Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: When do you wear seatbelts? -
1. From the moment i sit in the car, to when i get out. Even if the car isn't moving 112 59.57%
2. When ever the car is in motion 57 30.32%
3. 60% highway - 40%city 15 7.98%
4. 60%city - 40%highway 2 1.06%
5. I don't wear one / My car didn't come with seatbelts 2 1.06%
Voters: 188. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2005, 23:37   #46
BHPian

My seat belts are strapped after the car keys go into the ignition.This is specific to me because in the palio there is a time lag between placing the key in the ignition and starting the engine.

Rahul
Old 28th March 2005, 01:01   #47
BHPian

I reach for the seat belt the moment I get into the vehicle,involuntarily.I've made it into such a habit that I don't drive cars which are not equipped with seat belts.I try to advice my co-passengers,customers and staff on the benefits of belting up.Some people,including a few in my own family,think it's a ridiculous habit,but I know who's the wiser.People who are accustomed to wearing seat belts abroad tend to temporarily discontinue their habit while visitng India.Some people will never learn.....
Old 26th April 2005, 15:36   #48
BHPian

#1 for me...got into the habit since the 1st time I drove on the expressway.
Old 26th April 2005, 16:09   #49
BHPian

90% of the time #1

sometimes when waiting for someone in a parking lot or something, take it off.
Old 26th April 2005, 16:48   #50
Senior - BHPian

Wear them from the moment I sit down and keep them on even when the car is idling. Feel uncomfortable without the belt...
Old 26th April 2005, 18:17   #51
BHPian

Wear them always.. also insist that the shotgun passenger wears it. Car wont move ahead without both front belts fastened..
Old 26th April 2005, 18:40   #52
BHPian

I also opted for the first choice. But I've got to say I never wore seat belts while in Kerala 4 years back. People would stare at you as though you're an alien or you're doing something that's really funny! I never realized its importance. Here in Delhi, it's compulsory to wear belts and thats how I got started off. Now 3-4 years later, I just cannot be without it, and it has become second nature. Get in the car, close the door, put on seat belt. Simple.

Manti.
Old 26th April 2005, 20:03   #53
BHPian

Voted for Option 1.....ever since I have been driving a car....I have worn them. Infact, once my omni toppled when I took a sharp right turn while braking hard and I was lucky to be wearing one, came out of the car without a scratch. Although I always used to wear seatbelts, but that incident actually proved to me that they are really life savers. I try to advocate the same to most people whenever I see them drive without one. However, most times I get such stupid responses like....

* I'll be trapped in the car if there was an accident and I was wearing a seatbelt....(as if he would have time to react and run off from an accident)
* Seatbelts are only a way for the cops to make more money......
* They are not required in the city since you hardly drive above 40KM/Hr......

The funniest thing I ever heard someone say when I asked him to put on the belt was.....boss my shirt gets creases, so I don't want to wear them..... lol

God .... give these guys some brains .....

Cheers!!!
Old 27th April 2005, 01:38   #54
Senior - BHPian

voted for option 1.
even sometime while chatting in car (when it isn't even started) i put on seat belt
just feels much unsafe without them (heck even used them recently on back seat)
Old 3rd May 2005, 22:32   #55
BHPian

i dont wear them when i m in cbd but once i m out of cbd i have to wear them as they protect u from getting fined and the also protect u from injury once i was in a mandir as i was comin out i saw a esteem slamming the brakes so hard that the driver flew out of the front windshield and there was a cop nearby told us that isiliye tum ko seatbelt pehenne ko bolta hai

Last edited by kooldude : 3rd May 2005 at 22:33.
Old 3rd May 2005, 22:41   #56
BHPian

Kooldude, why dont you wear them in CBD? The braking and popping out of windshield can happen even inside the CBD right?
Old 4th May 2005, 00:54   #57
Senior - BHPian

voted for option 1.

i started of wearing it because my dad woudnt let me drive without it now i just feel uncomfortable without it.the moment i get into the car , the first thing i do ( to be honest is )put some music on and wear my seatbelt and then drive off.

Rev
Old 4th May 2005, 10:38   #58
BHPian

i was fined 250 bucks for not wearing a seatbelt...in bangalore..ever since i am wearing it when ever i get to ride my car in the city..i feel slightly uncomfortable sometimes....
Old 4th May 2005, 11:08   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kooldude
i dont wear them when i m in cbd but once i m out of cbd i have to wear them as they protect u from getting fined and the also protect u from injury once i was in a mandir as i was comin out i saw a esteem slamming the brakes so hard that the driver flew out of the front windshield and there was a cop nearby told us that isiliye tum ko seatbelt pehenne ko bolta hai
you shouldn't wear seatbelts because they save you from fine but you should use them because they are life saver
but then again you think you are "KOOLDUDE"
Old 6th May 2005, 14:36   #60
BHPian

Have always been particular about wearing seat belts right from day 1 that i started driving....

And I have a simple quote for all co-passengers who dont wear seat belts:

"If i as the driver am wearing seatbelts, you must be real brave to not follow suit "

cheers
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks