Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2009, 18:46   #46
Senior - BHPian

Slight OT from the overall context of the thread, but the title is still applicable for my query.

What is the best possible way to ship a car from say Chennai to Gurgaon ? I might be moving there for a period of 4 months. Still wondering about the economic feasibility of the shipping via say packers/movers.
Old 16th March 2009, 19:25   #47
BHPian

A relative wants to bring a car from Ahmedabad,Gujarat to Pune, Mahrashtra.
The car is a 2/3 year old Honda City. What's the procedure and how much would it cost?
A slight twist is that the car is currently registered in the fathers name and the son will be using it in Pune. What should be the correct order of steps to bring the car to Pune?
Old 15th April 2009, 10:48   #48
BHPian

Hi guys, I have a slighlt twisted problem. Got my 11 year old OHC from Delhi to Mumbai around 3 years back. Did not bother with the NOC from Delhi. The bad part is, I misplaced the RC about a year ago, and have had to pay regular 100-500 to cops at odd occasions, since I have a Delhi registration, no NOC, no original RC (have a copy of the RC in my name), not paid Mumbai Octroi.
Am now looking to move to bangalore, and have heard that RTO there is much more stringent than in Mumbai. I am planning to get my duplicate RC from Delhi, along with the NOC, so that I can apply for a 1 year temp registration in bangalore. Will probably sell off the car within a year.
Can someone, please, help me with the contact of a reliable agent who will sort the Delhi part for me, for a charge ofcourse (duplicate RC and NOC).
Thanks a ton in advance.

SKJ
Old 20th April 2009, 12:02   #49

@SKJ: You could try contacting the Automobile Association of Upper India (aaui.org). I recently contacted the AA of South India for an NOC cancellation and re-issue in Bangalore. They were quite helpful. You may need to get their membership though.

Hopefully, you'll have some luck too.

Cheers !
Old 1st June 2009, 21:14   #50
BHPian

I have a Baleno (2004) with a WB (Kolkata) number plate. I have to again pay tax in Nov this year. But now I am moving to Mumbai for atleast 8-12 months. What options do I have? Can someone suggest me the cheapest one, as I have to bear the expense myself?
Old 1st June 2009, 21:50   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
Slight OT from the overall context of the thread, but the title is still applicable for my query.

What is the best possible way to ship a car from say Chennai to Gurgaon ? I might be moving there for a period of 4 months. Still wondering about the economic feasibility of the shipping via say packers/movers.
I wouldn't mind driving it from chennai to gurgaon for you,man
Old 2nd June 2009, 16:11   #52
BHPian

Both the points mentioned are correct, but the #2 is not MUST. I mean once you pay LTT (alongwith address change) in West Bengal, you can drive with KA registration. If you wish you can opt for new registration by application on plain paper. But it's good to have it changed as cops will not catch you by just looking at ur KA registration plate.

Regarding NOC. it's better that you take NOC first before moving your car to WB as for getting NOC you need to produce your vehicle to RTO, they take engin-chessis numbers embossed in papers. So, if you take your car to WB without NOC then in future whenever you need NOC, again you need to take your car back to bangalore....

Hope above is clear enough.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb_majumdar View Post
I want to shift to Kolkata from Bangalore shortly, with my car (Getz GLX 2008 model). My car is KA registered.

I will have a residence in Bangalore as well as in Kolkata (with proof) for now. However, Kolkata certainly seems to be the likely permanent home for my car.

Reading several threads here, I understood that:

1. I need to take NoC from Bangalore RTO and pay road tax in West Bengal.
2. Re-register my car in Bengal? (Is this needed?) But i can do this anyway.

The more important question for me (as of now) is:
Can I take my car to Kolkata now without a NoC and get the NoC from Bangalore RTO later (after a month or two)? I will come to Bangalore many times before 3 months or 6 months deadline.

Or, do the RTO guys want to see the car while giving the NoC? I don't want to bring my car back to get the NoC.

Time is an issue now for me!
Old 8th June 2009, 10:43   #53

NOC Tip

A tip about the NOC: at the place of current registration, try and get an "Open NOC", which basically means that the name of the destination RTO is not specified.

The reason being, that in some places (definitely in Delhi and Hyderabad) when you take your car to get re-registered at the destination RTO, you need to go to the RTO which has jurisdiction over the address you will give in your residence proof. If this RTO is different from the one specified in your NOC, then you may be given a royal run-around. For example, for moving to Hyderabad, getting an NOC for "RTO Hyderabad" may not work if your Hyderabad address technically fell under the jurisdiction of "Ranga Reddy District".

In case, the origin is refusing to give an "Open NOC" and you happen to know roughly which area you'll be staying in the destination, I'd sincerely recommend you pause to verify which RTO that address falls under.
Old 14th June 2009, 20:42   #54
Senior - BHPian

Hi,
I have a weird sort of a query. A friend of mine is planning on buying the ANHC. He stays in Pune.

Now in Pune the on-road is working out as 9.4 lacs. In Delhi it is working out as 8.83 lacs.

We were thinking of buying it here and driving down to Pune.

How feasible is the idea and what problems could we encounter?
Old 14th June 2009, 21:12   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradipk View Post
Regarding NOC. it's better that you take NOC first before moving your car to WB as for getting NOC you need to produce your vehicle to RTO, they take engin-chessis numbers embossed in papers. So, if you take your car to WB without NOC then in future whenever you need NOC, again you need to take your car back to bangalore....
Wrong! You do NOT need to show your car while applying for NOC. You do
need to submit the chassis no. imprints, which you can do yourself, and take
with you to submit in Bangalore.
Old 15th June 2009, 14:08   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat View Post
Wrong! You do NOT need to show your car while applying for NOC. You do
need to submit the chassis no. imprints, which you can do yourself, and take
with you to submit in Bangalore.
As I mentioned, the chassis no & engine no needs to be imprinted on form. Also this is done by the RTO inspector.
Now as you told, if you can manage by the way you told it's a different story but not sure all RTO people approve it. I mean as far as Bangalore & Gujarat is concern I have experience as I have done it for me & one of my friend.
Old 15th June 2009, 19:33   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradipk View Post
As I mentioned, the chassis no & engine no needs to be imprinted on form. Also this is done by the RTO inspector.
Now as you told, if you can manage by the way you told it's a different story but not sure all RTO people approve it. I mean as far as Bangalore & Gujarat is concern I have experience as I have done it for me & one of my friend.
And I have done it myself at Yeshvantpur RTO and Yelahanka RTO, not by
any illegal means as you seem to suggest!. Nowhere was I asked to bring my
vehicle. The application form asks for the imprint only, and does NOT specify
that it needs to be taken by an RTO inspector. If you were told so, you were
taken for a ride.
Old 9th September 2009, 14:23   #58
Senior - BHPian

Are there any rules for vehicle re-registration with regards to emission norms ? I have a 5 yr old BS-II M-800 that I will be transferring from Bangalore to Kolkata.

Will there be any problems in getting the vehicle re-registered in Kolkata because it's a BS-II vehicle and not BS-III ? I'll be getting the NOC from the RTO tomorrow.
Old 11th September 2009, 11:58   #59
Senior - BHPian

Here's my experience on getting a NOC from Bangalore :

1) Filled up form 28 in triplicate. Attach passport size photo to all forms. Emboss pencil print of chassis no. on all forms. Fill up other details like the destination RTO with RTO code.

2) Submitted the 3 forms alongwith RC book ( original ), PUC ( original ), Insurance ( xerox) to the KR Puram RTO. Was asked to come after 3 days.

3) Went after 3 days, was given a letter to be verified by the Police that it's not a theft vehicle. Went to the Police Commissioners office on Infantry road with the letter. There's a Motor Vehicle Verification Counter in the CCB(City Crime Branch) dept. Timings are 10-30 to 1-30 and 3-30 to 5-30. Submitted the letter and within 2 hrs got a letter stating that the vehicle is not a theft vehicle.

4) Submitted the letter back at the KR Puram RTO. They asked me to come after 3 days.

5) Went after 3 days and collected the NOC ( 2 copies were returned to me ). RC, insurance xerox and PUC were also returned. A note was made in the RC book stating that NOC was done for the destination RTO.

All this took less than 2 weeks, without paying a single paisa bribe. The only thing is that I had to visit the RTO 4 times. Overall experience at the RTO was positive, the folks helped me out with some mistakes I made in filling out the form despite me not knowing the local language.

Hope this helps the Bangalore folks.
Old 13th December 2010, 14:04   #60
BHPian

Re: Process of moving from a state to another

Need advice. I am shifting to Kerala (North Paravoor) from Bangalore for good, and want to shift my car as well. Its a company car (means, registered owner is my company). This is what I need to do.

1. Close the lease with the company and transfer the ownership under my name.
2. Complete the transfer formalities and re-register (I need KL registration number) this car at N.Pravoor RTO.

Please help me with process of doing this through an agent. While the post from sdp1975 is very detailed, it will be difficult for me to do this myself. Can someone suggest a good/reliable agent who can do this for me at KA side. I suppose, I will have to find another agent at KL side to complete the re-registartion activity as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks