Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2013, 13:58   #31
BHPian

re: Michael Schumacher in critical condition. UPDATE: Out of coma and back home!

Opened team-bhp just now and I am shell shocked.
Get well soon Michael. May God give you the strength to fight through this.
Old 30th December 2013, 14:44   #32
BHPian

re: Michael Schumacher in critical condition. UPDATE: Out of coma and back home!

Felt very sad when I heard the news. Get well soon, Michael. It will take a super human effort to come out of this, just like those blistering in-laps of yours. You can do it. Our wishes are with you.
Old 30th December 2013, 14:45   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm not a watcher of F1, but one thing you may not know of him is that he never cared much for fame, he participated and won titles out of passion. He never endorses brands just to pop into the news. Because of that, very few people know his charitable contributions to child welfare organisations like UNICEF, his own welfare and education trust, and to the Asian tsunami redelopment, all in tens of millions of Euros. A celebrity is not the same as a hero, for they earn from their talent. This man however, is a hero and a staunch family man with a heart. He even rescued a dog in Brasil, carrying it to catch the flight on time with his wife by driving the taxi himself. Its easy to be great at something but its harder just being good. Mr.Schumacher, your good work will not be forgotten and the world is waiting for you to resume them. Please don't ski again.
Old 30th December 2013, 14:55   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

The man who got me hooked onto F1. Get well soon Schumi. You've survived too much to give in to some rock on a ski slope!
Old 30th December 2013, 14:58   #35
Senior - BHPian

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/formul...-still-2972079

You can follow updates here. He did do what he liked doing and it means he was happy when this happened. One way i am praying he does not get out in a vegetative state but more of a recovered state.
Old 30th December 2013, 15:10   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, I am NO fan of F1; but he is easily my superstar from F1. Don't know what made me a fan of his; could be the aggressive maneuvers he was known for (?) or the time to which he held to the No.1 position in the game.

For me the first thing that comes to my mind is the Palio ad where he waits for service while the pit crew runs after a Palio which comes to the fuel pump. That was at an age where I was never able to understand the legends, but I love that ad.

Wish you a speedy recovery Schumi.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 30th December 2013 at 15:12.
Old 30th December 2013, 15:15   #37
BHPian

Always been a huge fan of Schumi, at least from the Benetton days, and it's extremely saddening to read about his condition worsening overnight.

Hope and pray that he recovers soon.
Old 30th December 2013, 16:13   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Had Michael Schumacher would not be with us now had he not been wearing a helmet, doctors said this morning.

They said: "We believe that taking into consideration the very violent shock, his helmet did protect him to a certain extent.

"Someone who would have had this accident without a helmet, he would certainly have not got to here."

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/formul...#ixzz2oxC0TruG
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook
Schumacher is still fighting for his life in an induced coma.

The seven-time F1 world champion has had one operation, which removed clots on the brain.

Doctors say they are working hour-by-hour and are unwilling to give any more information.

They did say, however, he wouldn't have survived without a helmet.

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/formul...#ixzz2oxC6nNLM
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook
Old 30th December 2013, 17:00   #39
Senior - BHPian

That is a very sad news. Best wishes to him for a speedy recovery.
Old 30th December 2013, 17:08   #40
BHPian

Get well soon, our prayers are with you, you are a born fighter and am sure you will be the winner....
Old 30th December 2013, 17:24   #41
Senior - BHPian

The recent update on Michael looks bad! I guess we will have to wait with prayers.

Some information on intercranial pressure here: http://formerf1doc.wordpress.com/201...t-how-and-why/
Old 30th December 2013, 18:14   #42
Senior - BHPian

Really sad accident and he had even his helmet on.
Wish you a speedy and complete recovery, Michael!
Old 30th December 2013, 19:39   #43
BHPian

When I read the first reports on this accident, most of them said he had a serious accident but was out of danger and that since he didn't lose consciousness and was wearing a helmet, he will be alright. Now it looks like he is critical and some experts in the field are saying that with such injuries, the worst usually comes a lot later with the brain swelling and that it was very hard to say so soon after the incident if he would make a recovery at all, and if he does, what state would he be in.

But somehow, something tells me he will be alright and will make a complete recovery. He is a fighter and will fight through this. Am quite certain we will hear some good news in a day or two.

Prayers are with you Michael. Get well soon.
Old 30th December 2013, 20:44   #44
Senior - BHPian

I had read about his accident last night and didn't want to sleep for fear that I will wake up to dreadful news.

Schumi is the foremost reason that I got hooked to F1. Hope he can make this victory number 92.

Sincerely hoping he gets out of this in a good way.
Old 30th December 2013, 21:17   #45
Senior - BHPian

Very sad to hear this bit of news, get well soon Schumi, our prayers are with you !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks