Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2023, 14:55   #241
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The Bangalore Metro rail (BMRCL) thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
Doesn't Bangalore metro support tickets in PayTM like Hyderabad or Chennai metro?
There's a WhatsApp number the passenger can message and use to get a QR code ticket on the phone. I've seen lots of people use their phones to enter and exit at the gates. (I've never used it, since I have a Metro card.)

https://indianexpress.com/article/te...tsapp-8242261/
Old 31st August 2023, 14:55   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
Doesn't Bangalore metro support tickets in PayTM like Hyderabad or Chennai metro?
Bangalore metro does supports paytm tickets. Tickets are valid for a 3hr window IIRC.
I think the paytm app limits purchase to 1 active ticket/head.
Workarounds like taking a screen grab etc may be possible(I have not tried these), but would be inconvenient to apply.
Old 31st August 2023, 16:41   #243
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
Bangalore metro does supports paytm tickets. Tickets are valid for a 3hr window IIRC.
Nopes. As I checked just now, the validity is till 2:30 am. I guess irrespective of when one books the ticket during the day, it's valid till 2:30 AM (EOD).

The Bangalore Metro rail (BMRCL) thread!-screenshot_20230831_163902_paytm.jpg

Quote:
I think the paytm app limits purchase to 1 active ticket/head.
Same for the Namma metro app. But @Ganesan mentioned only about his own travel so not a constraint.
Old 31st August 2023, 17:18   #244
Team-BHP Support

Do these QR code tickets have an option to edit source/destination (by paying fare difference as applicable), or are they fixed single-use like the physical tokens?
Old 31st August 2023, 18:10   #245
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Do these QR code tickets have an option to edit source/destination (by paying fare difference as applicable), or are they fixed single-use like the physical tokens?
Fixed single - use. For any delta changes, you need to go the person at the counter / exit gate and pay the difference. Which usually becomes the fare from your earlier booked destination to where you are exiting.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2023, 21:35   #246
BHPian

Does anyone know of car parking is available at either Whitefield or Kadugodi Tree Park metro stations?
Old 1st September 2023, 21:57   #247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garth View Post
Does anyone know of car parking is available at either Whitefield or Kadugodi Tree Park metro stations?
There are no metro car parking's available on any of the stations on this stretch yet, but I believe work is underway. You may have to find alternative spots to park or be dependent on public transport.
Old 3rd September 2023, 13:03   #248
BHPian

There was recent news that trial runs had started on the Byappanahalli-KR Puram Metro section and regular service was to start in early Sep. Any idea what is the status? When is it likely to start?
Old 3rd September 2023, 14:09   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wocanak View Post
There was recent news that trial runs had started on the Byappanahalli-KR Puram Metro section and regular service was to start in early Sep. Any idea what is the status? When is it likely to start?
IIRC it was likely delayed to end-October.

It was supposed to start in May itself, but they keep delaying it in the name of formalities & seems each party wants to take their own sweet time to certify what they see and yet disclaim themselves of responsibility for that certification.
WorkingGuru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 10:07   #250
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingGuru View Post
It was supposed to start in May itself, but they keep delaying it in the name of formalities &...
What's irritating is how docile the press is about these continuous 'delayed yet again' statements from BMRCL. As someone who avidly follows any news related to the Bangalore Metro, because it is my preferred mode of transport, I see the same pattern in the news. First they will announce the "new date", fully optimistic, will be opened by end of xx month, etc. Then a small by-line at the end of the month before it was supposed to happen, saying pushed. And filler content about how Bangalore will have "hundreds of kilometers by 20xx". If the press is just going to print whatever BMRCL tells them, what incentive does anyone have to believe them? They should have screaming headlines about the delay and project management analysis to goad the government and BMRCL into keeping their deadlines.

Last edited by am1m : 4th September 2023 at 10:09.
am1m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 10:27   #251
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingGuru View Post
IIRC it was likely delayed to end-October.

It was supposed to start in May itself, but they keep delaying it in the name of formalities & seems each party wants to take their own sweet time to certify what they see and yet disclaim themselves of responsibility for that certification.
Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
What's irritating is how docile the press is about these continuous 'delayed yet again' statements from BMRCL. As someone who avidly follows any news related to the Bangalore Metro, because it is my preferred mode of transport, I see the same pattern in the news. First they will announce the "new date", fully optimistic, will be opened by end of xx month, etc.
I am not sure why you arent aware of the exact progress, which has been regularly updated in the media as well as other forums. It is beyond political parties and their responsibilities.

If you go back in time, it is obvious the open web girder installation was the missing link in the completion of this stretch of metro. That was delayed due to bureaucratic mess between the railways and BMRCL over the specs of the OWG and the installation process. This was launched over the tracks in February. After that, work has been pretty brisk since it involved placing the girder, launching two spans which was pending to allow the fabrication of the girder, then laying a concrete bed over the girder, installing the track, electrification and signaling in this stretch. In addition to this the Tin factory metro station was also pending completion due to issues with land acquisition and that has been resolved as well, with the station near completion.

Currently BMRCL has finished its round of tests on the OWG and the civil works are almost complete. What is the next milestone is inspection by CMRS which is a requisite before starting of services. That is supposed to happen by the mid of this month following which the CMRS will provide a list of open findings. Once this is sorted, commercial services must begin by the end of this month IMO.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2023, 10:35   #252
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I am not sure why you arent aware of the exact progress, which has been regularly updated in the media as well as other forums.
Yes, yes, we are aware of the progress and the delays, especially if you follow the Namma metro forum on Skyscraper city. And that's thanks to the forums, not the media- I disagree that accurate progress is reported by the media- that's the sore point I brought up. How the media keeps reporting the flip-flops and again with absolutely certainty, the next "completion" date, which will be missed yet again. If you google, you'll see multiple such deadlines reported faithfully by the media, since June for this missing section of the Purple line.

It takes as long as it takes, that's fair enough. The issues with the open web girder are a hard fact. But we should expect accurate reporting from the press, and the press doesn't have to act like the PR arm of BMRCL. If they don't hold the agency and the government accountable, who will?

Last edited by am1m : 4th September 2023 at 10:38.
am1m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2023, 01:07   #253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Guys, I have to attend a function at Whitefield
I did not go because it would have been extremely tight. I could attend the function only if I arrived at Bangalore early morning by Kaveri express which is the only train stopping at Whitefield, but I could not leave the previous night.

I had to go to Bangalore again the very next week, last saturday, for a wedding reception at Jalahalli, for which we left by Vandebharat express early morning. We decided to stay overnight at Bangalore, pay a courtesy visit to the hosts at WF the next morning and return by the evening Shatabdi express. So we vacated our accommodation by 8 a.m. on Sunday, ate a sumptuous breakfast at CTR Malleswaram and took a cab to Bangalore City station where we deposited our luggage at the cloak room.

Then we took a metro train at 10 a.m. to Byappanahalli, got down, took the Volvo shuttle service to KR Puram metro station and took another train to Hopefarm which is the last but one station before Whitefield-Kadugodi. From there it was a short walk to our destination. We again caught a metro train to KR Puram at 1.30 p.m, repeated the process in reverse and reached the cloak room at Bangalore city station at 3.15 p.m. comfortably, to catch our train at 4.20 p.m.

The trip from Majestic Metro station took about one and a half hours each way. About fifty minutes of metro running time and the rest is going out, boarding the shuttle, reaching the other station and catching the other train. It takes another 15 minutes to walk to the Majestic metro station and then back to Bangalore City station. There are ten stations between KR Puram and Whiefield, which is the eleventh and final station.

It was overall a very convenient experience. The Volvo shuttle charges Rs 20, was not too crowded probably because it was a Sunday, and I found them to be quite frequent. Not much waiting time for them. I saw some non Ac shuttles too, probably with less fare.

Last edited by Gansan : 12th September 2023 at 01:09.
Gansan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th September 2023, 13:06   #254
Senior - BHPian

Are metro feeder buses available from SV Road to KR Puram metro station? And/or further towards ITPL?
Or is it only from Baiyappanahalli metro station?

Last edited by adisan : 19th September 2023 at 13:07.
Old 19th September 2023, 13:39   #255
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adisan View Post
Are metro feeder buses available from SV Road to KR Puram metro station? And/or further towards ITPL?
Or is it only from Baiyappanahalli metro station?
AFAIK, only from the byapanahalli metro station. 20 for the Aircon bus and 10 for the regular.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks