Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2012, 18:53   #10981

Re: The Scale Model Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolInMyVeins View Post
Wow!Wasn't trying to plug any website there.No commercial gain awaits me for trying to 'market' any other forum.So rest easy,mods.

Here is my little attempt to keep the beloved 'Scale-Model Thread' alive.Some random shots of my collection.First five photos show 1:12 scale-models.The others are all 1:18 except the Benz Patent Motorwagen which is in 1:10 scale.
Whoa Sid your collection still amazes me probably one of the best in bombay. BTW, 2 CCXs? Kinda makes me feel a teeny bit smaller
shahen9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2012, 23:47   #10982
BHPian

As I have mentioned earlier, this thread can be located below or above the "Modifications and Accessories" thread in the MAIN section.

As the "Modification and Accessories" thread deals in a passion, another passionate thread above or below it would only add value to both the threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Guys,

I understand that some Scale Model fans onboard aren't happy with this thread being moved to the "Shifting Gears" forum section. However, please note that the older forum section (where this thread was parked) - A Collection of the Best Threads - has been hard-deleted from Team-BHP. A lot of threads from that section were moved to the Shifting Gears forum.

I just took a quick look at all the other forum sections and there isn't a single one where this thread would fit in. If you have suggestions (constructive feedback), I'm all ears. Please use either the Suggestions thread or reach me on my email address (in my forum signature).

Also, do note that the public discussion of Administrative decisions is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP.

I do hope you've noticed the "Scale Models" category of our Photo Gallery.

Thanks
Old 3rd February 2012, 10:34   #10983
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
That's a month load of quota you have downloaded in a Day .

Did you bought Tamiya paints outside of India? Is the spray paint enamel. Also do yo find difference in finish between Tamiya acrylic paint and the local acrylic paint. I use the local ones and believe me they suck.

Actually I have still not found out the right solution to paint the samller bits. May be you experience will help me decide.
The finish with the Tamiya Spray pints are far superior and as i mentioned earlier are more suited for scale modelling since they are not as thick as the local paint (i tried BOSNY - horrible stuff except for the matt black). I keep going to Delhi. Also the Tamiya acrylic's finish is again far better and they dont feel sticky once they dry unlike the local acrylic paints and they feel more touch resistant.. There is a Tamiya dealer there, I buy my paints from him. Do let me know if you need anything from there.
Old 3rd February 2012, 23:24   #10984
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here is my little attempt to keep the beloved 'Scale-Model Thread' alive.Some random shots of my collection.
PIMV: you have an awesome, awesome collection buddy ! Keep posting .
Old 4th February 2012, 03:22   #10985
BHPian

Quote:
Wow!Wasn't trying to plug any website there.No commercial gain awaits me for trying to 'market' any other forum.So rest easy,mods.

Here is my little attempt to keep the beloved 'Scale-Model Thread' alive.Some random shots of my collection.First five photos show 1:12 scale-models.The others are all 1:18 except the Benz Patent Motorwagen which is in 1:10 scale.
Awesomee mouth dropping. Love the Transport trucks are cmc?
Old 4th February 2012, 09:04   #10986
Senior - BHPian

@PIMV, that is an astonishing collection and photoshoot!
Old 5th February 2012, 16:50   #10987
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Red Devil View Post
The finish with the Tamiya Spray pints are far superior and as i mentioned earlier are more suited for scale modelling since they are not as thick as the local paint (i tried BOSNY - horrible stuff except for the matt black). I keep going to Delhi. Also the Tamiya acrylic's finish is again far better and they dont feel sticky once they dry unlike the local acrylic paints and they feel more touch resistant.. There is a Tamiya dealer there, I buy my paints from him. Do let me know if you need anything from there.
Thanks for the info buddy, this is real good information. If you can update me on the prices of the same, it would be nice. I do visit Delhi often but rarely on that side of the city, but would make sure the time I catch with this store.

I use Bosny / chinese paint cans(bought from singapore), they give good results, I had used tamiya primer and clear coat in past but the finish was equivalent to the Bosny.

As for the acrylic paints, truly agree the craft ones give a crapy finish. Now I know, I will buy a set of tamiya for detailing of smaller parts.

Here is one picture I took last night, some how unable to get nice pictures even with DSLR :(

The Scale Model Thread-dpp_0002.jpg
manishalive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2012, 02:43   #10988
Distinguished - BHPian

manishalive - Could you post the names of the cars in your picture. Am not able to identify the non Austin Healey models.
Old 6th February 2012, 05:40   #10989
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
manishalive - Could you post the names of the cars in your picture. Am not able to identify the non Austin Healey models.
Blue-Triumph TR4/TR5 (the cars says TR4, but i find it hard to distinguish between 4 & 5)
Red - MGB
I dont know the model make.

Last edited by zibby : 6th February 2012 at 05:42.
Old 6th February 2012, 17:28   #10990
BHPian

These three classic rally legends are classy Manish.

Some more photographs from different angles will be good.

I will get that "carpet" material and send you some images of the same at the earliest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Thanks for the info buddy, this is real good information. If you can update me on the prices of the same, it would be nice. I do visit Delhi often but rarely on that side of the city, but would make sure the time I catch with this store.

I use Bosny / chinese paint cans(bought from singapore), they give good results, I had used tamiya primer and clear coat in past but the finish was equivalent to the Bosny.

As for the acrylic paints, truly agree the craft ones give a crapy finish. Now I know, I will buy a set of tamiya for detailing of smaller parts.

Here is one picture I took last night, some how unable to get nice pictures even with DSLR :(

Attachment 883003
Your collection is fabulous Sid, but more than that your encouraging and appreciative comments about other enthusiasts' scale models is indeed encouraging.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 30 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 27th February 2012 at 08:19.
Old 9th February 2012, 14:01   #10991
Senior - BHPian

Few images which I created recently;
Attached Thumbnails
The Scale Model Thread-copy-img_1288.cr2.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-copy-img_1399.cr2.jpg  

BANDHAV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2012, 23:56   #10992
BHPian

One of the stars from Automania's new consignment is the finely detailed Rolls Royce Ghosts in 1:18 scale by Kyosho.

These luxury barges are available in silver and black.

Now this calls for another Mumbai visit, even if it is just see them!!!
Attached Thumbnails
The Scale Model Thread-rolls_royce_ghost_black.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-rolls_royce_ghost_silver.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-rolls_royce_ghost.jpg  

AmarPaithankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2012, 22:55   #10993
BHPian

Some random shots of significant automobiles like the BMW 2002, Lancia Fulvia HF coupe, Lancia Delta, etc.
Attached Thumbnails
The Scale Model Thread-p1250043.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-p1250044.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-p1250045.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-p1250046.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-p1250047.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-p1250054.jpg  

AmarPaithankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2012, 04:35   #10994
BHPian

My Mondo Motors LP560 and One-77 1/18. The finish and quality on this isnt the best but the price I picked them up for cant argue much.
The Scale Model Thread-cimg1667.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-cimg1660.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-cimg1669.jpg

Name:  CIMG1666.JPG
Views: 1216
Size:  83.7 KB

The Scale Model Thread-cimg1665.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-cimg1662.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-cimg1661.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmarPaithankar View Post
Some random shots of significant automobiles like the BMW 2002, Lancia Fulvia HF coupe, Lancia Delta, etc.
Nice racing cars collection
zibby is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th February 2012, 11:35   #10995
BHPian

Here's the latest addition to my collection (with some of my other trucks in the background):
Mercedes-Benz L911 truck with loading crane (1969); 1:43 scale; by IXO Models
Attached Thumbnails
The Scale Model Thread-l911.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-l911a.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-l911b.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-l911c.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-l911d.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-l911e.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-l911f.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-l911g.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-l911h.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-l911i.jpg