Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2012, 21:51   #61
BHPian

re: The Delhi Bus Rape Case. UPDATE: Ram Singh Suicide. The 4 others sentenced to DEATH.

I might sound irrational/illogical here. But the TRUTH is in mine/yours/our India (I specifically mean our country) unless these things happen to high & mighty people of our country i.e politicians, police personnel and the cream of the society, the common average man will suffer from these brutal attacks across the country.

Why am i saying this ? Well these same things happen every 3 months across our country to foreigners who get raped, beaten, abused and our law authorities cannot guarantee safety to our "guests", then the common man has no hopes left.

Capital punishment or no, the real policing which will be done when an influential person suffers something like this will only help ordinary people be safe.
Old 19th December 2012, 22:10   #62
Team-BHP Support

re: The Delhi Bus Rape Case. UPDATE: Ram Singh Suicide. The 4 others sentenced to DEATH.

@ Mindgrinder : I frankly didn't understand what your post meant?

The only part I could understand was of making a point. Frankly, I made no point & no where I stated that you were labeling the offenders based on their region. I merely quoted your post.

I think you jumped the gun, honest.

Last edited by GTO : 20th December 2012 at 13:43. Reason: Quoted post deleted, hence...
Old 19th December 2012, 22:34   #63
BHPian

Hmm, Girl with boyfriend/male friend got raped.

- She was asking for it
- her dress provoked the 'poor innocent, harmless' fellow passengers.
- She is not married, she has a male to accompany! Shes a Wetc..
- Ah, We are a pack, also under influence, who would dare to complain.
- Every Indian citizen ( male, usually) is allowed to carry iron rods.

New meaning for freedom!

Maniacs. Retarded.

Maybe its time each and ever state take responsibility in providing jobs and cull this immigration to other state, for work and other 'free' right.

Disgusting.

I guess we have more retards than what appears on statistics.
Old 19th December 2012, 22:48   #64
BHPian

My work takes me to a lot of cities and earlier when my friends from other cities used to term Delhi as unsafe , I used to defend Delhi. Today I stand ashamed of being a Delhite. I am shattered because of what has happened. I am scared also because this can happen to anyone.

We can only talk about such incidents happening all around. TV channels will forget this in a couple of days. Candle light march and gatherings would end in a few days. But the trauma and pain of the girl would never end. Today she is unconcious and critical. Even if she survives she would never be able to live her life.

Change in the mindset of society is required at first. She was lying in a pool of blood in the middle of a busy road and that too half naked. Not a single person helped her or covered her for half an hour. When the police arrived they covered her with their jackets. Her only fault is that she boarded a bus to reach home.

We must on all our available platform must ask for strict,harsh and heinous punishment for the creatures who don't deserve to be alive. We all know that whats the punishment of rape in Saudi Arabia. Its high time we implement it in our uncivilised society.

Let's do our bit in spreading the awareness to control crime against women. Because if we can do something then we should be doing it.
Old 19th December 2012, 23:13   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford5 View Post
I might sound irrational/illogical here. But the TRUTH is in mine/yours/our India (I specifically mean our country) unless these things happen to high & mighty people of our country i.e politicians, police personnel and the cream of the society, the common average man will suffer from these brutal attacks across the country.

Why am i saying this ? Well these same things happen every 3 months across our country to foreigners who get raped, beaten, abused and our law authorities cannot guarantee safety to our "guests", then the common man has no hopes left.

Capital punishment or no, the real policing which will be done when an influential person suffers something like this will only help ordinary people be safe.
It is reprehensible that as a democracy, as a country that wants to be taken seriously, India cannot provide basic law and order for people in many places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaeJay View Post
Hmm, Girl with boyfriend/male friend got raped.

- She was asking for it
- her dress provoked the 'poor innocent, harmless' fellow passengers.
- She is not married, she has a male to accompany! Shes a Wetc..
- Ah, We are a pack, also under influence, who would dare to complain.
- Every Indian citizen ( male, usually) is allowed to carry iron rods.

New meaning for freedom!

Maniacs. Retarded.

Maybe its time each and ever state take responsibility in providing jobs and cull this immigration to other state, for work and other 'free' right.

Disgusting.

I guess we have more retards than what appears on statistics.
I would say that rape and other crimes against women probably happen much more often than statistics suggest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liferocks View Post
My work takes me to a lot of cities and earlier when my friends from other cities used to term Delhi as unsafe , I used to defend Delhi. Today I stand ashamed of being a Delhite. I am shattered because of what has happened. I am scared also because this can happen to anyone.

We can only talk about such incidents happening all around. TV channels will forget this in a couple of days. Candle light march and gatherings would end in a few days. But the trauma and pain of the girl would never end. Today she is unconcious and critical. Even if she survives she would never be able to live her life.

Change in the mindset of society is required at first. She was lying in a pool of blood in the middle of a busy road and that too half naked. Not a single person helped her or covered her for half an hour. When the police arrived they covered her with their jackets. Her only fault is that she boarded a bus to reach home.

We must on all our available platform must ask for strict,harsh and heinous punishment for the creatures who don't deserve to be alive. We all know that whats the punishment of rape in Saudi Arabia. Its high time we implement it in our uncivilised society.

Let's do our bit in spreading the awareness to control crime against women. Because if we can do something then we should be doing it.
I am ashamed to be an Indian, that my country of heritage, which reveres women, allows these things to happen on a systematic basis.
Old 19th December 2012, 23:20   #66
Senior - BHPian

It is disgusting to even imagine that such an act took place. Maniacs, animals all of them.

There should be a public execution / punishment so that it serves as a good example for others. No one should even think about committing such an offense in future.

Death sentence is not an answer for this. The poor girl has suffered so much, more torture should be borne by those rapists. I sincerely hope that there is a change in the way this is being handled by the authorities.

Enough is enough now.
Old 19th December 2012, 23:34   #67

This crime is worse than Murder, these guys should not be hanged, they should be castrated and stoned in full public view.
But whatever we might think and want, are the decision makers interested and listening???
Old 19th December 2012, 23:38   #68
BHPian

We can make new laws and enact stricter punishments; hopefully these animals are made to suffer somehow. More than this, its time to have a discussion, everywhere, about what exactly the role of the modern woman is, in Indian society. This needs to happen because when you have an elected official saying that women should not venture out of their homes past a certain time, that's when democracy dies . Things need to change and I hope this tragic incident is the catalyst for it. This article, http://blogs.timesofindia.indiatimes...ndian-men-rape , is probably one of the better ones to come out of TOI. If people want to live in a civilized society, then they should act civilized.
Old 20th December 2012, 00:12   #69
NMM

I cannot think of a fit enough punishment for the rapists within our judicial system. A scene from a movie pulp fiction comes to mind ! can only wish they get done to them what marsellus wallace would do the hill billies who violated him !. I think in cases like this firstly it should be a fast track trial ending with death by castration. Fast justice for victims with cops who will also be accountable & audited on the way they treat the sensitivities of the victim during the course of justice with castration to death penalty for the perpetrator.
Old 20th December 2012, 00:20   #70
BHPian

Could not imagine the pain and torture that she went through. The law is toothless and value of human life is going downhill. Would only deterrence stop this or is it something more?
As someone said earlier, I too believe its a case of attitude of men in general who treat women as second-class citizens. A taunt or a sleazy comment on a woman is not considered crime and is generally looked over. Is it not the reason why the attitude gets momentum?.
Old 20th December 2012, 01:23   #71
BHPian

Never have I been awake till 1 AM at night just to follow the updates about the health of a girl who is ill. Never have i prayed for someone who i didnt even know remotely. Maybe its because she now represents our own sisters and mothers.

As if what happened wasn't horrific enough, the boy's father (with whom the girl was going) is taking the boy to his native place to 'allow him some time to recover'. Usual cowardly nature of boys/men. The least i would have expected him would be to remain in Delhi at least till the girl recovered completely. Never have i felt so low in my life. Never have i been ashamed of my country & myself. I blame not those who did this. I blame myself for allowing this kind of culture to develop.

The girl is undergoing her 5th consecutive surgery and doctors are hoping that she recovers after this. I am requesting everybody to include her in your prayers. Nobody knows whose prayer will be answered. Maybe yours will.

PS: 4 days ago, me and my uncle beat up two local boys mercilessly for passing comments on girls from our colony and then reported them at the local thana(the incharge knows my family). That day i got a lecture from my parents stating that i shouldn't have got involved and even i thought/repented that i was a bit too ruthless while beating them & i shouldnt have involved the police. But today i feel extremely happy that i reported them.
Old 20th December 2012, 02:10   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by searchingheaven View Post
Never have I been awake till 1 AM at night just to follow the updates about the health of a girl who is ill. Never have i prayed for someone who i didnt even know remotely. Maybe its because she now represents our own sisters and mothers.

As if what happened wasn't horrific enough, the boy's father (with whom the girl was going) is taking the boy to his native place to 'allow him some time to recover'. Usual cowardly nature of boys/men. The least i would have expected him would be to remain in Delhi at least till the girl recovered completely. Never have i felt so low in my life. Never have i been ashamed of my country & myself. I blame not those who did this. I blame myself for allowing this kind of culture to develop.

The girl is undergoing her 5th consecutive surgery and doctors are hoping that she recovers after this. I am requesting everybody to include her in your prayers. Nobody knows whose prayer will be answered. Maybe yours will.

PS: 4 days ago, me and my uncle beat up two local boys mercilessly for passing comments on girls from our colony and then reported them at the local thana(the incharge knows my family). That day i got a lecture from my parents stating that i shouldn't have got involved and even i thought/repented that i was a bit too ruthless while beating them & i shouldnt have involved the police. But today i feel extremely happy that i reported them.
You did the right thing. You should be proud of yourself. At this point, I don't think she will recover :(. Those rapists should think about their own mothers and sisters; but I don't think they will.
Old 20th December 2012, 02:38   #73
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by manasimehrotra View Post
This crime is worse than Murder, these guys should not be hanged, they should be castrated and stoned in full public view.
I often see these statements of stoning in full public view. Keep in mind public includes small children. Why should they stand witness to such taliban style violence. We can still be a civil society, tighten laws, and punish them to the fullest extent. Everyone is outraged, but sometimes feel people try to copy Taliban style handling too much.
Old 20th December 2012, 03:17   #74
BHPian

I'm deeply saddened by this incident. Those who committed this crime are just animals. They should not be hanged, but they should be made to suffer every second of their life. Feed them to hungry lions and tigers. They cannot escape just by being hanged to death. We want them to suffer and eventually suffer the rest of their life. Their parents should be ashamed of getting these creatures to life.
Old 20th December 2012, 08:18   #75
BHPian

This is such a multi faceted problem, solution is not easy. I wish god helps the girl to find the strength to overcome such a emotional and physical trauma.

The nature of the crime seems to be a spur of the moment act. You can't even compare this to the act of an animal. Only humans are capable of such violence.

There are only two options: reform or condemn. They don't deserve reformation. One of them openly says he wants to die. Maybe he should be.

Castration will permanently scar them, it maybe a tool to deter some criminals. But there are complications legally as I read in one of the reports. Criminals might opt for this in the hope of a lighter sentence. It is a strong deterrent though. It should be looked into.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks