Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2022, 14:00   #1906
Senior - BHPian

Re: Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships

Thank you Sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
McDD to the F/A-18 for which the new prefix F/A was introduced .
Yes, the Hornet is truly multirole with an High Alpha to boot.

Quote:
Almost as detailed as the earlier HobbyMaster version {I think} you possess - both are enchanting actually.
The digital camo Slovak Mi-17 is the Witty Wings one. Actually both Herpa & the erstwhile Witty Wings used the same mould for their respective Mi-17s - both have the same shape features, same crease lines and lastly the same flaws and missing feature! The difference between the two quality wise is that the Herpa one feels better built & attachments fit easily.
skanchan95 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 18:31   #1907
BHPian

The Boeing 777-200:

Year introduced: 1994
Rivals: Airbus A330-300
Range: 5240 nautical miles (9700 km)
Engines: General Electric GE90-94B, Rolls-Royce Trent 895-17, Pratt & Whitney PW4077
Length: 63.73 m
Fuselage width: 6.20 m
Wingspan: 60.93 m

Here's my first proper contribution to this thread (I've been lurking for years). It all started when I was looking for a pair of drumsticks to spare, digging through my belongings.

That was when I found this, a horizontal stabiliser.
Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-american-777-scale-model-wing.jpg

Intrigued, I went looking for the scale model it must've come from. I traced it to a scale model of an American Airlines Boeing 777-200 sporting the "Eagle" livery; most surfaces were unpainted to save on weight and hence fuel costs.

Here it is. I don't know if it never came with a stand or if I just couldn't find it.
Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-american-777-scale-model.jpg

The story behind this is a simple one; after my first trip on a 777 in 2015 (I was 8 at the time), I really wanted a scale model of one since I loved it so much (the experience of hearing the GE90 engine start up for the first time is still embedded in my memory). That same year, I pestered my parents for this piece when I saw it on sale somewhere in Ambience Mall, Gurgaon. I was ecstatic when they bought it for me as a delayed 9th birthday gift.

The make is unknown, but detailing on this piece is good enough apart from the engines. The attachments fit reasonably easily and feel decently built. I'm pretty sure it's made of some sort of plastic. The paint quality is surprisingly good, though.

At one point in time, I had 19 scale models of aircraft! I will definitely post again if I find more; they're probably buried in boxes as we've moved twice since I stopped playing with them. Cheers!

Last edited by GForceEnjoyer : 31st October 2022 at 18:33.
GForceEnjoyer is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 20:23   #1908
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GForceEnjoyer View Post
The Boeing 777-200:

Here's my first proper contribution to this thread (I've been lurking for years). It all started when I was looking for a pair of drumsticks to spare, digging through my belongings.

The story behind this is a simple one; after my first trip on a 777 in 2015 (I was 8 at the time)
Welcome to the best thread on Team BHP. I say it even though my view is 101% biased from here to the stratosphere. Thank you for coming out of the shadows. We would love to see your collection. Get into though old packing cases and dig them out. That is a neat 777. On this thread the value of a model is not in its make or price but in the love in the eyes of its collector.
V.Narayan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st November 2022, 18:19   #1909
BHPian

Quote:
Welcome to the best thread on Team BHP. I say it even though my view is 101% biased from here to the stratosphere. Thank you for coming out of the shadows. We would love to see your collection.
Thanks a ton for the warm welcome, sir. Some very wise words in your post which I highly respect; eloquently articulated as usual.

I shall definitely look for my other scale models whenever I have the chance; I remember having a 1:200 scale model of an IndiGo airlines Airbus A320 (made by Hogan wings) as well as a couple of Tupolevs. Might be a nice excuse for keeping them as the centre of attraction in my room again!
GForceEnjoyer is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2022, 18:24   #1910
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a ton for the warm welcome, sir. Some very wise words in your post which I highly respect; eloquently articulated as usual.
This is our own private warm, cozy corner in Team BHP where Skanchan96 of the USAF and Foxbat of the Soviet Frontal aviation battle it out.
Quote:
as well as a couple of Tupolevs. Might be a nice excuse for keeping them as the centre of attraction in my room again!
Tupolev's??? Did you say Tupolevs!!! My ears are up. Foxbat will also be on high alert :-). We wait eagerly.
V.Narayan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2022, 10:48   #1911
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Boeing 777-200:

The make is unknown, but detailing on this piece is good enough apart from the engines. The attachments fit reasonably easily and feel decently built. I'm pretty sure it's made of some sort of plastic. The paint quality is surprisingly good, though.
Welcome to the thread.

I believe the American 777 is New Ray brand and it came with a stand.

Quote:
I remember having a 1:200 scale model of an IndiGo airlines Airbus A320 (made by Hogan wings)
That Hogan Wings 6E A320 is considered a holy Grail among collectors now. Hang onto it. It is invaluable.

Please do post pics of your other models.

Quote:
where Skanchan96 of the USAF and Foxbat of the Soviet Frontal aviation battle it out.
Sir, the next model pics that I post (and it's artwork) will have you wondering where do my loyalties lie and Foxbat will have a big, wide grin on his face just looking at the cheeky artwork(not exactly on the nose to qualify as Nose art but still)
skanchan95 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2022, 15:09   #1912
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
Sir, the next model pics that I post (and it's artwork) will have you wondering where do my loyalties lie and Foxbat will have a big, wide grin on his face just looking at the cheeky artwork(not exactly on the nose to qualify as Nose art but still)
Looks like the (Fox) Bat has bitten you. If you defect the Joint Chiefs of Staff might want to have a word with you
V.Narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2022, 08:08   #1913
BHPian

Quote:
Welcome to the thread.

Is it a Vietnamese Air Force Mig-21?
Old 4th November 2022, 12:59   #1914
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Looks like the (Fox) Bat has bitten you. If you defect the Joint Chiefs of Staff might want to have a word with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat View Post
Is it a Vietnamese Air Force Mig-21?
No. It's this - with an artwork of F-15 in panic being chased by a MiG-29:

1:72 Mikoyan Gurevich MiG-29A Fulcrum-A White 52, 120th Guards Fighter Aviation Regiment, White 52, Russian Air Force, Domna Air Base, Russia, 2000(Herpa)
The 9-12 Fulcrum-A was the first variant of the MiG-29, produced for the Soviet Air force between 1982 and 1986, and has been in military service since June 1983. MiG-29 (9-12A) was produced for export between 1986 and 1990, for Warsaw Pact countries (MiG-29A) and non-Warsaw Pact countries (MiG-29B). MiG-29A/Bs were exported to the following countries with the Indian Air Force being the first export customer.
1986: India
1987: Yugoslavia
1988: Syria, North Korea, German Democratic Republic, Iraq
1989: Czechoslovakia, Poland, Bulgaria, Romania
1990: Iran, Cuba

For years (since 1998) MiGs in Domna have a specific numerals, shark's jaws, Russian two-headed eagle on fins, high-detailed flying vulture (sometimes described as eagle) on left side of the spine and MiG shooting a F-15 on left side of the spine. Full sets were painted on MiG-29s #41, #45 and #52, on #40, #49 and #55 there's no spine's painting, all painting were created by Captain Valeriy Maksimyenko. It is worthy to remember that the vulture (eagle?) emblem & shark mouth were painted in eighties on regiment's MiG-23MLDs in Afghanistan during the Soviet-Afghan war.

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-m29_0.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-m29_1.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-m29_2.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-m29_3.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-m29_3_0.jpg

Sharkmouth
Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-m29_3_1.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-m29_4.jpg

Artwork on the port side - F-15 being chased by a MiG-29
Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-m29_5.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-logo.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-mig29domna2000.jpg

Double headed Eagle emblem of the 120th Guards GvIAP
Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-m29_6.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-m29_7.jpg

Eagle/Vulture artwork on the starboard side
Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-m29_8.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-m29_9.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-m29_10.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-m29_11.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-m29_12.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-m29_13.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-m29_14.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-m29_15.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-m29_15_0.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-m29_15_1.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-m29_16.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-m29_17.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-m29_18.jpg

MiG-29A White 52 at Domna IAP
Name:  images 22.jpeg
Views: 201
Size:  46.3 KB
skanchan95 is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 4th November 2022, 13:02   #1915
Senior - BHPian

Fulcrums
Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-fulc_a1.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-fulc_a2.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-fulc_a3.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-fulc_a4.jpg

Rivals
Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-fulc_r1.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-fulc_r2.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-fulc_r3.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-fulc_r4.jpg

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-fulc_r5.jpg
skanchan95 is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 4th November 2022, 22:53   #1916
BHPian

Quote:

No. It's this - with an artwork of F-15 in panic being chased by a MiG-29:

1:72 Mikoyan Gurevich MiG-29A Fulcrum-A White 52, 120th Guards Fighter Aviation Regiment, White 52, Russian Air Force, Domna Air Base, Russia, 2000(Herpa)
The 9-12 Fulcrum-A was the first variant of the MiG-29, produced for the Soviet Air force between 1982 and 1986, and has been in military service since June 1983. MiG-29 (9-12A) was produced for export between 1986 and 1990, for Warsaw Pact countries (MiG-29A) and non-Warsaw Pact countries (MiG-29B). MiG-29A/Bs were exported to the following countries with the Indian Air Force being the first export customer.
1986: India
1987: Yugoslavia
1988: Syria, North Korea, German Democratic Republic, Iraq
1989: Czechoslovakia, Poland, Bulgaria, Romania
1990: Iran, Cuba

For years (since 1998) MiGs in Domna have a specific numerals, shark's jaws, Russian two-headed eagle on fins, high-detailed flying vulture (sometimes described as eagle) on left side of the spine and MiG shooting a F-15 on left side of the spine. Full sets were painted on MiG-29s #41, #45 and #52, on #40, #49 and #55 there's no spine's painting, all painting were created by Captain Valeriy Maksimyenko. It is worthy to remember that the vulture (eagle?) emblem & shark mouth were painted in eighties on regiment's MiG-23MLDs in Afghanistan during the Soviet-Afghan war.
Great addition to your Mig-29 collection! I think this livery is the most eye catching by far.

Which brand is this? Looks very detailed and well made model. Hope some manufacturer launches a UPG or SMT version soon.
Foxbat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2022, 13:23   #1917
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat View Post

Which brand is this? Looks very detailed and well made model. Hope some manufacturer launches a UPG or SMT version soon.
It is Herpa.
But this Herpa MiG-29 is nearly the same as a JC Wings MiG-29 because they use the same mould, have the same features and have the same inaccuracies - most glaring of which are the shape of the canopy and nose. But that being said, they do have good features like working airbrakes and rudders, engine intake covers and some very nice detailing. While I would have preferred to get a Russian MiG-29 from HM, this particular paint scheme was too tempting. It's a bit like the JC Wings IAF Su-30 - most of us bought it only for the IAF livery in spite knowing the terrible inaccuracies in the model.
skanchan95 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 5th November 2022, 14:26   #1918
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Welcome to the red side Sandesh. Comrade Foxbat approves. The Fulcrum looks just so appealing and I'll say this jealously for the nth time that your photos are to die for. Oh the MiG-29 had so much potential as the MiG-29M and MiG-35; if only the USSR had survived. I've said this before that the Fulcrum especially as the MiG-29M was the better machine compared to the Su-27 equivalents. What a perfect MMRCA in 1996 the MiG-29M would have made.
Still a ruggedly handsome and well proportioned machine. A great addition to your collection.
V.Narayan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 14:19   #1919
BANNED

Here comes the pictures of my most recent acquisition. The Boeing C-17 Globemaster III. Custom built by hand using mahagony wood. Its 1:100 scale, so around 2' long and around similar wingspan. Some finishing issues in the engine bay which am currently trying to fix. Chose to get a refund rather than sending it back for a new piece. It is operated by IAF as also the USAF. Unfortunately its production has stopped now.
Attached Thumbnails
Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-img2557.jpg  

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-img2556.jpg  

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-img2555.jpg  

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-img2554.jpg  

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-img2560.jpg  

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-img2559.jpg  

Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships-img2558.jpg  

Last edited by chaudh2s : 9th November 2022 at 14:20.
chaudh2s is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 20:25   #1920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudh2s View Post
Here comes the pictures of my most recent acquisition. The Boeing C-17 Globemaster III. Custom built by hand using mahagony wood. Its 1:100 scale, so around 2' long and around similar wingspan. Some finishing issues in the engine bay which am currently trying to fix. Chose to get a refund rather than sending it back for a new piece. It is operated by IAF as also the USAF. Unfortunately its production has stopped now.
Wow thats a BIG one, probably the biggest one on this thread ! Was this a custom made model ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks