Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2023, 23:19   #211
BHPian

re: The Bangalore Metro rail (BMRCL) thread!

Which metro station would be the nearest to the Bangalore City railway station? I see there are two metro stations near to the railway station

1. Krantiveera Sangolli Rayanna Metro
2. Nadaprabhu Kempegowda Metro, Majestic

I'm planning to try the Vande Bharat express this time for my trip to Bangalore. And looks like the train gets the Platform#7 in SBC. Which metro would be nearer to this? I will have to proceed to Baiyappanahalli.

Cheers!
Old 8th March 2023, 00:13   #212
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by callvvijay View Post
I'm planning to try the Vande Bharat express this time for my trip to Bangalore. And looks like the train gets the Platform#7 in SBC. Which metro would be nearer to this? I will have to proceed to Baiyappanahalli.

Cheers!
KSR metro station would be the one you should take; head towards platform 9 side via the connecting over-bridge to get to the metro station.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 23:11   #213
BHPian

Thanks a lot, @ninjatalli.

Your reply made me look at the Google Street-view - and I could see an over-bridge (photo) connecting the platforms and going all the way to the metro station.

Cheers!
Old 27th March 2023, 11:37   #214
BHPian

Whitefield (Kadugodi) to Kr puram (Railway station ) metro line is now open as you all may have seen. Overall I expect people in the vicinity of Kadugodi-Mahadevapura and commuting to work in and around ITPL to be the main beneficiaries. It would also help people arriving at Kr Puram Railway station and trying to reach their homes around Whitefield. For now, it would also benefit mall-hoppers ( you know which ones ) and sincerely hoping it reduces the congestion in front of those two malls. It's highly frustrating right now. Doesn't help anyone wanting to travel from Whitefield to the city. I'm told that the remaining portions will be opened in 3 months and connection to Byappanahalli established.

Took the train on Day 2 and the journey from Hopefarm to KR Puram felt like an eternity for a Sunday morning. Overall, I would call this a "hedged" commute option: slower than road travel when traffic is clear; but faster any week day with peak traffic. It also would be interesting to see if there is "quantifiable" value for this stretch about 60-70% of this already covered by A/C Volvos ( which are crowded, and I expect the metro to be equally crowded too if people start using).

I would say that the true value will only be realized when it connects to Byappanahalli station; otherwise one has to take the feeder bus from Kr Puram metro to Byappanahalli and then go through the steps of "check in" again etc ( not to mention walking the long overbridge from this side of the road to that ).

PS: Does anyone if bicycles are allowed to be carried on the metro ( atleast during weekends ? )

Last edited by airguitar : 27th March 2023 at 12:05.
Old 27th March 2023, 11:57   #215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airguitar View Post
W
I would say that the true value will only be realized when it connects to Byappanahalli station; otherwise one has to take the feeder bus from Kr Puram metro to Byappanahalli and then go through the steps of "check in" again etc ( not to mention walking the long overbridge from this side of the road to that ).
I thought the feeder busses are from KR Pura to SV Road station, so not much of a walk when compared to BYP. If this is not the case, makes no sense for people to be using it in the current form, except for weekend joy rides.
Old 27th March 2023, 12:07   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
I thought the feeder busses are from KR Pura to SV Road station, so not much of a walk when compared to BYP. If this is not the case, makes no sense for people to be using it in the current form, except for weekend joy rides.
Those are the regular ones that keep plying from all around the eastern side of the bangalore to SV road. All feeders from the Krishnarajapura metro were to Byappanahalli as seen over a period of 40-50 mins.

One might as well take a regular bus and head to SV road from Krishnarajapura metro ( but suffer the no-seats situation at SV road as trains are full right at Byappanahalli )
airguitar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2023, 19:35   #217
BHPian

Which stations on the Whitefield <> KR Puram sections have parking available (even if its two wheeler parking)?
Old 1st April 2023, 00:34   #218
Senior - BHPian

Can someone tell me what is the nearest Metro station from Vidyaranyapura? I need to go to Baiyapanahalli from there and back. Will I need to interchange trains anywhere?
Old 1st April 2023, 01:10   #219
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Can someone tell me what is the nearest Metro station from Vidyaranyapura? I need to go to Baiyapanahalli from there and back. Will I need to interchange trains anywhere?
Goraguntepalya or Peenya on the Green Line. Starting at Byappanahalli (Purple Line), you'll need to switch lines at Majestic to Green Line (towards Nagasandra).

The Bangalore Metro rail (BMRCL) thread!-mapenlargenew.jpg
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2023, 10:33   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
You can take Jalahalli Metro as well, we do find Jalahalli convinient as it has paid parking for Car/two wheelers. Also buses are very frequent from Jalahalli cross to Yelahanka side, if it is close to your place.
DetectiveMiles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2023, 14:03   #221
Senior - BHPian

I need to visit Malleshwaram from SV Road. I know I need to change over to Green line at Majestic, the question is do I need to purchase both the tickets at SV Road or do I need to purchase the green line tickets only at Majestic?
Old 26th May 2023, 14:14   #222
BHPian

Quote:
I need to visit Malleshwaram from SV Road. I know I need to change over to Green line at Majestic, the question is do I need to purchase both the tickets at SV Road or do I need to purchase the green line tickets only at Majestic?
You will need to mention the destination as Malleshwaram at SV road counter and a token is given to you. At Majestic just change the trains.

Last edited by AltoLXI : 26th May 2023 at 14:16.
AltoLXI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2023, 14:20   #223
BHPian

Quote:
You need to purchase ticket only once for the destination. At the interchange, you don't need to go to the gates, rather go one level down to get to the green line platform.
bejoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2023, 19:40   #224
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Even assuming you aren't a frequent user, why not get a Metro card?

It gets you trip discounts (15% IIRC), you don't have to stand in queues to buy tokens each time, and you aren't restricted to pre-determined point-to-point travel like with tokens.

You can always hand it back in and get the deposit refunded.
Old 26th May 2023, 20:01   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Even assuming you aren't a frequent user, why not get a Metro card?

It gets you trip discounts (15% IIRC), you don't have to stand in queues to buy tokens each time, and you aren't restricted to pre-determined point-to-point travel like with tokens.

You can always hand it back in and get the deposit refunded.
You're right, I don't use metro regularly. Whenever I do use it, it is always with family, so how does the card work in these situation? Do I need to get 3 cards or I swipe the card 3 times for each one of us? This is why I never got a card.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks