Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2021, 14:31   #61
BHPian

Re: The Branded Apparel Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Not sure if there is a separate thread on formal/ tailored wear, so posting on this thread. I am looking for a formal/business suit tailor in Bangalore, specifically other than the usual suspects of PN Rao, Raymonds, Prestige, Reid and Taylor etc. The main two requirements are good fit and finish, and importantly, reasonable tailoring prices. From what I have seen, a tailored suit at the aforementioned places run into Rs. 20,000 and often well above this, whereas, I am looking for tailored suits within Rs. 10 k max, all inclusive (including material cost).
I know you have ruled out Raymond's and my response might be off by a couple of years to your original query, however recently checked out Raymond's - Made to Measure and they were surprisingly delivering tailored suits @ ~10K. You might want to check them out again. This might have been part of ongoing sale or just like any other brand, year round sale.
Old 18th December 2021, 21:54   #62
Team-BHP Support

Does Columbia make one of the warmest jackets or are there other brands too? With winters getting harsh, the regular jackets aren’t as warm. I hate to have anything more than 3 layers (thermals / sweatshirts & jackets).

Thanks.
Old 19th December 2021, 01:19   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Does Columbia make one of the warmest jackets or are there other brands too? With winters getting harsh, the regular jackets aren’t as warm. I hate to have anything more than 3 layers (thermals / sweatshirts & jackets).

Thanks.
What kind of temperatures are you looking at?

Decathlon will have some options.
I have seen North Face available online, but have no experience of buying it in India.
Also, up north, in places where one does see sub-zero temperatures, you will get many options (not branded) that are very good and pocket-friendly.

Columbia does make good stuff, but their availability in India is pathetic. At least in Bangalore. I tried ordering some stuff through their store here and gave up. The sales guy to his credit showed me the follow-up emails he was sending to their warehouse but was not getting any response. Their online store is also not that great with no proper details of the color or size. I ended up returning the trekking pants I ordered since they didn't match the photo.

Last edited by Jaguar : 19th December 2021 at 01:33.
Jaguar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2021, 04:56   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post

Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
What kind of temperatures are you looking at?

Decathlon will have some options.
I have seen North Face available online, but have no experience of buying it in India.
Also, up north, in places where one does see sub-zero temperatures, you will get many options (not branded) that are very good and pocket-friendly.

Columbia does make good stuff, but their availability in India is pathetic.
Columbia has two lines for low temps - base layer and down feather jackets. Available offline in metros and online too.
Alternates are available from Decathlon in form of down fill jackets which are rated for temperatures till negative 5 degrees. Available in stores and online too.

Other brands used - Gas and Gant both are costlier than even Columbia.

Have been a user of all of the above and at around 5k for down fill jackets from decathlon, nothing comes closer.

Using these in Jalandhar where yesterday’s minimum temp was 0 to 2 degrees depending on which weather service you checked.
roamer012 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2022, 12:17   #65
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Reviving the thread with an enquiry on Japanese Denim.

Any leads on where to buy in Bangalore or anywhere in India. Google throws multiple online stores but I would like to try them before clicking the buy button.

Any help appreciated.
Old 14th August 2022, 12:28   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post

Any leads on where to buy in Bangalore or anywhere in India.
I recall seeing Japanese Denim in an Allen Solly store in BTM layout. You may want to call and check with any of the Allen Solly stores.
DigitalOne is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2022, 16:15   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any help appreciated.
Not an expert but have you checked Uniqlo and Muji (sold in Ajio)?
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2022, 16:28   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Just curious, what is so special about Japanese Denim? Never noticed such a thing before.
Old 14th August 2022, 17:20   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post
Just curious, what is so special about Japanese Denim? Never noticed such a thing before.
Couple of videos

Last edited by Latheesh : 14th August 2022 at 17:22.
Latheesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th August 2022, 17:58   #70
BHPian

Thank you. After playing these videos, I have started getting Japanese ads on Team BHP.
ajayc123 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th August 2022, 19:26   #71
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Not an expert but have you checked Uniqlo and Muji (sold in Ajio)?

I haven't, will check them out. Thank you
Old 16th August 2022, 08:12   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Any leads on where to buy in Bangalore or anywhere in India. Google throws multiple online stores but I would like to try them before clicking the buy button.

Any help appreciated.
Check out Korra Jeans available as a sub brand from the Bombay Shirt Company (you can go to their stores and check out available samples of the quality). From what I have noticed, this seems to be one of the few authentic raw denim stores in India. The concept is a fairly new one in India.With the relatively steep prices of the big brands across the world (Oni, Nudie, Asket, Iron Heart), they are very unlikely to ever launch or find a market among the Indian populace. Hence, Korra seems to be one of the few realistic options with relatively digestible prices. They do have a few Japanese demin products in their lineup as well. I do not own any, but have been thinking of picking up a pair of raw denim recently.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 16th August 2022 at 08:14.
arindambasu13 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2022, 15:43   #73
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

What are the brands that still make regular fit Chinos ? (preferably flat front not pleated).

Louis Philippe was my fav all these years, though their Classic Regular fit Chinos are pleated and way out of style now Currently, even their brand stores aren't stocking these anymore!
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2022, 16:00   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
What are the brands that still make regular fit Chinos ? (preferably flat front not pleated).
Colour Plus, Westside and Levi's. I can think of only these 3.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2022, 18:07   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
You can try Indian Terrain. I found their fit to be very good.
fordday is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks