Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2020, 23:06   #3346
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Mutual Funds Thread

I am having all my MF investments in ICICIdirect but all are regular plans where I end up paying commission for no reason. I want to invest in direct plans - I know we can do it individually with fund houses but frankly, it's a pain. Is there any online portal which allows that? I would like to have access to almost all fund houses. Also, I would like a reliable and trsutworthy app with a good user experience and easy linking with bank accounts.

Please suggest.
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2020, 23:31   #3347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post

Please suggest.
One word answer - Zerodha
rayjaycleoful is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2020, 23:34   #3348
BHPian

Quote:
I want to invest in direct plans - I know we can do it individually with fund houses but frankly, it's a pain. Is there any online portal which allows that? I would like to have access to almost all fund houses. Also, I would like a reliable and trsutworthy app with a good user experience and easy linking with bank accounts.

Please suggest.
MF Utilities. One stop shop for all mutual funds by mutual funds. You can invest in direct plans out here.
JMaruru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2020, 03:06   #3349
Senior - BHPian

I have stopped SIP in small cap fund Franklin India smaller companies fund. Thinking of starting a SIP in Nifty Next 50 index fund. Is it ok?
Old 24th June 2020, 07:49   #3350
BHPian

Quote:
I am having all my MF investments in ICICIdirect but all are regular plans where I end up paying commission for no reason. I want to invest in direct plans - I know we can do it individually with fund houses but frankly, it's a pain. Is there any online portal which allows that? I would like to have access to almost all fund houses. Also, I would like a reliable and trsutworthy app with a good user experience and easy linking with bank accounts.

Please suggest.
I was also in same situation couple of months back. All my Mutual Funds were with ICICIDirect and Regular. Then I created an account in Zerodha via Online with zero paperwork and stopped the SIPs in ICICI and started direct funds of same AMCs in Zerodha. The Coin app is good so far and features are fine for an user like me. And I liked the way they clearly calling out the fund type as direct or regular when we search for the MF which was not the case with ICICI at least in my case. I have not tried purchasing shares via the Kite app of Zerodha.
Thanos-VV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2020, 08:08   #3351
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos-VV View Post
I was also in same situation couple of months back. All my Mutual Funds were with ICICIDirect and Regular. Then I created an account in Zerodha via Online with zero paperwork and stopped the SIPs in ICICI and started direct funds of same AMCs in Zerodha. The Coin app is good so far and features are fine for an user like me. And I liked the way they clearly calling out the fund type as direct or regular when we search for the MF which was not the case with ICICI at least in my case. I have not tried purchasing shares via the Kite app of Zerodha.
Thanks, I plan to do the same shortly.
What are the charges for Zerodha direct?
Old 24th June 2020, 08:29   #3352
BHPian

Quote:
Zerodha claims itself to be the firm with cheapest and lowest brokerage firm. If I am not wrong, they are not charging anything for these direct MF plans. Not 100% sure and Investement gurus can comment on that. My aim was to switch to a platform which is more transparent and user friendly app. And so far I am happy with this. Hope this helps.
Old 24th June 2020, 09:47   #3353
BHPian

Quote:
Zerodha does not charge anything for direct funds. However, to get a login you also need to have a trading account, and that costs about 600 or so per year.

Some time back MF was also charged a fixed charge every transaction, but I believe it has been removed now effectively making it free - other than the basic subscription service for the account.
Old 24th June 2020, 12:45   #3354
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
Zerodha does not charge anything for direct funds. However, to get a login you also need to have a trading account, and that costs about 600 or so per year.

Some time back MF was also charged a fixed charge every transaction, but I believe it has been removed now effectively making it free - other than the basic subscription service for the account.
I have an account with Zerodha for 2+ years . I have not been charged yearly fees. Only the initial registration free when opening the account.
sagarpadaki is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2020, 13:05   #3355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
I have an account with Zerodha for 2+ years . I have not been charged yearly fees. Only the initial registration free when opening the account.

I believe they have a free tier for folks investing uptill a particular amount ( I think 50K, not sure), and then they charge AMC per quarter for folks who exceed that amount.
Old 24th June 2020, 18:33   #3356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjainv View Post
I believe they have a free tier for folks investing uptill a particular amount ( I think 50K, not sure), and then they charge AMC per quarter for folks who exceed that amount.

yes - i think so. The limit keeps changing so i am not sure too.

The link https://zerodha.com/charges shows the charges. This does show an AMC of Rs. 300 per year. I mentioned 600 because thats what i pay, but i also have stocks in my demat account. I dont know if you can get an account and just use it for Mutual funds, and if so, what the fees is.

If i have to summarize the whole deal, its definitely on the lower side as compared to most others like icicidirect. AND you can buy direct funds. The fact that it is direct is more important as thats what will save you some money.

There are other choices that are cheaper that allow you to buy a direct mutual fund AND pay nothing such as MFUtilities. I personally found that Zerodha is nicer has a better UI - so i went with the same. You could consider other options like MFUtilities also.
deep_bang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2020, 19:34   #3357
Team-BHP Support

Gents, Zerodha Coin mutual fund investing platform is absolutely free
https://zerodha.com/z-connect/sticky...ompletely-free

Zerodha mainly makes money from traders (day traders and derivatives traders). By offering a free platform for stocks and mutual funds investing, they hope to attract customers - some of whom may end up trading too later. That is the idea behind offering a free platform.

Last edited by SmartCat : 24th June 2020 at 19:39.
SmartCat is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 25th June 2020, 12:50   #3358
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjainv View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
yes - i think so. The limit keeps changing so i am not sure too.

The link https://zerodha.com/charges shows the charges. This does show an AMC of Rs. 300 per year. I mentioned 600 because thats what i pay, but i also have stocks in my demat account. I dont know if you can get an account and just use it for Mutual funds, and if so, what the fees is.

If i have to summarize the whole deal, its definitely on the lower side as compared to most others like icicidirect. AND you can buy direct funds. The fact that it is direct is more important as thats what will save you some money.

There are other choices that are cheaper that allow you to buy a direct mutual fund AND pay nothing such as MFUtilities. I personally found that Zerodha is nicer has a better UI - so i went with the same. You could consider other options like MFUtilities also.
I use only their coin portal for MF investing.

Not into direct equity. Coin is free.
sagarpadaki is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2020, 22:05   #3359
BHPian

I have started using Groww app on my mobile to track my investments. On my laptop I still prefer MFUtilitles as I like the functional UI there. Both these platforms are super easy to use, free and support long list of fund houses.
Old 26th June 2020, 16:05   #3360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
I have stopped SIP in small cap fund Franklin India smaller companies fund. Thinking of starting a SIP in Nifty Next 50 index fund. Is it ok?
I was checking Nixty Next 50 index and see many public sector companies. Is it worth investing in this index fund as a small cap fund alternative?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks