradeep

Quote:
I have zeroed on PGIM India Global Equity opportunities Fund for exposure to International markets.
pradkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2020, 16:43   #3344
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pradkumar View Post
Hi, An interesting fund that invests across US, China, France, and many other countries.
The full list of international funds is available here:
https://www.valueresearchonline.com/...s&tab=snapshot

Long term performance is a mixed bag.
SmartCat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2020, 16:49   #3345
BHPian

Yeah. In comparison to S&P BSE 500 TRI, the trailing returns were above by only 3% in 5 years, below by 2.5% in 7 years, and above by 2% in 10 years. Moreover, the 5 year return was only 8.82%. I was just replying to Inder. I have no interest in this fund.

Pradeep
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartCat View Post
Long term performance is a mixed bag.

Last edited by pradkumar : 18th June 2020 at 16:59.
pradkumar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks