Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2008, 03:44   #3256
BHPian

Dude remember when i was buying those 2 bikes at the Autocar stall along with Swapnil and you were like ***, buy the M5 instead..

And as far as the Toyota is concerned, lets see. I am going to Dubai in November, so will probably pic it up from there. Will make a trip to TOYS r US and see what they have on offer.
Old 26th September 2008, 12:22   #3257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit V8 View Post
here you go.
Thanks a ton for the pics Amit,
Hope to see it in flesh when I get it

I feel the finish looks pretty decent
Old 26th September 2008, 12:34   #3258
Senior - BHPian

btw that fiat is a 1:16 and not 1:18
Old 26th September 2008, 12:57   #3259
BHPian

Hi guys. I have been started collecting these scale models recently. Just as a begginer tried on with some bikes, as my brothers also found of bikes. Bought few 1:18 Miastos, that includes Yahama R1, Suzuki Hayabusa, BMW 1300, Harley-Davidson V-rod..
Theres this thing i realized, the paint work and everything seems to be good, but the plastics, with the silver polish, that represents the metals of the bike like the exhausts, the side gaurds, specially on the BMW 1300, have started fading off, exposing the original color of the plastic, which looks really bad. I was too keen to start adding cars to my collection, but this fading n chipping off of the polish is a big turn off, as you can't just go on with replacin the models every year. I have been really cautious with them by not letting any one mishandle them or even play with them.

Can some one suggest me few ways out of it? or how to deal with this?

Apart from that i just realized that the model art outlet in inorbit in mumbai is shut down. So are there any other outlets with good variety?
Old 26th September 2008, 13:06   #3260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
ohh so this is the New Gen!! Looks Very Good!! I am impressed with the quality of the new Bburagos.
some of them are good, like the e-type jag. my jaws were stuck after seeing that. 1200buks, same size as the 500, pretty red, convertible & above all you need to open the plastic locks to open the hood.(just like the real one).
Old 26th September 2008, 14:31   #3261
Team-BHP Support

Some pics of my Mini.

The Scale Model Thread-img_2629.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-img_2631.jpg
Old 29th September 2008, 11:11   #3262
BHPian

Hi All,

Yesterday, I decided to clean the loft in my room and found an old box filled with old clothes and just before I gave thoes away to the maid, i ran through it and found an old lost friend of mine hidden in perfect mint condition including the box with the date, OCT 1986. This LEO Truck used to be my best friend during my school days and alyways used to playing with this truck in the backyard. I was totally in joy and old memories came back after seeing this dear old friend of mine.

Are these trucks still available now??? not seen any shop in banglore selling LEO trucks any more.

Regards,
Sajan
Attached Thumbnails
The Scale Model Thread-dsc00104.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-dsc00105.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-dsc00106.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-dsc00107.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-dsc00109.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-dsc00108.jpg  

Last edited by Technocrat : 29th September 2008 at 17:04. Reason: Please use multiquote option if quoting different posts back to back
Old 29th September 2008, 12:13   #3263
Senior - BHPian

hey sajan i too had a similar mercedes container truck with green cabin was bought for me in 87......there was even tanker,dumper,flatbed and a trailer in this series.....
Old 29th September 2008, 12:15   #3264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
Hi All,

Yesterday, I decided to clean the loft in my room and found an old box filled with old clothes and just before I gave thoes away to the maid, i ran through it and found an old lost friend of mine hidden in perfect mint condition including the box with the date, OCT 1986. This LEO Truck used to be my best friend during my school days and alyways used to playing with this truck in the backyard. I was totally in joy and old memories came back after seeing this dear old friend of mine.

Are these trucks still available now??? not seen any shop in banglore selling LEO trucks any more.

Regards,
Sajan
OMG What an amazing post!!!

I think I had the exact same truck when I was a kid and played with it all the time. Let me know incase you dont want it or are giving it away. Id really like to have it.
Old 29th September 2008, 12:16   #3265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
hey sajan i too had a similar mercedes container truck with green cabin was bought for me in 87......there was even tanker,dumper,flatbed and a trailer in this series.....
Hey agspins,

I am looking out for the tanker and the mail or was it the milk truck not sure, but none of the toy stores have these. the hunt is on.

Regards,
sajan

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
OMG What an amazing post!!!

I think I had the exact same truck when I was a kid and played with it all the time. Let me know incase you dont want it or are giving it away. Id really like to have it.
Hey Khanak,

Thanks. It has got my childhood memories back. Not looking to part it, in case i think of giving it away, i shall keep you posted.

Regards,
Sajan

Last edited by Technocrat : 29th September 2008 at 17:03.
Old 29th September 2008, 12:22   #3266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshladha View Post
Hi guys. I have been started collecting these scale models recently. Just as a begginer tried on with some bikes, as my brothers also found of bikes. Bought few 1:18 Miastos, that includes Yahama R1, Suzuki Hayabusa, BMW 1300, Harley-Davidson V-rod..
Theres this thing i realized, the paint work and everything seems to be good, but the plastics, with the silver polish, that represents the metals of the bike like the exhausts, the side gaurds, specially on the BMW 1300, have started fading off, exposing the original color of the plastic, which looks really bad. I was too keen to start adding cars to my collection, but this fading n chipping off of the polish is a big turn off, as you can't just go on with replacin the models every year. I have been really cautious with them by not letting any one mishandle them or even play with them.

Can some one suggest me few ways out of it? or how to deal with this?

Apart from that i just realized that the model art outlet in inorbit in mumbai is shut down. So are there any other outlets with good variety?

Hi

There are a couple of things you could do to ensure that your models stay the same over time

- Avoid leaving your models outside where they collect dust
- Clean your models regularly and apply MIN cream to protect them
- Avoid exposing them to direct sunlight or keep them under a spotlight
- Don't play around too much with your models and don't let other people handle them

I guess this kinda makes collecting boring but then again if you want your models to last for a long time there are somethings you need to do.

Shoppers Stop and Lifestyle carry Maistos. Gift Centre in Fort carries Autoart,Kyosho & Bburago. Manoj Stores and Premsons carry a few models as well.

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
Hey Khanak,

Thanks. It has got my childhood memories back. Not looking to part it, in case i think of giving it away, i shall keep you posted.

Regards,
Sajan
As long as you are keeping it its allright. Make sure you take good care of the box as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Does anyone remember those Bburago keychains with 1:87 scale cars? The detailing used to be awesome on those.
The silver ones right? I have a Bugatti EB100 keychain which I never put any keys on until about a month ago.

Last edited by Technocrat : 29th September 2008 at 17:05. Reason: Please use multiquote option if quoting different posts back to back
Old 29th September 2008, 13:26   #3267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am looking out for the tanker and the mail or was it the milk truck not sure, but none of the toy stores have these. the hunt is on.
It was a mail truck with a red container on it the door of the container use to open..
it also had a small openable vent in the roof...
good luck for your search... try out at some old & small toy shops...
Old 29th September 2008, 13:36   #3268
Senior - BHPian

Wow sajan.. brought back old memories.. me too had a few of them.. a tanker, flatbed and the mail van.. dont know where the disappeared.. was fun playing with them.. just seeing the box use to excite me!! i remember putting light bulbs behind those headlights and the battery in the back.. was fun! Good work!

Last edited by Maverick5490 : 29th September 2008 at 13:37.
Old 29th September 2008, 14:46   #3269
BANNED

cheers: I had the red mail van. Man brings back memories. I used to stuff the small hotwheels car in the truck and carry it around.
Old 29th September 2008, 16:51   #3270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
The silver ones right? I have a Bugatti EB100 keychain which I never put any keys on until about a month ago.

Yep those are the ones. I have 3 keychains of Bburago. A Ferrari 348, 288 GTO and the Diablo.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks