Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2008, 16:00   #2056
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPMPKDMFF View Post
Hi GTA, I had posted the same question, only about the Saleen from MotorMax... Dippy replied to that, I've quoted him above. The MotorMax models are comparable in quality to Maisto, Welly and the likes... like Dippy stated, they cannot be compared AutoArt, Kyosho or MiniChamps.

IMO, the Skyline looks pretty neat. ERTL I feel has good details, I think they are comparable to AutoART, Kyosho et al, will have to check with Dippy bout that though, Dippy can you help us out
The 2F2F Skyline I have is also from ERTL. Its got good level of detailing. They are comparable to Maisto. I would not compare it to Autoart or Kyosho levels but the KITT is an exception. It does have amazing detailing. The Skyline is not far behind really. It comes with a NOS cylinder etc a strut barce in the engine compartment etc.

So in a summary the Motormax and ERTL are at par with Miasto. I like one part that they are quite heavy, infact more heavier than Maisto models.
Old 23rd March 2008, 16:07   #2057

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
The 2F2F Skyline I have is also from ERTL. Its got good level of detailing. They are comparable to Maisto. I would not compare it to Autoart or Kyosho levels but the KITT is an exception. It does have amazing detailing. The Skyline is not far behind really. It comes with a NOS cylinder etc a strut barce in the engine compartment etc.

So in a summary the Motormax and ERTL are at par with Miasto. I like one part that they are quite heavy, infact more heavier than Maisto models.
Thank you dippy..I am gettin these sent to me from the US.
Btw, My S14 Nismo Silvia is finally on its way here. Cant wait. lol

Ohh another thing. How are Superior Sunnyside Models?
Am getting this one for a friend.
Attached Thumbnails
The Scale Model Thread-su09706.jpg  

Last edited by Cyrus43 : 23rd March 2008 at 16:11.
Old 23rd March 2008, 17:05   #2058
BHPian

@Islero - Where did you get SLR 722 from? is it the Maisto one?
@RPMPKDMFF - now you need the Merc 300SL-based transporter and a GP/300slr merc for your collection
Old 23rd March 2008, 18:22   #2059

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMan View Post
@Islero - Where did you get SLR 722 from? is it the Maisto one?
@RPMPKDMFF - now you need the Merc 300SL-based transporter and a GP/300slr merc for your collection
SLR 722?? I havent seen that one here. If you find the post , can you please put it up again buddy.
Old 23rd March 2008, 19:24   #2060
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA View Post
SLR 722?? I havent seen that one here. If you find the post , can you please put it up again buddy.

Even I wasn't able to place it. Is it the new 722 or the classic model, and where abouts it the post, can someone quote it please. Must have skip it while checking out the thread... but I am quite certain I went through all the pages
Old 24th March 2008, 00:04   #2061

Hey all. Bought myself another one. This time it is a CLS 500 From Maisto. Custom Edition.

Here is a picture off the internet. Will post some after i click them.
Attached Thumbnails
The Scale Model Thread-31080.jpg  

Last edited by Cyrus43 : 24th March 2008 at 00:16.
Old 24th March 2008, 00:17   #2062

Sorry guys. Just coudnt resist it.
Forgive me for the poor picture quality.

The modding is gonna start soon!!! Simple Yet Stunning. This is a true Gangstas Car.
Attached Thumbnails
The Scale Model Thread-dsc01439.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-dsc01441.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-dsc01442.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-dsc01443.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-dsc01444.jpg  

Old 24th March 2008, 00:22   #2063
Senior - BHPian

Not a big fan of the Maisto Players Editions but nice car nevertheless. What mods to an already pimped up ride?
Old 24th March 2008, 01:17   #2064

Quote:
Not a big fan of the Maisto Players Editions but nice car nevertheless. What mods to an already pimped up ride?
U wait and watch dippy.. First and foremost, SMOKING the rear lights. Irrespective of how expensive a maisto is, their rear lights always seem to be pathetic. So that and some touches to the grille maybe. Make it black most probably like i did on the M5.
Attached Thumbnails
The Scale Model Thread-100_3302.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-100_3306.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-100_3315.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-100_3316.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-100_3317.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-100_3323.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-100_3322.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-100_3320.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-100_3319.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-100_3318.jpg  

Old 24th March 2008, 01:53   #2065
BHPian

Quote:
@GTA, Dippy is right, the Playerz edition don't really need mods, the CLS is real hot, is she wearing Giovannis, cause they look real sweet on her. You don't need to work on it anymore, it is just great the way it is. The chrome grille really lets it stand out and contributes to the bling factor, IMO leave it as is... maybe if you have an airbrush, you could add some detailing to the bodywork.

Nice ride though, while you are at it, maybe you could check out the H2 and 300C, also the Gallardo, available from Maisto Players, all long good with the bling thing going on.
Old 24th March 2008, 01:58   #2066

Quote:
@GTA, Dippy is right, the Playerz edition don't really need mods, the CLS is real hot, is she wearing Giovannis, cause they look real sweet on her. You don't need to work on it anymore, it is just great the way it is. The chrome grille really lets it stand out and contributes to the bling factor, IMO leave it as is... maybe if you have an airbrush, you could add some detailing to the bodywork.

Nice ride though, while you are at it, maybe you could check out the H2 and 300C, also the Gallardo, available from Maisto Players, all long good with the bling thing going on.
I have seen the Galardo and i dont fancy it. What i really want is the 300C. But i doubt i will get it here in mumbai. And anyways, I am banned from buying anything till end of may. ( dads orders) lesse how much i can patao him. I now have to make a trip to gift centre which is like the ultimate place to get scale models. The only problem is, they are DAMN expensive. Lets see what hidden treasures i can find there.
Old 24th March 2008, 02:05   #2067
BHPian

Quote:
I have seen the Galardo and i dont fancy it. What i really want is the 300C. But i doubt i will get it here in mumbai. And anyways, I am banned from buying anything till end of may. ( dads orders) lesse how much i can patao him. I now have to make a trip to gift centre which is like the ultimate place to get scale models. The only problem is, they are DAMN expensive. Lets see what hidden treasures i can find there.

Hey GTA, where is Gift Center, cause I hear about it alot, I am not from aorund Mumbai, so no clue. But could ask my brother to check it out for me. Thankx
Old 24th March 2008, 02:12   #2068

Quote:
Hey GTA, where is Gift Center, cause I hear about it alot, I am not from aorund Mumbai, so no clue. But could ask my brother to check it out for me. Thankx
It is at fountain right next to Akbarallys. It has the best models in town. I am dying to take a trip down there. Damn i really should be studying...
Old 24th March 2008, 11:30   #2069

BIG NEWS-
Just found out where the MODELART office in bombay is. They Are selling directly from the office if anyone is interested. You can go directly to the office [FONT=Arial]by giving a prior call.[/FONT]
Old 24th March 2008, 12:02   #2070
BHPian

Quote:
BIG NEWS-
Just found out where the MODELART office in bombay is. They Are selling directly from the office if anyone is interested. You can go directly to the office [FONT=Arial]by giving a prior call.[/FONT]
GTA, what is the contact??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks