Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2016, 15:52   #91
Senior - BHPian

re: The Bangalore Metro rail (BMRCL) thread!

Good to hear. Really wish the Metro had come in sooner. I hope the system attracts new converts who will leave their vehicles behind and travel in peace, avoiding the hours of log jams. When is the Mysuru Road Station getting completed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
one can reach the kempegowda bus stand in majestic or the city railway station (metro station is inside the railway station campus) in about 20 minutes from byappanahalli
Old 1st May 2016, 16:21   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
When is the Mysuru Road Station getting completed?
Mysore Road station is up and running. Just took a ride from Mysore Road to Bayapanahalli, tunneling across Cubbon Park. It's a dream come true for South Bangaloreans to get connected to downtown.

Last edited by doxinboy : 1st May 2016 at 16:22.
Old 2nd May 2016, 09:56   #93
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
When is the Mysuru Road Station getting completed?
It's already open, last stop is Mysore Road (Nayandahalli). Since my friends live closer to the Attiguppe station I got down there. After Attiguppe, the next station is Deepanjali Nagar (near the Chord Road-Mysore Road junction) followed by Mysore Road station@Nayandahalli.

I'd mentioned this in my post, you probably missed it
Quote:
Last stop is Mysore Road (Nayandahalli), 2 stations away from Attiguppe.
Old 2nd May 2016, 10:32   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Took a ride on the metro this morning. Byappanahalli to Attiguppe ₹36 and took 35 minutes, perfect! What a stress free commute that can sometimes take upwards of an hour by road in extremely congested traffic.
Last stop is Mysore Road (Nayandahalli), 2 stations away from Attiguppe.
A good way to travel from East to West. Met up with friends who live near vijayanagar and had a breakfast meet
Best part is one can reach the kempegowda bus stand in majestic or the city railway station (metro station is inside the railway station campus) in about 20 minutes from byappanahalli
I stay 5 mins from Attiguppe station and this is a boon for me if i need to travel to MG road and beyond. Bye bye auto,taxi,personal transport. Half an hour to MG road sounds magical! Pity we had to wait till 2016 to experience this!
Old 2nd May 2016, 12:01   #95
BHPian

I plan to take my family to cubbon park later this week. I stay in Kasavanahalli. Can you please suggest where should i park my car (safe location) and use the metro to reach Cubbon park?
Old 2nd May 2016, 12:10   #96
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
I plan to take my family to cubbon park later this week. I stay in Kasavanahalli. Can you please suggest where should i park my car (safe location) and use the metro to reach Cubbon park?
I think the best option is to drive down to Byappanahalli or Swami Vivekananda stations, park your car there and take the train. Both these stations have parking space, but I prefer Byappanahalli as it has paid parking and seems safer than SV Road station. For some reason, they discontinued paid parking at the SV Road station and the parking lot does not feel very safe (since it is left unattended lots of grass and weeds have grown on the open ground), though there is usually a security guard around.

Last edited by NPV : 2nd May 2016 at 12:12.
Old 3rd May 2016, 05:15   #97
Senior - BHPian

Jmaru: The south part of this metro is stuck due to the Tunnel at Majestic. Currently only one tunnel is complete and 3 TBM are operating with about 100mts remaining to be completed. The estimate by BMRCL is 3 months for tunneling and 3-6 months for track and signalling.

They had a plan of transporting metro rails by truck to the south and hoisting it onto the track through a Crane but this didnt turn out as the cost was very expensive. All this is BMRCL and the govts fault for not planning well and the public suffers due to the same.

Good sign is the ridership on day 1 and 2 were close to 1lac a day. This has to increase to atleast 2-4 lacs for good success. If whitefield or E City was added this would have been a Blockbuster.

Maddy
Old 3rd May 2016, 09:31   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Jmaru: The south part of this metro is stuck due to the Tunnel at Majestic. Currently only one tunnel is complete and 3 TBM are operating with about 100mts remaining to be completed. The estimate by BMRCL is 3 months for tunneling and 3-6 months for track and signalling.

They had a plan of transporting metro rails by truck to the south and hoisting it onto the track through a Crane but this didnt turn out as the cost was very expensive. All this is BMRCL and the govts fault for not planning well and the public suffers due to the same.

Good sign is the ridership on day 1 and 2 were close to 1lac a day. This has to increase to atleast 2-4 lacs for good success. If whitefield or E City was added this would have been a Blockbuster.

Maddy
The primary reason for the South section not being open even partially is the lack of a depot on the Southern end of the section which is required for certification. This means that the only depot in the South - North line is at the northern end which then needs the tunnelling to be completed.

I agree that it was bad planning on their part but hopefully, we will see the full line open by the end of the year.
Old 3rd May 2016, 09:41   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabasco Sauce View Post
I agree that it was bad planning on their part but hopefully, we will see the full line open by the end of the year.
I wouldn't attribute fully to bad planning. As highlighted many times by other members in this thread, it is the underground section which took more than estimated time. The goal was to bore around 9m per day but sometimes they could just bore 1m or 2m in some stretches. Added to that the machine broke down - had to be disassembled and assembled back underground. Having learnt these lesson in phase 1, BMRCL, in phase 2 & 3, has planned only above ground links.

Here is suggestion from BMRCL - BMRCL ASKS TECHIES TO DISEMBARK AT SV ROAD STN
Quote:
The Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited (BMRCL) has asked techies who have started using the east-west metro corridor to commute to work in Whitefield not to alight at Biayappanahalli metro station, and instead disembark at S V Road Station, one stop before Baiyappanahalli. The reason cited is that techies boarding feeder service buses in large numbers would cause traffic jams on the busy Old Madras Road.

On Monday, the BMRCL estimated that 30,000-odd techies used the metro. Speaking to Bangalore Mirror, U A Vasanth Rao said, "We request techies and professionals to alight at S V Road instead of Biayppanahalli. At S V Road station we have bus bays for feeder buses, which we don't have at Baiyappanahalli. Right now a large number of feeder buses are parked near Baiyappanahalli station and are causing traffic jams. The traffic police concur with our assessment."
Old 3rd May 2016, 10:17   #100
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
They had a plan of transporting metro rails by truck to the south and hoisting it onto the track through a Crane but this didnt turn out as the cost was very expensive.
So how will they eventually get the rails to the Southern side ?

When you say Metro "rails" do you mean the tracks or the coaches ? I'm confused!

I think track laying is already complete on the southern section so guess you meant the coaches ?

Last edited by NPV : 3rd May 2016 at 10:20.
Old 3rd May 2016, 11:07   #101
Senior - BHPian

Lots of my friends are taking metro. Parking at Nayandahally is good. I am planning to use the same tomorrow.
For some people taking a taxi from Nayandahally to their house a couple of kilometres and the same from Byappanahalli to ITPL works out cost effective and much faster
Old 3rd May 2016, 11:25   #102
Senior - BHPian

NPV: my bad, plan was transport the coaches by trucks and raise it onto the track by cranes. Now that is not happening. You will have to wait for the tunnel to get done. One of the primary reason for the delay is one contractor using a bad TBM for this terrain.

Is the phase 2 going to be all elevated?

Maddy
Old 3rd May 2016, 15:35   #103
Team-BHP Support

I'm thinking of trying out the new line this weekend, between Mysore Road Stn. & MG Road. We frequently go to the generic MG Road/Brigade Road/Indirinagar/Ulsoor sector so this could turn out just swell!
Old 3rd May 2016, 21:02   #104
BHPian

Quote:

Maddy
Sorry! This does NOT hold water. The east corridor was inaugurated even without the tunnel work being started at Majestic. How did they hoist metro rakes on eastern corridor, northern corridor or western corridor, could have been same with the southern corridor.

There should be some other reason or concern. AFAIK, nothing to do with tunnels or hoisting of rakes onto the tracks.
Old 3rd May 2016, 22:06   #105
Senior - BHPian

Jmaru: I know, it could also be the reason for no shed planned in this sector. Basically the majestic interchange delay is a major factor.

If anyone is interested in all metro projects in the country, do check out the website : themetrorailguy.com
It has detailed info as well as updates monthly.

Phase 2 of the metro will have 13.79 Kms of underground section between dairy circle and Nagawara.

Maddy

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks