Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who will win the World Cup 2015 ?
Australia 64 34.04%
England 1 0.53%
India 44 23.40%
New Zealand 31 16.49%
Pakistan 2 1.06%
South Africa 43 22.87%
Sri Lanka 0 0%
West Indies 3 1.60%
Voters: 188. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2015, 14:55   #211
BHPian

Re: Cricket: The World Cup 2015 Thread

Well played Bangladesh! You showed the world yet again that you can play like tigers. Shakib, Soumya and Mahmudullah, you guys were brilliant. I hope the openers start contributing as well. That is the only thing missing in the team.

Watch out captain cool and co.! The quarters could be the toughest match yet for us.

PS: mods, you may want to consider adding Bangladesh to the poll at the start of the thread.
Old 13th March 2015, 20:16   #212
BHPian

Who would have thought that Bangladesh of all teams would give New Zealand a tough time!

India would do well to approach the quarter-final against them with the intensity of an India-Pakistan match.

Atleast Bangladesh has in the past done what Pakistan hasnt been able to do so - beat India in a World Cup game
Old 13th March 2015, 20:27   #213
Team-BHP Support

It was Bangladesh who had really won the match against NZ today! The other guys started choking halfway through. Good job really and at this pace, India has a lot to worry if they're facing them in the QF.
Old 13th March 2015, 20:31   #214
Team-BHP Support

I said it before, will say it again. A talented side with nothing to lose, Bangladesh can really be a handful in the knockouts. India can't afford getting complacent.
Old 13th March 2015, 20:41   #215
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
I said it before, will say it again. A talented side with nothing to lose, Bangladesh can really be a handful in the knockouts. India can't afford getting complacent.
There is the other side too. Maybe Bangladesh has already won its world cup by qualifying. I doubt if they will have the fight to make a comeback in the match if India start well. However, they will be pumped up if they are remotely on top and then put us under pressure as an underdog.

But I think we'll win.

SA - SL and Aus Pak (if it happens) will be more interesting
Old 13th March 2015, 21:51   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by miharbe View Post
Who would have thought that Bangladesh of all teams would give New Zealand a tough time!
NZ vs Scotland where NZ was chasing 143 was much more close than the Bangladesh game. Few more runs on board, NZ could well have lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
I don't Bangladesh are there yet. Apart from England, they haven't bowled out anyone among the qualifying teams. Top order batting has just not clicked and lots been resting on Mahmadullah, Mushfiqur or Shakib. Their best chance of winning any matches would be to bowl out the opposition. I don't think they have the batting lineup to chase down 300+ scores with an opposition that has a good bowling lineup.

Bangladesh should have won the 2012 Asia Cup against Pakistan. Its batting that left them down there too.
Old 13th March 2015, 22:21   #217
Team-BHP Support

I don't expect them to dominate India or win comfortably, but they have enough in their arsenal to make it competitive if they click as a unit. I don't think Bangladesh count as occasional lucky minnows anymore, at least not in the shorter formats.
Old 14th March 2015, 11:22   #218
BHPian

So Zimbabwe puts India on test, good thing for India. When I started watching the match in the morning, Indian team looked bit careless. Taylor played a wonderful knot. Though later bowlers came back and managed to maintain their record of taking all wickets of the opponent. But now batting is in trouble after loosing 2 wickets for just 21 runs.

Our batting remains untested so far. I was wishing the Zim scores 330+ When Tayor was batting, and it would have been a really good test for Indian batting before entering into next stage.

I wouldn't mind if India looses out today. Its better to loose against Zim in the group stage than loosing against Bangladesh in quarters and getting out of tournaments. Hope Indian team learns a lesson from today's match that they may have to pay a big price price if they take any team lightly in this tournament.

Last edited by tbppjpr : 14th March 2015 at 11:39.
Old 14th March 2015, 12:28   #219
Distinguished - BHPian

India in big trouble. 4 down, 288 looks like a mammoth target now. If India manages to pull a victory from here, it will be almost a miracle.
Old 14th March 2015, 12:34   #220
Distinguished - BHPian

I doubt they are winning from this position. The run rate has steadily climbed up to more than a 7 a over. I have always felt that after top 5 i.e. Dhoni, there is hardly any batting left. Jadeja and Ashwin are not very confident inspiring. So I feel we are going down by quite some margin today.

Having said that, how many more matches before we drop Rohit Sharma? I feel there is hardly any difference between him and Sehwag as both come to the pitch with lot of hoopla around and then gift there wicket in the most irresponsible way, match after match.
Old 14th March 2015, 12:41   #221
Senior - BHPian

Don't compare Sehwag with Nohit. Sehwag has won us more matches than Nohit can ever imagine.
Now the problem is if Nohit is dropped we don't have another opener. Rahane can open and Rayadu can take his place. But, I don't see Dhoni dropping his favorite Nohit.

And Match is still on till Dhoni is there. I hope we win and make it 6 out of 6.
Old 14th March 2015, 12:45   #222
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
If India manages to pull a victory from here, it will be almost a miracle.
We need miracles in the next couple of games & not today. It's not going to make much of a difference if we loose other than the fact that the winning momentum is affected!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
how many more matches before we drop Rohit Sharma? .
We used to say the same thing about Dhawan as well! Rohit will be back in form soon, the IPL begins next month!
Old 14th March 2015, 12:55   #223
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
We used to say the same thing about Dhawan as well! Rohit will be back in form soon, the IPL begins next month!
Well Honestly, I feel the same for Dhawan too. I understand form comes and goes. But these guys have just too many fluctuations for my comfort. Bombarding the bowlers in a 20-20 IPL game with no responsibility and media scrutiny is another task and these are all pretty good at it, I agree.

For instance Rahane still looks better to me as he looks to apply himself in rather than just come and start smashing, much like Gautam Gambhir.
Old 14th March 2015, 13:17   #224
Senior - BHPian

India has been known for giving good Farewells or helping in 'getting back to Form' to players so today they will oblige Zimbabwe to give a perfect Farewell to Taylor.
Old 14th March 2015, 14:08   #225
Distinguished - BHPian

Team India means just serious business - almost through. Raina and MSD have pulled out an almost impossible victory. Hats Off! The best thing about this chase was that they managed to score runs at a high rate without losing any wicket - that too under pressure!

Last edited by saket77 : 14th March 2015 at 14:16.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks