Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2012, 13:55   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Branded Apparel Thread

Levis Jeans are the best. i prefer only 527 and 517 since they have some boot fit cut.

I recently bought FCUK T shirts and a macpherson shirt. it is a real cool shirt with a special kind of collors which i have not seen so far
Old 27th November 2019, 13:15   #32
BHPian

Reliable Laundry and Dry-Cleaning in Bangalore

Didn't find a relevant post for this, hence started the new post. Request the moderators to kindly move it if necessary. Thanks.

What are the reliable places people are aware of for laundry and dry-cleaning services in Bangalore? Would be helpful to have some database on that.

I have tried few local ones and band box ones. Although I have preferred band box ones in general, they still fall (very) short on expectations and professionalism.

One of my good shirts came back looking pretty much as it did before the dry-clean service.

Another shirt came back with sweat stains near the armpits! I am absolutely positive it wasn't there earlier.

Most of us do like to take good care of our clothes, but the dry cleaners have been largely unreliable.

Hope people will chime in with their list of positive and negative experience with names and address of stores one could count on.

Also, if there are any good coin/card operated laundromats that would be good to know as well.
Old 27th November 2019, 13:18   #33
Senior - BHPian

Re: Reliable Laundry and Dry-Cleaning in Bangalore

Try Laundry Basket.

My daughter uses it and says it is convenient for her and services are user friendly.
Old 27th November 2019, 13:27   #34
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyata View Post
What are the reliable places people are aware of for laundry and dry-cleaning services in Bangalore? Would be helpful to have some database on that.

I have tried few local ones and band box ones. Although I have preferred band box ones in general, they still fall (very) short on expectations and professionalism.
Band box used to be a very good and premium place till the mid 90s and then started to decline with their shoddy quality of work.
I'm not sure which side of the city you reside in, but if you're nearby to Indiranagar, I can suggest Greatway dry-cleaners who have an outlet on the cross road beside the Indiranagar metro station (just off CMH Road on the side that has the A2B/G K Vale). The same family runs another store in New Thippasandra on a cross road near the Vegetable market (just off the BEML/Thippasandra main road).

We've been using the services of these establishments for several years and haven't been disappointed.

The other premium chain is fabric spa, but don't have any first hand experience.

Last edited by NPV : 27th November 2019 at 13:29.
Old 30th November 2019, 20:44   #35
BHPian

That's an awkward merger of threads/posts - almost insulting the human intelligence!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrprabhu View Post
Try Laundry Basket.
Thanks Prabhu. Have looked them up. Will try them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I can suggest Greatway
Thanks NPV. Have them on my radar now and will get them on one of my detours.
Old 1st December 2019, 08:08   #36
Senior - BHPian

I still stick to BAND BOX in Jayanagar. They're Rs 5 more expensive, and even though their quality has dropped (I agree, but not shoddy) I have not found an able replacement. There is a James Bond (but expensive)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Band box used to be a very good and premium place till the mid 90s and then started to decline with their shoddy quality of work.
Old 1st December 2019, 11:35   #37
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I still stick to BAND BOX in Jayanagar.
The one I mentioned (Greatway) is a local shop with just one other "branch" owned by the family, not really a brand like Band Box. That said, these guys have been around since the early 80's in Indiranagar and later opened the other shop in the mid 90's in Thippasandra. In this side of town, I found them to be better (and cheaper too) I'm guessing there may be such local shops in other localities of Bangalore as well that old timers residing in those areas will know.
Old 1st December 2019, 11:45   #38
Team-BHP Support

Need suggestions for general apparels which do not have any kind of logo out in front and if it has to, it should be discreet.

In Jeans, Esprit and Zara are discreet. In shirts and polos, M&S and Zara try to conceal their logo. Any similar priced brands with better fabric?

Polos, Shirts (casual), Chinos and Jeans. For these 4, so, it is a general query.

Precisely why, I never got myself Alpinestars, the branding is just too prominent.

Last edited by Sheel : 18th December 2021 at 21:50.
Old 1st December 2019, 12:01   #39
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Polos, Shirts (casual), Chinos and Jeans. For these 4, so, it is a general query.
For chinos you can try Louis Philippe, no prominent logos/branding (quite subtle and small). I think other brands like Allen Solly, Van Heusen, Peter England also do not have prominent logos on the Chinos, but on T-shirts they do have the logo and it may sometimes be in a contrasting colour and hence may be easily visible but I don't think they scream for attention like some other brands

Last edited by NPV : 1st December 2019 at 12:08.
Old 1st December 2019, 12:03   #40
BHPian

Where to buy Levi's 550 relaxed fit or wrangler 9760 relaxed fit jeans in India? Any other Indian brand offer these cuts? Prefer heavy rugged denim that can take abuse and can be worn all year round in North India.
Old 1st December 2019, 13:24   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Need suggestions for general apparels which do not have any kind of logo out in front and if it has to, it should be discreet.

WLS (Previously known as wills life style) does not have any branding on their formal wear.
Old 1st December 2019, 13:43   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have few plain polos from UCB, Lee, and Izod which have logo at the chest but in the same color. It is almost invisible. Now a days it is difficult to find polos without visible logos.
Old 1st December 2019, 14:38   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roamer012 View Post
WLS (Previously known as wills life style) does not have any branding on their formal wear.
I believe they are winding down as told to me by a ITC group employee. They have been having periodic discount sales.
Old 1st December 2019, 14:58   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
I believe they are winding down as told to me by a ITC group employee. They have been having periodic discount sales.

Possibly true since they closed down there store in my city as well. But then again, why go through massive rebranding exercise of moving away from Wills name only to wind up the operations? Nonetheless it remains my favorite office wear brand and ditto for my better half as well. It will definitely be missed.
Also discounts have become a part and parcel of retailing in India specially in clothing sector with exception of Zodiac which incidentally has only company owned and operated stores till date. And i just remembered, Zodiac also has zero logos on their clothing.
Old 2nd December 2019, 06:21   #45
BHPian

Interesting thread..having changed my role most of my work gets done from home and therefore have not bothered shopping for the last year

Trousers - I prefer M&S as their fit is quite good. It is relaxed but still formal

Shirts - Has to be cotton world. Great shirts, last a lifetime. They were quite cheap compared to the Van Husens of the world. Not sure now. They keep changing the selection every two months

Jeans - was a die hard fan of Levi’s, but they are damn expensive compared to the Indian brands. I keep thinking about the fact that the cloth is typically sourced from India, the stitching from South east Asia and they cost double of an Indian jean. I picked up my one and only pair this year from van used after my Levi’s gave up on me at one third the price of Levi’s

Shoes - Has to be Clarke for formals and semi formals. For sports it is Nike or Ascis. All these are amazingly comfortable. With a wider foot than normal I feel these are much better. The best for wide feet I feel is New Blanche. Difficult to get though

T shirts - Round necks anything goes as they go out of shape very quickly. Collared ones it has to be Lacoste- very expensive but last the test of time. Had a couple gifted never had the temerity to buy. Park avenue all the way

Suits - stitched only at PN Rao, Bangalore
subraiyr is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed