Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2011, 14:41   #61
BHPian

Process of transferring the car from Goa to Bangalore

Hello Friends,

My Cousin has recently bought a Maruti 800 Euro II Car in Goa. The Car is around 7 years old and he is the second owner of the vehicle. He works for IT Company in Bangalore and for last 5years. He now plans to take the car to Bangalore.

He has already taken an NOC from the Local RTO (Margao).

What all formalities he needs to follow for transferring the car to other Bangalore.
Old 15th January 2011, 16:01   #62
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Process of moving from a state to another

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurudatta Nayak View Post
My Cousin has recently bought a Maruti 800 Euro II Car in Goa. The Car is around 7 years old and he is the second owner of the vehicle. He works for IT Company in Bangalore and for last 5years.
He won't be able to register the car in Bangalore anymore. Only BS-IV cars allowed in BS-IV city RTOs.
Old 15th January 2011, 16:06   #63
MX6
Senior - BHPian

I believe he will just need to pay the road tax and continue driving on his GA registrations. And he can continue driving till a squad catches him where in he has to pay it immediately. If he tries running around to pay road tax, he'll be just running from pillar to post!
Old 16th January 2011, 11:51   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
He won't be able to register the car in Bangalore anymore. Only BS-IV cars allowed in BS-IV city RTOs.
Sorry for bothering you GTO, but a friend of mine was recently transferred to Bangalore from Mumbai and wants to take his 2008 NHC with him there. Does this mean he can no longer do this?
Old 16th January 2011, 15:29   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt View Post
Sorry for bothering you GTO, but a friend of mine was recently transferred to Bangalore from Mumbai and wants to take his 2008 NHC with him there. Does this mean he can no longer do this?
Of course he can. He just needs to pay the KA road tax and use the vehicle with MH plates. The issue comes up only when one wants to register the vehicle in Bangalore.
Old 16th January 2011, 16:59   #66
BHPian

@Jaguar thanks for the reply. But this leaves me more confused. He's likely to be there long term, so is it not mandatory for him to register the car in KA? How long can he drive with his MH numberplates? Apologies for bothering you.
Old 16th January 2011, 23:33   #67
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt View Post
@Jaguar thanks for the reply. But this leaves me more confused. He's likely to be there long term, so is it not mandatory for him to register the car in KA? How long can he drive with his MH numberplates? Apologies for bothering you.
The KA RTO is only bothered about the financial aspect of the law, and not the law per se. Although the law states the registration should be changed within a year, that part is not mandatory if you say you would be returning back soon, and have already paid the road tax.

I paid the road tax in KA for my AP registered bike, and when stopped by the cops, the tax paid receipt has ALWAYS sufficed.
Old 26th March 2011, 12:44   #68

Can I transfer my M800 to Noida ?

guys,
I need to transfer my M800 from mumbai to noida. Recently i came to know that in NCR cars without the BS IV norms are not being registered.
My car is a M800 - 2000 MPFI model

Please do let me know if i can still transfer and register my car in noida

Thanks

MODS: Please move the post to the appropriate section if necessary as i could not decide under which section to post my query.
Old 26th March 2011, 14:00   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Can I transfer my M800 to NOIDA ?

You cannot. Delhi and a radius of 200 km has a ban on re-registration of non-BS-IV vehicles. But you can continue to drive an out-of-state registered car in the NCR area without fear of police harassment.
Old 26th March 2011, 16:39   #70
Senior - BHPian

As SST mentioned, one can drive out of state vehicles in NCR.

The police doesn't stop outside vehicles.
Old 26th March 2011, 16:55   #71
Senior - BHPian

are you shifting to Noida permanently? else as mentioned, you could always drive with current registration plates.
Old 26th March 2011, 17:49   #72
BHPian

Unfortunately you cannot. I also use out-of-state registered car in Noida since last 11 years, rest assured police in Noida/Delhi will not harass you. Just keep all your papers in order. You wouldn't be troubled in this whole region(rather complete North India).
Old 26th March 2011, 18:00   #73
Senior - BHPian

We have a Mumbai '97 M800 running on Noida/Delhi roads since 5 years now and there have been no issues at all. But as has been said above, the rules are there against transferring the non-BSIV vehicles to that region. So it is not possible to transfer there but no issues at all in driving it there without taking NOC from MH and without transferring if you have uptodate papers in hand.
Old 26th March 2011, 20:07   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bama View Post
guys,
I need to transfer my M800 from mumbai to noida. Recently i came to know that in NCR cars without the BS IV norms are not being registered.
My car is a M800 - 2000 MPFI model
Please do let me know if i can still transfer and register my car in noida
It also depends on whether you are permanently shifting to NOIDA or are likely to go back to Mumbai or for that matter to Maharashtra. If you are likely to go back to Mumbai/ Maharashtra, then the car can go back from the NCR and again ply in its original place of registration.
Though you can use the car in the NCR for years together with no hassles, the problem will come when you want to sell your car, if ever. Then you would need valid papers for the NCR.
Old 26th March 2011, 21:39   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
You cannot. Delhi and a radius of 200 km has a ban on re-registration of non-BS-IV vehicles. But you can continue to drive an out-of-state registered car in the NCR area without fear of police harassment.
Without fear of POLICE HARRASMENT in Delhi they dont EVEN spare PB regd cars without harrassing then asking stupid questions as follows.
Why you are in Delhi
Why you brought your car inside city
How many days more you will stay here
Where you stay in Delhi
Next time if I see you again I will fine you
ETC ETC ETC..........

Last edited by IQBAL VEERJI : 26th March 2011 at 21:40.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks