Team-BHP - The Scale Model Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The Scale Model Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/1639-scale-model-thread-608.html)

Automania Stores is finally opening here in Mumbai on 26th October 2010.
This store will be the official store for Minichamps, Schuco, CMC Diecast, Franklin Mint Diecast models.
Here is the address:
Automania, Ground Floor, Prabhavinayak, Next to N1 Racing Stores, New Prabhadevi Road, Prabhadevi, Mumbai - 400025
@ Cyrus,
See the following link:
AUTOMANIA :: Minichamps ::MERCEDES-BENZ SLS AMG - 2010 - RED METALLIC

Just in this morning, a classic from the 30s... a 1935 Auburn 851 Speedster 'Boattail' in 1:24 scale from Franklin Mint. A fine model with outstanding details. Love the finish on this one, it's one of the finest models from the Mint

Model:Fiat 500 Abarth:Cheering:
Make:Bburago
Scale: 1:24
Price:INR 725

PS:Crappy picture quality, courtesy my aging 2MP camera phone:Frustrati

Future Options for the W140. The Last one is what I really want to do, But I will have to search high and low for wheels. Hopefully I will lay my hands on a few sets.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RPMPKDMFF (Post 2115763)
Just in this morning, a classic from the 30s... a 1935 Auburn 851 Speedster 'Boattail' in 1:24 scale from Franklin Mint. A fine model with outstanding details. Love the finish on this one, it's one of the finest models from the Mint

This one is awesome, And would have costed you whole lot of money. I wanted to have one of the Mint in my collection, priced put me off.

Quote:

Originally Posted by manishalive (Post 2116162)
This one is awesome, And would have costed you whole lot of money. I wanted to have one of the Mint in my collection, priced put me off.

Thanks, I have 2 more Mint models from long ago...
1. 1907 Rolls Royce Silver Ghost - Franklin Mint
2. 1969 Dodge Charger 'The General Lee' - Danbury Mint

I had put up the whole 1:24 lineup some time back - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/collec...ml#post2029875

Only today I introduced myself to this great community of car and bike experts. Of all the threads, I follow the scale model thread closely and almost every member who posts comments, advice and images of his collection has helped me to shape up my own small collection of scale models. it was only due to members like Cyrus that I got to know of Gift Centre, Mumbai. I made it to Mumbai one just to see this place and buy any model that I was longing for. This thread is so interesting that I have read all the 600+ posts on this forum. Some posts have even compelled me to add some models to my collection. A big 1:1 THANK YOU to each and every member here.:thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyrus43 (Post 2116147)
Future Options for the W140. The Last one is what I really want to do, But I will have to search high and low for wheels. Hopefully I will lay my hands on a few sets.

The last mod takes my vote. However, you need to be shot for even thinking of modding that car! :D

Ah the Boattail - a lovely evocative shape indeed!

Quote:

Originally Posted by RPMPKDMFF (Post 2115763)

beautiful bentley, jag and merc.
very nice photos indeed.
well done!
since you're sitting in England why not hunt up a Bentley Blower or any of those lovely 1920's and 1930's Bentleys and perhaps an old 1920's-1930's Lagonda as well? (if you find any in 1:43 - please think of me - Iam dead keen on those two marques in that particular size).:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyrus43 (Post 2112775)
LONG awaited Photoshoot!! Ram sir, Specially for you!! :D

Taking a Lead from Diecast Exchange, Let us Have a TeamBHP model of the month and Photo of the month Contest. MAybe we can work something out.

@RPMPKDMFF: Great Car. Do post pictures of the other two in your collection.

@Cyrus43: Sounds Good, Tell us how to go about it.

Well, I was thinking, Lets have a vote for Model of the Month and Picture of the month each month. But I dont know if this will work or not. LEts see.

Added 2 more Franklin Mint models to the Renaux Auto Garage... a pre-owned 1955 Rolls Royce Silver Cloud & a new 1955 Cadillac Fleetwood Series 60 (Elvis' Pink Cadillac)... and though the RR is pre-owned, it is in near mint condition.

@diesel_maniac - This takes my collection of Mint models to 5, four from Franklin Mint and one from Danbury Mint... I have added the lineup picture of all 5 here

L to R -
1907 Rolls Royce Silver Ghost - Franklin Mint
1935 Auburn 851 Speedster - Franklin Mint
1955 Cadillac Fleetwood Series 60 (Elvis' Pink Cadillac) - Franklin Mint
1955 Rolls Royce Silver Cloud - Franklin Mint
1969 Dodge Charger R/T 'The General Lee' - Danbury Mint

my Linea with the 328GTB

The Scale Model Thread-1.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-2.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-3.jpg