Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2012, 16:54   #61
BANNED

re: The Bangalore Metro rail (BMRCL) thread!

I have not seen the Car Parking rate though, may be they are going to introduce separate gate entries for 2 & 4 wheeler.

I usually come by car and park for 12 hrs in a day.

Going by the 2 Wheeler parking rate i have to shell out Rs.26 a day for parking and Rs.11.90 + 11.90 for commuting in Metro. Roughly Rs.50/- per day.

Car parking will be higher side and it may cost you Rs.100/- including Parking & Commuting. It will be interesting to see the parking lot tomorrow.

Last edited by wildon : 30th March 2012 at 17:00.
Old 1st April 2012, 12:39   #62
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pganapathy View Post
Paid parking in the metro stations is not a bad thing but unfortunately it is only in Byapanahalli at the moment from what I can see. All the other stations are just terminal spots on main roads with no provision (unless neighbouring buildings are torn down) for parking.
I remember reading in the newspapers yesterday that Paid parking will be introduced at Byappanahalli and Swami Vivekananda Stations. I took a metro ride yesterday from Byappanahalli and saw the parking related signages being installed.
I also noticed the parking lot at Swami Vivekananda station is complete and is accessible from Old Mds Road and 80 feet Road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
I have not seen the Car Parking rate though, may be they are going to introduce separate gate entries for 2 & 4 wheeler.

I usually come by car and park for 12 hrs in a day.

Going by the 2 Wheeler parking rate i have to shell out Rs.26 a day for parking and Rs.11.90 + 11.90 for commuting in Metro. Roughly Rs.50/- per day.

Car parking will be higher side and it may cost you Rs.100/- including Parking & Commuting. It will be interesting to see the parking lot tomorrow.
If I remember correctly, the car parking rate would be Rs.20 for first 4 hours and Rs.10 every hour thereafter.
Old 1st April 2012, 14:03   #63
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
If I remember correctly, the car parking rate would be Rs.20 for first 4 hours and Rs.10 every hour thereafter.
Its now listed in the BMRC website.

Name:  bmrc.co.in pdf news paynpark.pdf135521.png
Views: 2074
Size:  360.3 KB
Attached Files
File Type: pdf paynpark.pdf (344.8 KB, 366 views)
Old 1st April 2012, 17:19   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I remember reading in the newspapers yesterday that Paid parking will be introduced at Byappanahalli and Swami Vivekananda Stations. I took a metro ride yesterday from Byappanahalli and saw the parking related signages being installed.
I also noticed the parking lot at Swami Vivekananda station is complete and is accessible from Old Mds Road and 80 feet Road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Its now listed in the BMRC website.
If parking is going to be a maximum of Rs. 50 per day, it will become economically viable to drive to the metro station if you work from CMH road till MG road. Also, the stress saved in not driving is unbelievable.

I hope they are able to get parking sorted out at all the metro stations in the long run. That is crucial for improved metro usage.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 7th February 2016 at 23:00. Reason: Fixed quote tags
Old 2nd July 2012, 12:15   #65
Senior - BHPian

The Namma Metro was supposed to reduce the traffic and make commuting a lot easier but the lack of feeder buses has removes the last mile connectivity. BMTC had started out with some but never gave it adequate time for commuters to get used to the timing frequency etc here Feeder buses let down Metro commuters - The Times of India

we stay at CV raman nagar and autos fleece even for this short distance. Need to give some feedback to BMTC to start the feeder routes here Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation

Others may like to give their feedback too.

In fact BMTC had asked for feedback on this issue some time ago BMTC to issue feedback forms from tomorrow
Old 6th November 2012, 11:34   #66
Senior - BHPian

Finally finally had a chance to travel in the Namma Metro a couple of weeks back on a sunday. It was a jolly ride with the entire family in tow.

We parked at the Byappanhalli station and took a return train to MG Road. We had good fun and noticed that many co passengers were also first time travellers hitching a jolly ride.

This short first phase seems to be like a trailor before the extended lines being operations of the First phase which will be of real practical use for commuters travelling from South to North Bangalore.
Old 20th December 2012, 14:47   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

North South Corridor - Green line. Seen this today near Peenya. Could be test run to start?

The Bangalore Metro rail (BMRCL) thread!-dsc04139.jpg

Cheers!
Old 20th December 2012, 15:41   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
North South Corridor - Green line. Seen this today near Peenya. Could be test run to start?

Attachment 1029217

Cheers!
From what I've seen, atleast the Mahalakshmi Layout and the Yeshwantpur stations are nowhere near complete. Can they start trials before the stations are done up?
Old 20th December 2012, 16:08   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
...Can they start trials before the stations are done up?
Track trials should be possible before the stations are completely ready.
Old 20th December 2012, 16:23   #70
BHPian

Bazmi Husain points to what looks like a third rail on the Metro track at Bangalore's MG Road station and says that's what's powering the Metro train. The 'third rail' has a yellow-coloured casing, without which it can instantly kill someone who may accidentally step on the 750-volt power line. "We are the only ones in India providing both third rail and overhead power systems," says the India managing director of ABB, the $40-billion, Zurich-based power and automation technologies company. For the Delhi Metro, ABB used the overhead technology. "That's cheaper over the long term because it's simpler, but the overhead wires are visually less appealing," he says.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/b.../17620516.cms?

Pradeep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
The third rail feeds power only from the bottom side. It's top and two sides will be insulated, so touching/falling on it won't cause electrocution - unless someone deliberately touches the bottom part of the rail!

I am not advocating crossing of tracks, this is just for info!
Old 20th December 2012, 20:49   #71
Team-BHP Support

The 'reach' going through Baswangudi (Jayanagar-South End) is almost done. In fact, it has been done for sometime now. Even the roads below have been laid and it's a pretty smooth drive. It's the stations that aren't complete and they've been that way for over a year now.

Wonder why they're sitting on it?

Wait, sorry. Stupid question.
Old 6th February 2016, 23:52   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
The 'reach' going through Baswangudi (Jayanagar-South End) is almost done. In fact, it has been done for sometime now. Even the roads below have been laid and it's a pretty smooth drive. It's the stations that aren't complete and they've been that way for over a year now.

Wonder why they're sitting on it?

Wait, sorry. Stupid question.
Looks like Bangaloreans have lost hope on Metro :-P No updates for 3.5 years?
Old 7th February 2016, 17:43   #73
Team-BHP Support

Metro will never be economical/practical for common folk without last-mile feeder connectivity and park & ride options for those who own two/four wheelers.

It's already an endless wait to get a working Metro, another impossible dream to actually be able to use it practically. Failed project even before it's fully operational.
Old 7th February 2016, 18:45   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Metro will never be economical/practical for common folk without last-mile feeder connectivity and park & ride options for those who own two/four wheelers.

It's already an endless wait to get a working Metro, another impossible dream to actually be able to use it practically. Failed project even before it's fully operational.
Dont jump to conclusions yet. Just check the metro users in nagasandra to mantri square line. Its jam packed during woking days / peak hours. Even in the weekends I see the nagasandra parking lot full of vehicles. I would say metro is going to be choked with passengers when gets connectivity to majestic.
Old 7th February 2016, 19:36   #75
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manduvindupondu View Post
Looks like Bangaloreans have lost hope on Metro :-P No updates for 3.5 years?
Well, if your question is has the Metro made more progress in the last 3.5 years, then answer is YES, but if the question is has this forum thread been updated, the answer is NO
So, in the intervening 3.5 years 2 more services have begun:
1. Magadi Road to Mysore Road Terminal - Part of East-West Purple line)
2. Mantri Square (Sampige Road, Malleswaram) to Nagasandra (Tumkur Road) - Part of North-South Green line

Both the East-West and North-South line should be completely operational end to end around June 2016 according to the current deadline (does not include extensions to Kengeri, Peenya, Whitefield). This is dependent on the work at the main interchange near the City Railway station & Bus stand where work is in progress at good pace now.

Last-mile connectivity is still a problem at many of the stations but there are some plans being chalked out to address this.

Last edited by NPV : 7th February 2016 at 19:38.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks