Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2011, 10:45   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Can I transfer my M800 to NOIDA ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
Without fear of POLICE HARRASMENT in Delhi they dont EVEN spare PB regd cars without harrassing...
Delhi Traffic Police don't harass that way AFAIK, as is also validated by others who drive their non-NCR-registered car in the NCR region. tsk1979 drives a PB-reg Safari in NOIDA, maybe he can shed some light on whether he has been stopped and questioned.
Old 28th March 2011, 11:19   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
Without fear of POLICE HARRASMENT in Delhi they dont EVEN spare PB regd cars without harrassing then asking stupid questions as follows.
Why you are in Delhi
Why you brought your car inside city
How many days more you will stay here
Where you stay in Delhi
Next time if I see you again I will fine you
ETC ETC ETC..........
To put in on record, I have been driving BR registered car in and out of Delhi, every day, 6 days a week for last three years and not even ONE single traffic cop has stopped me to ask any such question ever and dare he harass you, take down his name and report it to JCP(traffic) through Facebook. If the cop does his duty and you are following the law then its okay.
Old 29th March 2011, 12:41   #78

Re: Can I transfer my M800 to Noida ?

Thanks for all the responses guys.
I will be shifting permanently to noida. the car is a eruo 2 compliant vehicle.
i am planning to pay the state tax for UP so that there are no issues with the police.

the car will initially be driven between noida - gurgoan and in some months will retire to noida region as i plan to buy a new car later

Please do let me know if there will be issues . i talked to an agent on the phone and he said that i can register the car after 12 months ( i am sure he knows the rules and trying to get money from me )
Old 29th March 2011, 13:34   #79

another thing - i am applying for the NOC from mumbai RTO
Old 29th March 2011, 15:10   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
You cannot. Delhi and a radius of 200 km has a ban on re-registration of non-BS-IV vehicles.
With the right connections, you can. I managed to get my 2002, Euro-II Gypsy registered in NCR :-)

\N
Old 29th March 2011, 15:25   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bama View Post
guys,
I need to transfer my M800 from mumbai to noida. Recently i came to know that in NCR cars without the BS IV norms are not being registered.
My car is a M800 - 2000 MPFI model

Please do let me know if i can still transfer and register my car in noida

Thanks

MODS: Please move the post to the appropriate section if necessary as i could not decide under which section to post my query.
Actually , you can register your vehicle in Noida, the registration is not allowed for BS 3 its for new vehicle only.
I did it for my santro last year

Let me know if you want any further information
svpatra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2011, 15:38   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svpatra View Post
Actually , you can register your vehicle in Noida, the registration is not allowed for BS 3 its for new vehicle only.

Actually, non BS4 cars cannot be registered in Delhi whether new or used. Noida does not have the same pllution norm implications. Hence you can transfer non BS4 cars here without a problem.
Old 29th March 2011, 15:52   #83
Senior - BHPian

Re: Process of moving from a state to another

It is not an issue to drive a vehicle with out of state registration in some cities. For instance an inmate of our apartment complex is using a Delhi registered Tata Sierra in Chennai from 2003 onwards with absolutely no issues. He has not been pulled up even once in all these years.

But I was pulled up at least half a dozen times a year for using my Chennai registered Splendor in Bangalore during my five year stint there. The way I was frowned upon, I wondered whether I was a Bangladeshi immigrant or what! This despite paying the life tax for Karnataka as well!
Old 29th March 2011, 16:00   #84
Senior - BHPian

Re: Process of moving from a state to another

Quote:
Without fear of POLICE HARRASMENT in Delhi they dont EVEN spare PB regd cars without harrassing then asking stupid questions as follows.
Why you are in Delhi
Why you brought your car inside city
How many days more you will stay here
Where you stay in Delhi
Next time if I see you again I will fine you
ETC ETC ETC..........
Your location suggests that you live in Mumbai. Have you faced any such situation while driving in Delhi?

Maybe you mistook it (Delhi) for Bangalore I have a Gurgaon registered Swift which I was driving in Del while I was back home. In fact, I deliberately got HR registration to save road tax. Nobody stopped me even once.

Its difficult to imagine somebody driving say 'Hosur' vehicle (technically another state) in Bangalore without being asked stupid questions about it.The testimony is given below post: Delhi is chill that ways! Get you vehicle there; have fun!

Quote:
But I was pulled up at least half a dozen times a year for using my Chennai registered Splendor in Bangalore during my five year stint there. The way I was frowned upon, I wondered whether I was a Bangladeshi immigrant or what! This despite paying the life tax for Karnataka as well!
Wonder why do they create such a fuss for petty issues. my pick is, they just want to tell everybody who is from outside the sate: Who's the boss! Controversial, but true.

Last edited by Abhi_Automobile : 29th March 2011 at 16:05.
Old 7th June 2011, 11:58   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by svpatra View Post

I have the noc from the mumbai RTO .Questions -

1) What is the next step ?
2) Will the number change or will i only pay the road tax and retain the mumbai number?
3) what are the approx charges for the road tax and reg. The car is 2000 passing but i do not have the original invoice.
4) how much will the brokers charge - i was quoted a "fee" of 2K - 3K over the reg / taxes.

thanks in advance

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks