Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2021, 12:34   #3751
BHPian

Re: The Mutual Funds Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fx14 View Post
ETFs can be considered for such an objective. They are prone to intra - day swings too.
I think I have written about this earlier, but even NIFTYBEES trades at massive premiums to NAV particularly on large selloffs. Hence they are useless if you want to lock in a price. This is mainly due to a lack of market makers.

I used to use futures but stopped when they made it a 75 lot clip. Even one lot becomes much higher than my usual investment size.
Old 21st April 2021, 19:36   #3752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedar3223 View Post
I am looking for investing in stocks and mutual funds through an online/app platform. Might also look at commodities in the future. Options found:

Direct MF- groww, zerodha coin, et money, upstox, kuvera, paytm money.
Stocks- zerodha kite, upstox, groww.

Having done my research wrt to the mf i would be investing in, i found them to be available on all the platforms. So is there any platform that stands out interms of charges, money transfer, liquidating and features like stp etc?

In terms of stocks, kite and upstox seem to be more matured compared to groww. They offer more features, commodities and the charges also seem to be on the lower side.

Should i go with a single platform(zerodha/upstox) or separate platforms for both?

https://select.finology.in/app/compa.../upstox/groww#
https://select.finology.in/brokerage.../zerodha/groww
Any advice on this? Groww for mf and kite/upstox for stocks seems to be the popular choice.
Old 21st April 2021, 20:01   #3753
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedar3223 View Post
Any advice on this? Groww for mf and kite/upstox for stocks seems to be the popular choice.
I have not invested in direct stocks. But for MFs, I use MFUtility. It is a very good platform and lets you invest in direct funds. Not sure if all other platforms allow to invest in direct funds. Please check that as well with Groww.
Old 21st April 2021, 20:09   #3754
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
I have not invested in direct stocks. But for MFs, I use MFUtility. It is a very good platform and lets you invest in direct funds. Not sure if all other platforms allow to invest in direct funds. Please check that as well with Groww.
Groww is a direct MF investment platform too. It has big private equity funds (Eg: Sequoia capital) backing it. For some reason, Groww is valued at $1 billion

Tiger Global in talks to lead Groww's $100-million funding round
https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/81268814.cms
SmartCat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2021, 20:23   #3755
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Basic question - Does MFUtility provide coverage for Cams and Karvy supported mutual funds? Right now I am having to login through two apps - one for Cams and one for Karvy. It’s a pain.
Old 21st April 2021, 23:48   #3756
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartCat View Post
Groww is a direct MF investment platform too. It has big private equity funds (Eg: Sequoia capital) backing it. For some reason, Groww is valued at $1 billion

Tiger Global in talks to lead Groww's $100-million funding round
https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/81268814.cms
It is the liquidity flood in the US which is driving this frenzy. The SPAC ( special purpose acquisition company ) mania is another consequence of this.
JediKnight is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2021, 00:26   #3757
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrioraks View Post
Basic question - Does MFUtility provide coverage for Cams and Karvy supported mutual funds? Right now I am having to login through two apps - one for Cams and one for Karvy. It’s a pain.
Never used MFUtility but Groww has this option you looking at(both CAMS and Karvy MFs). My MF journey started due to Groww as it was super easy to register and complete all your formalities online. Its interface is also pretty neat and as a first time investor I never felt intimidated by lots of stats and graphs that some other platforms offer. Might be too basic for some but works for me beautifully.
Maverick Avi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2021, 08:59   #3758
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrioraks View Post
Cams and Karvy are transfer agents. Whether you invest through their own portal or any third party portal or through MF Utility, the transfer agents get involved for processing the transaction.

In fact if you create your account on MFU, you'll see all your funds, including the ones you invested through cams or Karvy there, subject to MFU having onboarded that AMC on their portal.
Old 26th April 2021, 06:58   #3759
BANNED

I did not find a suitable banking thread so posting here - My standing instructions to transfer monthly salary account to another savings account expired a year back and now I want to transfer a very large sum of money via RTGS. What is the upper limit for a single transaction? Will transfers upwards of 10 lacs attract a tax or extra service fee?
Old 26th April 2021, 10:52   #3760
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
I did not find a suitable banking thread so posting here - My standing instructions to transfer monthly salary account to another savings account expired a year back and now I want to transfer a very large sum of money via RTGS. What is the upper limit for a single transaction? Will transfers upwards of 10 lacs attract a tax or extra service fee?
There is a Bank Account thread which would have been an apt thread to post the question. Coming to RTGS, it differs from Bank to Bank. I know limits for SBI and HDFC. SBI has per day limit of 10L for RTGS while HDFC Bank has 25L. I don't think there are any taxes applicable per transaction amount.
shipnil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2021, 14:39   #3761
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandhsub View Post
I believe the rule has been changed. Cannot take advantage of any market fall. The NAV taken is based on when the asset manager can use the funds. And normally unless you have transferred the money early in the morning the NAV taken will be that of the next day.
Thanks for the update Anandhsub - I also discovered the same via mfuonline. Earlier, any netbanking transfer before 3pm, we will get NAV of same day and units credited next day, but now a days it is taking +1 day. So you cant time the market unless it falls for next day also.

On the payment page, mfuonline mentions RTGS/NEFT as fastest credit, has anyone tried for same day NAV credit? I have always used Netbanking for sake of simplicity.

Last edited by concorde24 : 26th April 2021 at 14:43.
Old 26th April 2021, 16:22   #3762
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by concorde24 View Post
Thanks for the update Anandhsub - I also discovered the same via mfuonline. Earlier, any netbanking transfer before 3pm, we will get NAV of same day and units credited next day, but now a days it is taking +1 day. So you cant time the market unless it falls for next day also.

On the payment page, mfuonline mentions RTGS/NEFT as fastest credit, has anyone tried for same day NAV credit? I have always used Netbanking for sake of simplicity.
This rule has become a bit of pain on a couple of occasions recently. One of my AMC almost always processes the funds on the day the NAV rises (sometimes T+2), and not when the market slips on the day of the transaction , no matter if you have actually made the transaction early on. May be its tortoise-speed theory applies to all aspects of operations.

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 26th April 2021 at 16:23.
Old 26th April 2021, 20:26   #3763
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by concorde24 View Post
I believe the NetBanking transfers are not direct bank to bank transfers but rather are routed through intermediaries like billdesk which makes it delayed deposit.

I have used the payeez and NEFT/RTGS. Payeez is again delayed by a day. NEFT credits within 30 mins and RTGS immediately. I did one purchase around 11 am for which I got same day NAV. One I just before 3 which was credited at 3.20pm. I got next day NAV.
shipnil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2021, 19:25   #3764
BHPian

Requesting feedback from seasoned investors:

Currently invested in Nifty 50 Index fund.

And I'm looking to make a new investment of approx. 30K per month for long term(15 years). I have shortlisted the following MF Schemes(All are Growth-Direct)

1. Axis Midcap Fund - AUM 10,432 Cr
2. Motilal Oswal Focused 25 - AUM 1600 Cr
3. ICICI Prudential Nifty Next 50 - AUM 1000 Cr

Fund Overlap
1. Axis Vs Motilal = 15%
2. Axis Vs ICICI = 8%
3. ICICI vs Motilal = 7%

Performance - (2016 to 2019- Prior to March 2020 correction. Not considering Apr-2020 to Mar-2021 as most of the MF schemes gave excellent returns)
1. Axis Midcap - Beats Index
2. Motilal Focused 25 - Slightly less than Index
3. ICICI Next 50 - Slightly less than Index

Please suggest which schemes are better (for lack of "better" word ). I prefer to invest in any 2 schemes but open to idea of investing in all 3.

Based on SmartCat's post, I read about portfolio rebalancing. I do it with stocks anyways and I prefer to do it once 2-3 years( or avoid it for as long as possible) with MF's. So looking at it from a "Lazy Investor" approach

Thanks in Advance

Last edited by akhil_007 : 27th April 2021 at 19:53.
akhil_007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2021, 20:58   #3765
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_007 View Post
Requesting feedback from seasoned investors:

Currently invested in Nifty 50 Index fund.

And I'm looking to make a new investment of approx. 30K per month for long term(15 years). I have shortlisted the following MF Schemes(All are Growth-Direct)

1. Axis Midcap Fund - AUM 10,432 Cr
2. Motilal Oswal Focused 25 - AUM 1600 Cr
3. ICICI Prudential Nifty Next 50 - AUM 1000 Cr

Fund Overlap
1. Axis Vs Motilal = 15%
2. Axis Vs ICICI = 8%
3. ICICI vs Motilal = 7%

Performance - (2016 to 2019- Prior to March 2020 correction. Not considering Apr-2020 to Mar-2021 as most of the MF schemes gave excellent returns)
1. Axis Midcap - Beats Index
2. Motilal Focused 25 - Slightly less than Index
3. ICICI Next 50 - Slightly less than Index

Please suggest which schemes are better (for lack of "better" word ). I prefer to invest in any 2 schemes but open to idea of investing in all 3.

Based on SmartCat's post, I read about portfolio rebalancing. I do it with stocks anyways and I prefer to do it once 2-3 years( or avoid it for as long as possible) with MF's. So looking at it from a "Lazy Investor" approach

Thanks in Advance
I do not know your risk profile but your selection is alright.
I would recommend Axis focussed fund or Can Robeco flexicap fund as it has a very good long term performance. Axis Midcap is also good but to avoid fund house concentration, you can go for Invesco midcap fund. ICICI nifty next 50 can be replaced with UTI Nifty next index fund. If you are interested in some exposure to international stocks, you can also look at Parag Parikh flexicap fund.

I am not sure if it helps or I confused you even more.
Personally, I am invested in the above funds I mentioned.
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks